collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tokyo Disneyland or Disney Sea?  (Read 644 times)

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Tokyo Disneyland or Disney Sea?
« on: March 23, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »
Those who have been to Japan and had the chance to go to either/both Disneyland or Disney Sea, which did you like better?  :huh:

I'm off to Tokyo in just over 8 weeks and am trying to convince my Mum that since we can't go the Ghibli Museum then we should go to Disney. I can't work out which one is better (and yes I've read all the articles/Q & A online).

I am a HUGE Disney fan but I live in New Zealand and have never been to any of the Disney Parks and only plan on going to 1 other Disney Park with my extended family in 10 years. So this will be an almost once in a lifetime opportunity for me.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Tokyo Disneyland or Disney Sea?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:09:22 PM »
WHAT, you too? I'll be in Japan with my bf and his family from May 19-June 1! I am also going to Disney Sea!

I'd love to hear more opinions on this too though, just because I have no idea what to expect. We also plan on hitting the Ghibli museum!

What I have heard since my boyfriend did go last summer was that it's not very 'Disney' the way that we know it here in the US. It does have Disney elements, but it's maybe got 1-2 rides, and it's largely aimed at adults and so the aesthetic is a lot more whimsical but in a grown-up way if that makes sense? If you're a big Disney fan it might be better to choose Tokyo Disney, but I am definitely not an authority on that!

But hey, maybe I'll see you there :P LOL
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »
Those are almost the exact dates I'll be there!! Scary! :shocked:

Yeah that's what most of the internet says - Sea is more 'adult' like but very beautiful, whereas Land is more what you think a Disney park should be.... I've looked at the website and gone through both the shops and attractions for Both land and sea but they each have pros and cons.....

My want list.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
i liked both, but if you only have the chance to go to one... hmmm i'd say disney sea.

i'll be going to both this august. and well haven't been in over 5 years so i have no idea how they've changed.
tokyo disney is kinda a mesh of several park in florida, at least that's how it felt to me.
there were rides and attractions that were totally new to me at disney sea, so i enjoyed it more.

but we went to disney sea at Christmas time and it was epic!
how long are you both staying in japan? will it be your first time? staying in tokyo or traveling to other cities too? so exciting!!!
I've been having dreams about getting off the plane ever since i got a confirmed date for travel.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
I think I'd have to choose Disney Sea (even though one of the rides we wanted to visit was down - boo). There are several Disneyland parks out there, but only one Disney Sea. Having said that, what MidnightMocha has mentioned is right - For me, it didn't feel like much of a Disney park, it felt more of a general theme park, so I guess it would depend on which one you'd prefer.

Have a great trip! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 07:28:52 PM »
i liked both, but if you only have the chance to go to one... hmmm i'd say disney sea.

i'll be going to both this august. and well haven't been in over 5 years so i have no idea how they've changed.
tokyo disney is kinda a mesh of several park in florida, at least that's how it felt to me.
there were rides and attractions that were totally new to me at disney sea, so i enjoyed it more.

but we went to disney sea at Christmas time and it was epic!
how long are you both staying in japan? will it be your first time? staying in tokyo or traveling to other cities too? so exciting!!!
I've been having dreams about getting off the plane ever since i got a confirmed date for travel.

It's my first time- I've wanted to visit Japan for over 13 years and I am over the moon that it's happening this year! I'll be visiting Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, and Nara :) Maybe some other places but I don't recall their names- I'm going with my bf's family who are Japanese and they have some more obscure stops in mind!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:30:43 PM by MidnightMocha »

Offline melon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
Visit both parks, if possible, as they are different in their own ways :)

The park event happening during your visit is Easter which is really fun with all the beautiful spring pastels!
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/event/easter2015/tdl/index.html (land)
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/event/easter2015/tds/index.html (sea)

If you only have one day to spare, you can consider getting a regular ticker for one park and night ticket (cheaper) for the other. Depending on the day of your visit, you could get the starlight (after 3pm) or after-6 ticket:
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/schedule/timeschedule/may_e.html

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
Visit both parks, if possible, as they are different in their own ways :)

The park event happening during your visit is Easter which is really fun with all the beautiful spring pastels!
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/event/easter2015/tdl/index.html (land)
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/event/easter2015/tds/index.html (sea)

If you only have one day to spare, you can consider getting a regular ticker for one park and night ticket (cheaper) for the other. Depending on the day of your visit, you could get the starlight (after 3pm) or after-6 ticket:
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/schedule/timeschedule/may_e.html

Wow, thanks Melon! That is so cool! I love how Easter goes until June, haha- that'll be great!

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
It'll be my first time as well. I'll be spending most of the week in Tokyo with a over night stay in Nikko maybe. I really only have a day to do Disney as there are a lot of places I want to. Is it and mum isn't too keen on the idea of going to Disneyland.

I do like the idea of going to both... Might have a look at prices again and see if it's worth it. So much to plan and not enough time to do it in!

My want list.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »

So much to plan and not enough time to do it in!
its always this isn't it.

i hope you both have fun.
and mocha it's nice that you can go there with your friends. ask if they know of any recycle shops. they are so much fun!!
i have a few i frequented in Kansai.
i've been to Tokyo a few times, but it's really not my favorite. Osaka, and Kobe and the ones inbetween are the cities that stole my heart. woot!
 but i'm a huge fan of den den town. believe there's a version of it in Tokyo, but i wasn't able to find it when i was there.
oh! and if you find a family friendly one, maid cafes are the best!!!

#1 suggestion- lots and lots of purikura.

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 09:42:57 PM »

So much to plan and not enough time to do it in!
its always this isn't it.

i hope you both have fun.
and mocha it's nice that you can go there with your friends. ask if they know of any recycle shops. they are so much fun!!
i have a few i frequented in Kansai.
i've been to Tokyo a few times, but it's really not my favorite. Osaka, and Kobe and the ones inbetween are the cities that stole my heart. woot!
 but i'm a huge fan of den den town. believe there's a version of it in Tokyo, but i wasn't able to find it when i was there.
oh! and if you find a family friendly one, maid cafes are the best!!!

#1 suggestion- lots and lots of purikura.

I'm already a purikura FREAK, so I'm excited to drag the boyfriend there ^^

And I'm so excited I have an entourage- my bf and his family speaks Japanese so no chance of me making a fool of myself ^^;

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »
Have fun, whatever you decide to do :)

Closest I have is a pamphlet I got from someone who went to Tokyo Disneyland during Halloween..but you wouldn't want my opinion based on that because ive been to WDW in florida and there is no comparison to that ;)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 08:45:43 AM »
I'm jealous! Either option sounds fun!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 12:41:30 PM »
LUUUUUCKY!!!! :squee: its my DREAM to go to Japan someday! I would say the Tokyo Disney Park would be very pretty to go to and they have such amazing stuff there thats only sold there! that and alllll the shops around the city with a zillion cute things, all super accessable by the trains! =)

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 12:55:22 PM »
It's been my dream for a while as well. I was lucky enough to get flights for almost more than half of what they usually are!

I keep looking at the Japan Disneyland site and the more I want to go to both! I'm not sure if mum would go for going to 1 during the day and the other during the evening. Oh the hard choices we have to make in life! Lol

My want list.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal