collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi Stars Dolls- Thread #2  (Read 21106 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Novi Stars Dolls- Thread #2
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2016, 02:45:10 PM »
you would think since brats got a redo novi would too

Well I don't know that Novi Stars was a successful line for them. Mostly I think because the first series was so difficult to pose and the arms kept falling off- something corrected in later waves but the chance probably came and went...

I wish they would relaunch Novis though- such a gorgeous creative line of dolls.  I am dying for the prototypes that they never made...

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »
A wonderful member on the MHarena helped me get these 4 beauties, since they are so beautiful they get to hang with my bjds :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm yet to take the plunge but I really love them!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2017, 09:07:03 PM »
I have Malie Tasker :) she's simple and beautiful and totally me (the multitasking pun)

I would one day like to get Vera Tabray and Mimi Merize

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2017, 06:52:38 AM »
those two are hard to come by these days!

and does anyone in the universe know if UK, or Russia or where oh where is a carmela to be found??  I "thought" it would be no problem to allow my daughters to give her to a BFF when she moved and I would be able to replace her... man, was I wrong.  Do we have a novi trading thread here?  I've been having fun making MH-novi hybrids... have to pop back with a share in a bit here

but yeah, kinda bummed this line went and seems to have disappeared - right when they were coming up with cooler ideas

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Keemax

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »
does anyone in the universe know if UK, or Russia or where oh where is a carmela to be found??  I "thought" it would be no problem to allow my daughters to give her to a BFF when she moved and I would be able to replace her... man, was I wrong.

*sucks in breath through teeth*

In stores? No. You can still find some of the first four and the beach line here in the UK (maaaybee a Frostina if you're lucky) but I haven't seen a Carmella in couple years - not even on ebay. But then again, I wasn't specifically looking for her, so I may have missed a few listings  :shrug:

I think your best bet is to stalk ebay UK (and whichever other countries actually got that wave. Was it just the UK and Russia? I can't seem to find a country-specific release list anywhere), and the forum.

Good Luck with your search  ^.^

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 02:55:50 AM »
I've received 4 Novis in the mail earlier this week, and my heart broke over how wonky their eyes are - the little pictograms in their eyes are totally not aligned/looking into the same direction. and I thought the crushed boxes (thank you, dear seller, for sending them in plastic bags. seriously?! >_< :mad: ) were bad enough.
does anyone of you have the same experience with these girls? are they prone to not aligned eyes, or is it just me being very unlucky/overly picky? with these, I currently have 6 Novis sitting in storage unopened, because I am planning to find upgrades for them, as I'm pretty sure I won't be happy with them :( I can't even say I wish I got into them earlier, because they were never available in stores here, only one or two online shops carried them, so I wouldn't have been able to choose there either :(

(aaaaand yes, one of them is Malie... the others are quite easy to come by, but Malie has gotten pretty expensive on eBay)

does any of you know how their eyes are inserted, and if it is possible to try to fiddle with them and get them aligned? I haven't seen anyone trying to mod or switch their eyes before, and I might not be brave enough to be the first to try it out :yikes:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:58:14 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 04:09:20 AM »
having made the hybrids I found if you wrap them in a heat pad for a bit to soften the head, you can gently re-position the novi's eyes no problem... yeah I kinda freaked out the first time I sort of popped an eye, but it popped back in no worries thankfully

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 07:46:17 AM »
The last four (Carmela, Frostina, Doe and Justina) were only sold in Russia and *one* shop in the UK (The Entertainer); I haven't seen any of them in months, though. I think at this point, your best bet on finding them would be to stalk eBay UK and/or sales threads :x Best of luck to you.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2017, 11:35:52 AM »
having made the hybrids I found if you wrap them in a heat pad for a bit to soften the head, you can gently re-position the novi's eyes no problem... yeah I kinda freaked out the first time I sort of popped an eye, but it popped back in no worries thankfully
ah, that makes me a little relieved, thank you for the info!
though I'm still a little concerned having read this, as the poster of the picture says the plastic is weaker and stretching it to get the eyes out will leave stretch marks. I can't see any stretch marks though, still I'll have to think it over carefully who to experiment on first (like... I'm sure it won't be Malie :D ).

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2017, 05:48:40 AM »
Umm... I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been having a go at designing a reboot for Novi Stars myself  :blush:
I figured that main gimmicks would be shared by all of the dolls within one assortment, so you could have a number of lines at different price points instead of having to raise/lower prices to accommodate for dolls with more complex gimmicks within lines (electronic vs scented for example)...
Also elbow/knee articulation in addition to what they had already is a must, at least in the case where it doesn't hinder the gimmick or increase the price point due to complexity (I've thought quite a lot about this, as you can tell...)  ^.^

I call this line 'Stellar Scents' and it has one returning character (Ari!) plus three new ones I designed.. I hope you like it! :heart:
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »
Umm... I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been having a go at designing a reboot for Novi Stars myself  :blush:
I figured that main gimmicks would be shared by all of the dolls within one assortment, so you could have a number of lines at different price points instead of having to raise/lower prices to accommodate for dolls with more complex gimmicks within lines (electronic vs scented for example)...
Also elbow/knee articulation in addition to what they had already is a must, at least in the case where it doesn't hinder the gimmick or increase the price point due to complexity (I've thought quite a lot about this, as you can tell...)  ^.^

I call this line 'Stellar Scents' and it has one returning character (Ari!) plus three new ones I designed.. I hope you like it! :heart:

Those are adorable! I would love to see them become actual dolls!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »
Those are super cute Crystal!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2017, 11:54:05 AM »
oh wow, these are super cute! and also very creative (I especially like the name Boo Kay - and I also like her the most overall)! thank you for sharing your designs with us, it does show you have put a lot of thought into them :)

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »
Those are adorable! I would love to see them become actual dolls!
Those are super cute Crystal!
oh wow, these are super cute! and also very creative (I especially like the name Boo Kay - and I also like her the most overall)! thank you for sharing your designs with us, it does show you have put a lot of thought into them :)

Ahhh thankyou so much guys, I'm so glad you like them! It's my dream to design toys so I wish I could make them real :sheepish:
I'm glad you appreciate my designs :) As a side note, it seems like Boo Kay is everyone's favourite! I posted individual pictures of each design to my instagram and her's was the most popular by far! :heart:
Also, some good news is I managed to finish the designs for the next set today! I call it 'Galactic Glitter' and it has Una Verse and Gail Lexi returning, along with some new ones! It's also split into two sets because numbers :P

EDIT: And a playset! Feat. alien popstar, Moonie Beam!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:18:56 AM by Crystal-Sushi »
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2017, 04:26:47 AM »
Crystal-Sushi, these Novi designs you made are pretty awesome! I'd probably grab all the "snowglobe" ones (what can i say, i like that gimmick).

I especially like Coco Mette, Millie K. Way and Moonie Beem :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal