collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with broken playsets?  (Read 545 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What to do with broken playsets?
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »
I got a couple of broken playsets with a lot recently, and I'm not sure what to do with them.  I've got a dream castle, with part of the border over the drawbridge broken and missing, as well as a couple of spots that would need glue.  Is it of use for anyone for parts?  Or a custom playset?  I was about to offer it up for free to anyone who wants it locally, and throw it out if no one does.

I also have Peachy's stable, with no hinges (just 2 walls, the back and the floor), and Cuddles' carriage without umbrella.

Does anyone need anthing from these?  Should I turf them?

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with broken playsets?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:59:23 PM »
you can sell cuddelss carriage.  even wtihout the umbrella.  as long as its all togehter.   if i was local i' take the dream castle.. lol its a wonder what youc an do with superglue XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »
I'd try to get rid of them locally if you can... hopefully someone will want to fix them up or customize them. I also have cuddles carriage without the umbrella... what ever happened to all the umbrellas!

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:34:29 PM »
I sold a broken dream castle with virtually no accessories and a few random common baity ponies for 10 gbp ( 15 usd) at a car bootsale this summer so there are people out there that will buy such things, especially non collectors.
I think the lady just wanted it for her grandaughter
Jem :biggrin:
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:35:12 AM »
Well, I was really happy when I found the shell of the pink dream castle without any broken areas. But it was  *missing everything* at a thrift store. I figured I'd pick up another castle eventually cheap with a broken main building, but good walls which I need, Or find someone who had the parts and complete mine that way.

Do you buy lot auctions often? I'm always buying those and I end up with random collections of playset parts. I sell off little pieces often so others can complete their sets. So if you want/are missing a castle, buggy, parlor, I'd hold onto those as getting the big parts of playsets shipped to Canada can become expensive. It'll be cheaper (and someone on the forums will have the parts for you eventually) to ask and buy/ship in the parts you're missing. Especially the parlor, I've had spare clips before as I'll remove them from otherwise gross/bait parlors I come accross. :)

So.... that said, if you are still looking to get rid of the castle and willing to part it out I may be interested depending on price and what you have. :) I am missing the blue door, and both side walls. and most of the other pieces and accessories. (I'd take the entire thing if shipping isn't too outragous to BC) I don't mind yellowing, but would prefer the pieces I'm missing to be undamaged otherwise. I'd be willing to buy also if say, one hinge clip is broken off but otherwise fine, minor stuff.

Random pieces you can't get rid of here -when I was in ON I had great luck throwing them into a box with some super common kinda baity ponies and sticking them on Craigslist. LOTS of people looking to buy toys and dolls in Ontario. I swear that was the toy collecting capital of Canada, lol. They'll go even faster if you're close to any big cities. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:27:28 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
The dream castle sound easily patchable to me and some people might like the stable without the roof because you really can't play with it or display ponies well with the roof closed. Please dont throw them away.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 11:31:57 AM »
You could always offer them here for the cost of shipping but even easier would probably be to offer them locally since then you don't have to mess with waiting for payment or boxing them up for shipping.

Check and see if you have a local FreeCycle group or if you're on Facebook see if there are any local sales/swap groups that you could join and post pics. I was cleaning out my shed the other day and was able to get rid of some stuff the same night by posting in a Facebook group.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »
If you are looking to move them on then I agree with one of the two main options suggested. Either offer them for a zero to minimal price on here with people just paying shipping [as unfortunately the shells especially when missing or broken] dont have massive value or appeal once shipping is added to a buying price. Or alternatively offer them up as spares and repairs as lots of people can sometimes be on the look out for a part to complete a playset.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »
If I lived locally to you, I'd take Dream Castle off your hands - the only playsets I own were gained locally, at the thrift store and flea market and my Lullabye Nursery is damaged but I still love it.  :)  Anyway. . .

I agree with offering them locally as spares or free and buyer just pays shipping.  I'm sure there's someone who'll want them.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Betelgeuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »
Broken Dream Castle is still better than no dream castle.

I wish I could have it but it would be difficult to ship.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal