collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo is coming! Who's writing this year?  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
Re: NaNoWriMo is coming! Who's writing this year?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 01:52:28 AM »
I'll add you once i get home Aienhime :D And yay for other fans of Within Temptation ^_^

Currently at about 5000 words ^_^

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 09:41:58 AM »
I have zero words so far. Go me! I have been out of town/working all of November so far. About to crank something out during my lunch hour, though!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 09:51:55 AM »
I've got 2,555 out of 20,000 words in my Journal. I gave myself a more modest goal of 20,000 words and that weekend writing is optional.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 10:30:09 AM »
I'm at 13205 because I couldn't hold the Plot Bunnies off yesterday.  I finally got to the point, though, that I was seriously too tired to keep my eyes open any longer, even though I still had more to write.  I felt like a five year old being told it was bed time even though they're beat and trying to cry their way out of it.  Total bummer there ;)  However, the parts I couldn't control yesterday are from like halfway through the story, so I'm kind of glad I had sleep force me to take a break so I could continue on the actual linear part of my plot (that is equally exciting).  Today's already been a busy day, and I'm still not done with errands, so we'll see how much more I can push through today :)

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »
Bumping to check how everyone's fairing so far this year!

I pushed myself way ahead the first four days (around 21k), but have been struggling all day today.  I didn't start writing until after lunch (granted, I woke up to the power being out and had to get an oil change), made it to about 800 words then let myself take a nap.  Then I set up a new fish tank and took down my indoor Halloween decorations.  I'm still about 300 words behind the daily target NaNo suggests and I'm really hoping that my motivation is just taking a breather, as opposed to having left me.  Slumps happen to me every year, and I'm usually not quite this far along so early, so we'll see how this goes :)

Anyone's characters do something amazing yet?  Unexpected?  Let's keep writing pony people!  We've got this!!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
I'm at around 12k words, which given the fact that I have been dealing with midterms and had to skip one entire day of writing so I could study, I'm pretty happy with my total so far!  I'm having so much fun working on this!  This has been just the little push that I needed to motivate me to really make some headway on this idea.  I've been actually started this project multiple times, but this is the farthest I've gotten on it in any of my attempts.  :biggrin:

I hope everyone else's novels are going good too!   ^.^

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Archer

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 07:25:29 AM »
Anyone else got songs they listen to depending on which character they're writing about? I'm writing a sequel of sorts to my novel last year (same sort of story but from another angle) And realised that when the main character from last years novel pops into this years, i'm playing the same songs i did last year :) Helps me get a feel for her character :)

Hit a bit of a mini slump yesterday in that i couldn't concentrate on it and as such barely made the days target, but i got there eventually lol. I'm hoping i can reinvigorate it tonight :)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 07:34:16 AM »
I'm at 4,869 words out of 20,000 in my journaling. Since I'm deliberately pacing myself at about 1,000 per weekday, I'm about where I want to be. I'm about to add another 1,000 or so to it right now.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 08:06:25 AM »
Well, it's day 7... and I'm starting over with a completely different project. This will be, um.. fun.

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »
Well, it's day 7... and I'm starting over with a completely different project. This will be, um.. fun.

Keep your words for your total count, though!  Even if you decide to scrap that project (for now), you still wrote them!  Don't worry about this; you still have three weeks.  It's plenty doable!! 

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »
7,070 out of 20,000. :D Yay for me.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 09:51:52 AM »

Keep your words for your total count, though!  Even if you decide to scrap that project (for now), you still wrote them!  Don't worry about this; you still have three weeks.  It's plenty doable!! 

Yup, I plan to. I'm hoping to make it to 50k with the new project alone, but the others are a good buffer to keep me on track for victory!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2014, 06:11:18 AM »
All of you are inspirational. I'm outlining for a young adult as my NanoWrimo project. I'm aiming to do 15 pages. That way I can keep up with my podcasting, new website, and writing clients.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2014, 06:38:52 AM »
All of you are inspirational. I'm outlining for a young adult as my NanoWrimo project. I'm aiming to do 15 pages. That way I can keep up with my podcasting, new website, and writing clients.

The way I look at it is creative progress is creative progress.  I remember reading something that Chris Baty said what the whole 50k number actually began pretty arbitrary, as it was the easiest guesstimate as to how long a novel "should" be, and the month deadline was simply to fight procrastination.  The entire purpose of NaNoWriMo from the beginning was to get creative juices flowing and to get people to quit saying "one day, I'll do this creative thing" so they could say "OMG!  I just did this creative thing!"  So many people have become like... NaNoCops or something and insist that if you stray anywhere from the 50k in 30 days "goal" that you're not actually doing anything successfully creative.  If other commitments need attention and all you're able to do is hammer out a solid outline for a future project, that's still that much further than you would have been without it <3  Kudos to you for pushing ahead with creativity even though you're being a "NaNo Rebel"!!

Late last night, I had a character that I had no idea existed boldly declare that he was my MC.  My real MC is currently imprisoned in the underworld, and to intimidate the enemies that are on the surface, this unknown dude has started running around claiming to be my MC.  I have no idea anything about this guy other than that he's a knight, a good man, and has blonde hair.  I had to wrap the scene up faster than I anticipated, and it made me have to drop a tense situation that was supposed to come before I knew he was going to show up, and he needs a name.  But, I suppose this is all par for the course when it comes to November...

Offline Archer

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »
I just gave a character amnesia lol. Didn't plan to but as i was writing it just sort of happened and fits in well with where i want this character to go lol :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal