collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dedicated G2 thread V2.0!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dedicated G2 thread V2.0!
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2023, 02:26:36 PM »
I bought a G2 and she's on her way .... I don't know if I paid too much for her, but the only other one listed was super expensive ...  :drunk:

Nice! Do you have any idea which G2 they are?

Offline ponyproblem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2023, 05:31:35 PM »
One of my new G2 ponies, Princess Sapphire!
She was very dirty when she arrived, and after a spa day she is much cleaner. :lol: to my surprise her hair was in very good condition and her eye gems are still very bright.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A dusting of pink on her cheek and nose on this side of her face does not seem to come off with scrubbing, I thought I would try sun fading her, but now I enjoy that she looks like she has blush and a pink nose like she has been outside on a cold day. It fits with her wintery colours.  :)

I would love to see your pony when she arrives too lady frostbite.  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2023, 10:45:14 PM »
She was very dirty when she arrived, and after a spa day she is much cleaner. :lol: to my surprise her hair was in very good condition and her eye gems are still very bright.

A dusting of pink on her cheek and nose on this side of her face does not seem to come off with scrubbing, I thought I would try sun fading her, but now I enjoy that she looks like she has blush and a pink nose like she has been outside on a cold day. It fits with her wintery colours.  :)

Lovely
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 10:50:14 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Glistening Rainlight

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always looking for answers I never find.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2023, 08:58:31 AM »

Pretty! Congratulations!

Persona: Daylight Glisten | Avatar by me, siggy by LunaCat (Thank you! :heart:)
Art Commissions [ CLOSED ] | Wishlist | High-Priority Wishlist

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2023, 12:32:26 PM »
I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the post, I don't want to spoil until then but I'm still excited!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2023, 08:04:05 PM »
I haven't been keeping up with these G2 threads so sorry if this was discussed already, but it just occured to me the other day that last year was the 25th anniversary of G2! And then I was immediately saddened that there was no acknowledgement of it from Hasbro or anywhere else. :(
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Glistening Rainlight

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always looking for answers I never find.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2023, 03:42:37 AM »
I haven't been keeping up with these G2 threads so sorry if this was discussed already, but it just occured to me the other day that last year was the 25th anniversary of G2! And then I was immediately saddened that there was no acknowledgement of it from Hasbro or anywhere else. :(
Oh my gosh! I don't end up keeping up with the anniversaries of MLP myself even though it's always been such a big thing in my life, but I am both not surprised and similarly saddened by the lack of acknowledgement. But all that really means is that we need to throw our own party for it.

Persona: Daylight Glisten | Avatar by me, siggy by LunaCat (Thank you! :heart:)
Art Commissions [ CLOSED ] | Wishlist | High-Priority Wishlist

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2023, 11:04:08 AM »
My G2 is here!! Pics soon!!   :newpony:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline ponyproblem

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2023, 03:16:35 PM »
I wanted to share a G2 party invitation that I found!
I bought a G2 playset still in its box(Dainty dove's wedding chapel) and found this was inside too!  :lol:

Does anyone know if this invitation came with the boxed playsets? I do not remember them from my childhood (only the heart shaped folding promotional pamphlets that came with them.)
I have not seen the ponies drawn like this before, they look in between G1 and 2!
I also have the 1999 annual if anyone would like me to post photos of that too. 
It was a very nice surprise to find. You are all invited to my pony party!  :lol:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2023, 09:08:49 AM »

A crying shame :(  :stressed:

I bought a G2 playset still in its box(Dainty dove's wedding chapel) and found this was inside too!  :lol:

Does anyone know if this invitation came with the boxed playsets? I do not remember them from my childhood (only the heart shaped folding promotional pamphlets that came with them.)
I have not seen the ponies drawn like this before, they look in between G1 and 2!
It was a very nice surprise to find. You are all invited to my pony party!  :lol:

Oh, that is neat! I didn't have one in my childhood one. Maybe it's an UK thing?
I recently added inserts on this page with the same art style, also UK based
http://www.lavenderlagoon.com/booklets-and-inserts.html

Can I add it to my G2 website?  :blush:

Offline ponyproblem

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2023, 05:26:28 AM »
I bought a G2 playset still in its box(Dainty dove's wedding chapel) and found this

Oh, that is neat! I didn't have one in my childhood one. Maybe it's an UK thing?

It is so nice to see the new inserts there!
Yes you can, I have taken a clearer photo for you so it is easier to see. :)

Offline ponyproblem

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2023, 09:00:56 AM »
Here are the photos of my Dainty Dove Chapel set that the invitation card I posted came with. :) she came with the box in very nice condition. I have the box for my original Chapel playset from my childhood which I had to throw away because of damage. The box is torn a bit and I am not sure if I should keep it or cut out the card and throw away the rest. Does anyone think it would be better to hold on to the box?
Part of my Sweet Berry's Kitchen is also in my collection (I have not found the complete playset in storage yet) I also have the box for that one.

Bonus picture - I found my Princess Twinkle Star in storage and now I have the full 6 of the first princess ponies release! A lot of them need to be restored and I am really hoping I can find the combs and accessories that they should have in storage too! Only Silver Swirl is not my childhood ponies. I bought her to complete my set.  :lol:

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2023, 06:41:41 PM »

This style looks really interesting! I wonder whether the illustrator/s intentionally combined the styles or whether it was coincidental.

It definitely does appear to be related to the promotional UK inserts that were mentioned earlier, but sadly, I don't have any additional information.

Offline Kitcatepic

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2023, 03:53:40 PM »
Oh my gosh! I don't end up keeping up with the anniversaries of MLP myself even though it's always been such a big thing in my life, but I am both not surprised and similarly saddened by the lack of acknowledgement. But all that really means is that we need to throw our own party for it.

Hasbro seems to want to pretend that g2 never happened there was a g5 advertisement where it showed the logo of previous my little pony gens and it did not show g2 it just skipped from g1 to g3
long live chrysalis

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2023, 04:08:27 AM »
I bought a G2 playset still in its box(Dainty dove's wedding chapel) and found this

It is so nice to see the new inserts there!
Yes you can, I have taken a clearer photo for you so it is easier to see. :)

Thanks! I've added it to Dainty Dove's page and the booklets/ inserts page :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal