collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: my payment is pending?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
my payment is pending?
« on: October 08, 2016, 08:09:09 PM »
Hi, I've been buying a lot of things off ebay lately and when I buy something I pay immediately, or i'm afraid I'll forget. I honestly dont even know how to NOT pay instantly. xD

Well I ordered something, I paid right away as usual, and item arrives in mail. I was charged 1.18 at the mailbox because the weight of the package was more than the postage said.

I went to the seller and told them about this and asked for a refund of 1.18, they refunded me right away. I have no problems at all with the seller, mistakes happen, and they fixed it right away. But I randomly looked into my purchase history and under this listing it says "your payment is pending"

What does that mean? It has a big button that says "check paypal transaction" but when I click it and log into paypal it takes me to an Error page.  I cant even leave feedback for this item, and I'd really like to because It really is a nice item and they handled the postage refund quickly and nicely..
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: my payment is pending?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 01:29:40 AM »
I think it's normal whenever you're being refunded. It can take a few days, but the payment should show in your paypal eventually. Not sure about the paypal error page?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »
Unfortunately it can take some time for a refund to work its way back to you. You will need to wait for that refund to actually get back to you before you can do anything more and that could take a week or so.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 12:40:41 PM »
I think she's saying her refund came through but the initial payment is pending. Am I correct?

I had this happen once with a purchase from a seller in Germany. It also initially showed as unclaimed in Paypal, although that eventually changed. However, I don't think it ever cleared up in Ebay (I can't tell now because this was back in April.) But despite Ebay saying the payment was pending, the seller had received the money on her end and I had received my item. I was however able to leave her feedback, so I can't answer for that part in your case.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 10:31:06 PM »
Well the refund cleared right away in my paypal, as in, the money is there and all.
The payment pending does not really specify if it's my payment or the refund, so I have no idea, xD I know i paid, the money was removed from my account back when I bought the item. maybe its just is a weird error, i only made a post because i dont want ebay to take some action against me if it looks like iv failed to pay something? and i would like to send a positive feedback to the seller. I assume this is whats preventing me from doing that.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 06:59:35 AM »
Well the refund cleared right away in my paypal, as in, the money is there and all.
The payment pending does not really specify if it's my payment or the refund, so I have no idea, xD I know i paid, the money was removed from my account back when I bought the item. maybe its just is a weird error, i only made a post because i dont want ebay to take some action against me if it looks like iv failed to pay something? and i would like to send a positive feedback to the seller. I assume this is whats preventing me from doing that.

I have no idea why you can't leave feedback - but I have a purchase where the seller issued a partial refund because the item was damaged between them listing and shipping. This was back in maybe February? I got the refund right away, but it showed up as pending for over a month before I just hid it. I checked back a few times and the Pending didn't go away until the listing was so old that it could no longer be viewed.

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 07:09:32 AM »
I believe it is part of the new system. When I have received any type of refund it lists as pending, and loses the option for feedback (at least on the mobile app). It also does not let me remove it from my list and "hide" it on the app. I believe it is just a bug in the system.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal