collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your favourite craft for this time of year?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
What's your favourite craft for this time of year?
« on: September 18, 2022, 03:42:22 AM »
I was just thinking that now is a good time to make salve. I have the beeswax from last month and my hands have suddenly gone very dry in the colder weather. How about you?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: What's your favourite craft for this time of year?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 06:20:01 AM »
Hmm. I don't really have seasonal crafts. I guess, making pumpkins with my needle felting counts? I should be making things for the Spring though since I hope to open an Etsy shop by next year.

I've been interested in candle making, but I have so much else to do I can't really add a new hobby right now :lol: but this is a good time to do candles, I'd think, with winter coming up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 01:07:11 AM »
Knitting, deffo!!! At this time if year it's starting to get cold, so the extra layers are a must. Scarf weather, hat weather, cosy jumper weather, all on the way, so this is when knitting comes into its own
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 03:30:37 AM »
I don't really have any seasonal craft, I think. But as it gets colder and I spend more time indoors I do get back to art and crafts more.
This year overall I've been doing a lot of watercolors and I don't intend to stop it  :heart:
Also, crocheting is a perfect craft for cold evenings.  :coffee:
I love making amigurumis!  :frog:

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 10:37:41 AM »
I don't really have any seasonal craft, I think. But as it gets colder and I spend more time indoors I do get back to art and crafts more.
This year overall I've been doing a lot of watercolors and I don't intend to stop it  :heart:

I just looked up amigurumis, how lovely! They look quite tricky actually.

It must be pumpkin time soon :heart:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 02:10:19 AM »
:bumping:

It's spring now in the Northern hemisphere, perhaps people have other seasonal crafts they would like to share? This is a good topic!

I admit my crafts are rarely affected by seasons, I pretty much do the same things year round, because I mostly stick to papercrafts and pony customs. (Unless cooking counts, lol!) The themes are sometimes inspired by seasons but that mainly goes for autumn and winter. I like spring and summer well enough but they don't inspire me artistically that much. :lol:

I do have some plants I should repot, and I was looking at some of my old plastic self-watering pots which look quite grubby. Perhaps I could paint them to make them look neater? I wonder what type of paint I should use, is acrylic okay or should I look for something else? Maybe spray paint would be better...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2023, 05:24:18 AM »
Are the plants indoors? If so, I think regular acrylic would work fine. You'd definitely want to seal it with something water and UV proof.

Haha, I have to laugh at my earlier reply to this thread. My etsy shop is on hold. I do have a couple of spring/Easter inspired ponies. One is finished except for her bunny friend and some eggs for the basket. I don't think I'll finish before Easter since I need to work on my DTIYS pony and I have a commission I need to get working on.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 03:33:59 PM »
Now I know what amigurumis are, I love them too!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 01:39:28 AM »
Are the plants indoors? If so, I think regular acrylic would work fine. You'd definitely want to seal it with something water and UV proof.

Thanks for the input! Yes these are indoor plants. I do have a glossy sealant for acrylics which is stated to be outdoor quality, perhaps that would work :) I'll have to check if it says anything about UV.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal