Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Sinned (Results Up!)

(1/12) > >>

tuneful87:
Before voting, please read the following post in its entirety. Things will be changing from this round forward. This is the first time I’ve run a competition of this nature, and it wasn’t until a few rounds in until I determined what seemed to be working and what wasn’t. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Voting: You may only vote for one ghoul – the ghoul you feel will be eliminated this round. Please post your prediction in the thread. You may win a prize if you guess right.

Call Out: The judges will determine the call out order each week. Please read their critique fully before voting. Remember, the ghouls are not being judged just on the week’s photos, but also on their past performance, progression, and potential.

Prizes: At the end of the competition, I will tally up which members correctly predicted which ghouls went home. The member who scores the highest will receive a Monster High compilation prize. I have a ton of stuff to choose from, everything from accessories to clothes to brushes and stands.

Now, moving on....

Welcome to Cycle 1 of America's Next Top Monster! Seven lovely monsters stand before me, but only one can be on top.
Last  week the ghouls were decked out as '90s music superstars. Nefera, Clawdeen, and Toralei killed it, while Frankie and Ghoulia fell flat. Ghoulia was slated to be eliminated, but Frankie had a breakdown at panel when the judges questioned if she was really cut out for monstering. Frankie quit the competition in tears, and Ghoulia was spared. Until the next judgment, that is.

This week the ghouls posed as the seven deadly sins. The fashion: tight, sexy skirts. The set: a coffin about to be buried under the earth. The mood: dark and edgy. Unfortunately for the ghouls, one of them is about to be buried for real. Who’s come to the end of her monstering career? Only time will tell.

Clawdeen as Wrath:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty’s critique: Damn, girl, this is FIERCE! In reviewing your film, I wish the sword was turned more so the flat side faced out and you could see it better. You managed to hold it right for your best shot, though. There’s a bit of a glare in your eye, too, but overall, one of my favorites of the week.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique:  Absolutely dynamic. I feel like I’m about to be attacked any moment. However, I want to see your soft side. Can you be sweet and innocent, too? Or are you a one trick pony?

J. Jekyll’s critique:  On set, you delivered. You nailed it in three shots, and all were amazing. You came to set prepared and ready to convey wrath. It was clear that you had a plan. Personally, I love the glare in your eye. It's like you're a warrior about to slay an enemy and the sun is shining in your eyes, you don't give a damn! You're out to kill, girl!

Ghoulia as Sloth:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Your dead face is starting to catch up to you, but somehow it fits here. You look very sleepy, as if you’re just waking up. And you were ballsy enough to face the other direction that the rest of the ghouls.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: If there’s one face that Ghoulia can pull off, it’s ‘SLEEPY TIME!’ I could curl up and snooze just looking at you. I wish I had an awesome skeleton sleepy time t-shirt like yours.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, Ghoulia had an idea in mind for how to portray sloth, and she delivered on that. She sold that shirt, too! Nightmare Nigel already wants one!

Howleen as Gluttony:

Ty-Ty’s critique: You look amazing, but are you really embracing gluttony?

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: I agree. You needed to interact more with the candy. This is your weakest photo yet. I actually thought you were greed at first simply because of the gold and the way you were holding it. Still, you’re stunning here and nailed the face.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you gave me gorgeous face and limb placement, but you didn’t embrace the gluttony theme. I wanted to see you devouring that chocolate, and you didn’t. You didn’t even take a nibble.

Lagoona as Greed:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Pretty, but I want to see you be FIERCER like a monster. You’re too ethereal and serene here.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: You got an awesome sin, and all you have is a few purses? Where’s the bling bling, the fur? You look more like a pick pocket than a greedy ghoul.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, your energy was low, and that showed in your photo. However, you’ve been consistent up until now. Almost every week you’ve been in the top three. But the competition is getting tougher. This is NOT the time to go backwards.

Nefera as Pride:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Gorgeous face shot. You’re built for modeling, and definitely have “pride of self” down to a tee.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Great shot here, but I don’t quite she pride. Sometimes you photograph too serene, and I think you should’ve pushed it a bit more here. But otherwise you utilize a great S curve, and it’s a very beautiful photo.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you nailed it in one shot. Your body language, your face, your embodiment of pride – excellent.

Spectra as Envy:

Ty-Ty’s critique: I see envy here. Sometime in your pose speaks ‘jealous’. That being said, your face sets you behind here. Even if it seems more expressive than usual, you’re only lucky because it works with the theme.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: You’ve done better, just not better enough. Yes, envy was a difficult sin to represent, but we’ve seen this look on your face before.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you were confused. You didn’t have a plan as to how to portray your sin, and you didn’t know how to pose your body. And I agree with the other judges – you only have one facial expression. It’s not versatile.

Toralei as Lust:

Ty-Ty’s critique: I feel you captured your sin the best. You really have a ‘come hither’ look going on, thankfully without being too hussy. I wish you faced the other way in the coffin, but that’s a petty composition thing. You’re one of the ghouls I didn’t really notice at the beginning of the competition but you’re starting to show that you’re a model as the rounds go by.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: I think you’re just a smidge below Clawdeen's hammered home wrath.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, Toralei gave me lust, lust, and more lust. I agree with Ty-Ty here. As the weeks progress, Toralei just gets better and better. She has control of her body, sells the clothes, and does it effortlessly.

babystarz:
I predict Lagoona goes home this week :)

TexasGal:
I voted Howleen, simply because, while she is beautiful and really trying to embrace the sin of Gluttony, it just isn't coming across as gluttony...greed, more like, in my opinion.  But, Howleen just doesn't look fierce enough in her lust for the items she is hoarding.  Good effort though! 

Oh, and my Cleo says Spectra looks good rocking her dress and shoes.  =]

Twister Chaser:
I had to say Nefera. Her wardrobe is a bit odd, though I do understand as pride being a more difficult sin to pull off.

PandaBerryInSpace:
I voted Ghoulia out because I didn't like the picture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version