collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you didn't think would come back to you.  (Read 290 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Ponies you didn't think would come back to you.
« on: November 13, 2022, 06:38:20 AM »
Hello everyone,

I sold some rare ponies to stay afloat financially but I miss them so much. I'm worried that I will never have them in my collection again.

So please tell me stories of 'the one that got away' who made their way back to you. All generations are welcome. I just need to hear some happy stories.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Ponies you didn't think would come back to you.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 06:59:00 AM »
I'm sorry you miss your ponies :( I would too if I was in a similar situation.

One time there was a seller I wanted to buy a pony from. I asked if it was available and it was! But the seller was from a country with super high shipping prices. I did not take that into consideration when I asked about the pony. It turned out the shipping was too expensive for me so I had to pass on the pony.

About a month later I get a package in the mail. It's from the seller - she'd sent me the pony for free! :hearts: I'll never forget that. Unfortunately, I don't think she comes to the forum anymore. I haven't seen her in a couple years. I still have the pony though :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 07:07:50 AM »
I'm sorry you miss your ponies :( I would too if I was in a similar situation.

One time there was a seller I wanted to buy a pony from. I asked if it was available and it was! But the seller was from a country with super high shipping prices. I did not take that into consideration when I asked about the pony. It turned out the shipping was too expensive for me so I had to pass on the pony.

About a month later I get a package in the mail. It's from the seller - she'd sent me the pony for free! :hearts: I'll never forget that. Unfortunately, I don't think she comes to the forum anymore. I haven't seen her in a couple years. I still have the pony though :)

That is a lovely story. Thanks for sharing :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 04:40:15 PM »
There were a few ponies that I was so worried about missing but managed to end up getting in lots or thrifting later.

But, I do have one story. It wasn't a My Little Pony pony, but it was a handmade horse figurine. I missed getting one when it was first sold by the maker and was pretty bummed, but later the buyer resold her to me! The buyer and I had been talking for a while before that since we were in the same handmade figurine community, so she was nice enough to offer her to me when she decided to sell it. And that is a one of a kind figurine!

So, I wouldn't lose hope. You never know when one of those rare ponies will just so happen to pop up again!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 07:58:19 AM »
Baby Gusty! And Italian heart throb.

Back in the late 1990s, my sister and I went carbooting a lot for ponies, and we had a rival who would also buy up the ponies to collect. Sometimes we missed out on ponies because she got to them first and vice versa.

Italian Heart Throb was on a stall with a bunch of other ponies. The UK didn't get Heart Throb's release at all, so this was the first time we ever saw her. My sister really wanted her, but on that stall was also Lightning and Princess Pearl, ponies my sister knew I'd been wanting for YEARS. The other collector was around and so my sister, being lovely, pretty much jumped on top of the box with Lightning and Pearl in to guard them for me. In doing so, she missed out on Heart Throb, who the other collector waved in her face. Cue my sister in tears.

...A year or two later, this collector sold up for various reasons. These ponies all turned up at the carboot sale, and we were able to go around to their house that evening to check out the ones they hadn't brought. (They had well over 700 ponies). One of the ones that was at their house was Italian Heart Throb. I picked her up from the pile and presented her to my sister. She was one of those we took home with us. At last :)

BUT! Baby Gusty was not there! I had been to the collector's house before and we'd traded, so I knew she had Baby Gusty (the play and care set regular European one). I looked through all the ponies but couldn't see her. I gave up. I assumed she'd already sold at the carboot sale that morning before we got there.

...A few weeks later. The rest of the collection had been picked up by a dealer, who was a lot nicer to deal with than the collector's family. And on his stall...inside the Show Stable...was Baby Gusty! I expected him to say we had to buy the whole playset to get her (I was willing!). But he said nope, you can have her for 50p. And so at long last she TOO came home with us.

I haven't ever had a double of Baby Gusty. We've also never had a duplicate Italian HT. I feel like those two were meant to come here - they just took a diversion first.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 09:43:31 AM »
Thanks for the sweet stories. It means a lot to me :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2022, 08:45:08 AM »
Not necessarily any particularly costly ponies here, but when I was kicked out of my parents a lot of my collection was sadly left behind. There were two in particular that were very dear to me. One was G4 Soarin', the movie figure. My best friend knew that boy ponies were my favourite, and, when I visited her at her university, she presented me with him - she had found him whilst food shopping and had bought him to give me as a gift! The other was my CIB Rainbow Dash wedding figure. The wedding set for G4 got me into collecting, and Rainbow Dash was my favourite. Both were left behind.

A few years later, on my birthday, my best friend was beyond excited with the gifts she had gotten me. Not only did she remember several G1 ponies that I had always wanted, but never quite gotten, there were also two boxes that she waited to give me. One, a replacement for the soarin' she got me. Two, the Wedding Rainbow Dash CIB. I had no idea how she had found them so many years later, but there they were! I won't lie, I did tear up. It was so sweet of her.

The one that I am still waiting for a return on is Thundercloud. I'd had him since I was a kid, and foolishly left him behind at my parents. Eventually, he will make his way back to me, and I can't wait for that day <33

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 08:50:58 AM »
I had my 'Punzie, and wanted to get her for a long time for various sentimental reasons.  I also had to sell her to stay financially afloat, so she passed from my hands to someone else. :(

Fast forward, I knew I always wanted to make a custom Rapunzel and finally found someone that was up to the task and made me my very own unique pony!  I don't have pics, although there are some floating around (I need to find a good space for her where the cats won't destroy her hair :D ).  I also want to give her a special hairdo, so she needs a little more work.  It's not quite the same thing, but there was a reason I wanted Rapunzel and I have her again now.
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2022, 02:19:39 PM »
All of my childhood ponies for one thing. I was just amazed every time I got a pakage in the mail and saw one of those familiar faces again. I also passed on a few Twinkle Eye Ponies due to plastic issues or concerns about plastic issues, then Basic Fun re-released 4 of them so that was awesome. Same with Trickles. I used to spend a lot of time hunting online and used to get some interesting ponies just by being in the right place at the right time, although I don't have time to shop much now. I expect you will get some of those rare ones back over the years through collection sales or buying at a con. Like Taffeta says, other people sell up for all sorts of reasons so I'm sure your luck will improve again in future.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 04:30:09 PM »
Lost a pony when I was younger from eBay. It was a venezuelan OOAK, and the factory didn't even finish hairing it. I had a decent sized budget, but I was also still in university at the time and didn't have anymore to spare. I lost and was super super heartbroken because I KNEW I wouldn't see it again! I was very wrong, a couple months later, someone here was looking to rehome her. They were someone who at the time frequently bought and resold, but it never seemed to be for a profit so I don't think she was asking more than I had lost for. I believe they had the missing hairs added by someone or did it themselves (you can see a very very slight difference in the front hair being shinier and more intense in colour, and the hair starting behind the ears a tiny bit more faded - it's still an excellent match!!!), and I have had ever ever since. I will never ever ever let her go, she is so precious to me.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal