collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The confusing life cycle of a g1 pony  (Read 835 times)

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
The confusing life cycle of a g1 pony
« on: January 24, 2023, 06:28:38 PM »
I don't know if anyone other than me thinks about this that much but sence they made so many weird ponies in g1 if you overthink it a little too much things get really weird

So the newborn baby ponies are what ponies look like when they are newborn right? Then what are the tiny baby ponies are they ponies that were born smaller or is the name of the newborn ponies a lie? Just to add one more layer of confusion we have the surprise twins pony either baby ponies are born basically the size of puppies or these two are being born way too early.

That's only scratching the surface. What happens when a baby pony grows up but it's name is still baby (insert mom name) is that pony just stuck living in its moms shadow? Even in the show the regular baby ponies don't even act like babies they behave more like small children.

A regular pony is an adult right? No. The dream beauty ponies are supposed to be the grown up versions of the regular ponies and also the sweetheart sisters are supposed to be teen versions? So the ponies start small then get tall and skinny then get shorter and more chubby then they just grow huge?

I know I'm overthinking the colorful horses I just thought this would start an interesting conversation
long live chrysalis

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The confusing life cycle of a g1 pony
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 06:53:20 PM »
Newborn larva
Ponywog
Sweetheart Sister
Adult
Carves out back to cradle young once they reach Secret Surprise size to start the life cycle anew
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 08:13:30 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 07:07:59 PM »
yeah those surprise twins are way too small. i never thought about that before.

i always thought of Teeny Tiny ponies as their own thing. like miniature ponies. same with Sweetheart Sisters. i feel like i remember them being marketed as teenagers but maybe i'm imagining that.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 05:52:04 AM »
what about the mermaid baby ponies
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 07:26:51 AM »

tadpole stage of newborn ponies. :blink:

to me it's weird that they have front legs. i guess mermaids have arms but the blunt feet are a little weird to me. i don't have any though. maybe they're cute in person.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 08:12:49 AM »

Different Species. They don't  evolve into an adult form till 20 years later. Just like some pokemon.  :lol:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 08:25:00 AM »

Different Species. They don't  evolve into an adult form till 20 years later. Just like some pokemon.  :lol:

i like your theory better.

so something between sea ponies and land ponies?

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 12:28:49 PM »
The Surprise Twins are premature. That crib IMO should be an incubator.
Teeny tinies are the actual new borns, while the Newborns are more toddlers. And the Babies are deffo young children, with Dabble & Scribbles older. Then we have the adults.
Personally by adding G2s & G3s to the mix, that makes everything more balanced.
As for Fancy Mermaids, I put them as the result of Barnacle & Tug's sea-faring shenanigans
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Kitcatepic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 04:26:10 PM »

tadpole stage of newborn ponies. :blink:

to me it's weird that they have front legs. i guess mermaids have arms but the blunt feet are a little weird to me. i don't have any though. maybe they're cute in person.
Tadpole stage of teeny tiny ponies really if you look at them next to each other their faces are pretty much the same
long live chrysalis

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2023, 03:05:38 AM »
so something between sea ponies and land ponies?

Both. They have a fish tail in the water, and four legs out of the water. Like Madison, in the 80s movie Splash.

Offline TheClassCalico

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 09:32:15 PM »
The Surprise Twins are premature foals, Teeny Tinies and newborns are the same age, but Teeny Tinies are born naturally smaller. First Tooths and regular babies are the same age but at completely different stages of tooth growth (pony teeth finish growing at varying ages, but it tends to stop at their approproximate equivalent of eight, maximum).

Sweetheart Sisters are teenagers. Most ponies lose this frame upon adulthood, but some retain it (hence the pony bride/other tall adults).

I choose to either interpret the Dream Beauties as non-canon or separate from the other ponies, not being the same kinds of ponies as the others. Perhaps they are (non-pony) horses rather than ponies.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:41:50 PM by TheClassCalico »

Offline Kitcatepic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2023, 04:40:27 PM »
The Surprise Twins are premature foals, Teeny Tinies and newborns are the same age, but Teeny Tinies are born naturally smaller. First Tooths and regular babies are the same age but at completely different stages of tooth growth (pony teeth finish growing at varying ages, but it tends to stop at their approproximate equivalent of eight, maximum).

Sweetheart Sisters are teenagers. Most ponies lose this frame upon adulthood, but some retain it (hence the pony bride/other tall adults).

I choose to either interpret the Dream Beauties as non-canon or separate from the other ponies, not being the same kinds of ponies as the others. Perhaps they are (non-pony) horses rather than ponies.

The idea of normal horses with normal proportions existing in the same world as the ponies is kinda unsettling don't you think
long live chrysalis

Offline TheClassCalico

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2023, 05:05:20 PM »

The idea of normal horses with normal proportions existing in the same world as the ponies is kinda unsettling don't you think

The drastically different proportions do feel a little strange, but it still seems better in my mind than them instead being a life stage of ponies, they're way too different. Additionally, the G1 ponies look a little bit like Shetland ponies, so I suppose that we (sort of) have both in the real world, too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 05:10:50 PM by TheClassCalico »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2023, 06:03:15 PM »

No

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2023, 01:33:46 PM »

It's canon-ish... The G1 ep "Bright Lights" established that there are other types of ponies around, the Grayvalian ponies looked different to the Little Ponies. Don't see why regular horses couldn't be hanging around too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal