collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: An Idea for G5  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
An Idea for G5
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »
Seeing as how Equestria Girls seems to be taking over My Little Pony.  I thought of something Hasbro could do with G5.  Take My Little Pony in the same direction as Transformers...sort of.

The ponies backstory is they've come to Earth and have the ability to transform between their normal pony state and human disguises at will.  Transforming into humans robs them of their magic, but allows them to be out in public without being noticed.  They've come to Earth because their homeland has been destroyed and their enemy is pursuing them.  They lead a secret battle to protect their adopted home so it doesn't befall the same fate as their old home.

The pony and human dolls would be sold together.  There would also be additional outfits, accessories, and playsets like an MLP generation.  I was thinking the ponies' enemy could be harpies and could be sold as toys as well.

What do you people think.  I'm thinking human versions of ponies are here to stay, so they might as well do it right.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: An Idea for G5
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:41 AM »
I personally like them being kept as separate as possible, and my hope for G5 is that it will be more toy orientated again, rather than focusing more on the show. Like a modern G1. I don't want EQG or anything like them to become the "new gen" because they're not My Little PONY, they're a doll and they should be branded under Equestria Girls. Who knows what they'll actually do - I hear what you're saying but I really hope the dolls are kept more separate from the pony toyline.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »
Sure! I like the idea!  Especially since Hasbro is so committed to the human verions, why not join them!  Cool.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »
I'm ok wit this as long as the dolls  could have at least knee, elbow articulation and no molded or painted on  clothes  >_<

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
I personally like them being kept as separate as possible, and my hope for G5 is that it will be more toy orientated again, rather than focusing more on the show. Like a modern G1. I don't want EQG or anything like them to become the "new gen" because they're not My Little PONY, they're a doll and they should be branded under Equestria Girls. Who knows what they'll actually do - I hear what you're saying but I really hope the dolls are kept more separate from the pony toyline.
I would like to see a generation similar to G1 as well.  However, looking at what's happening this year, human dolls are becoming a thing in the brand with whole bunch of them coming out compared to three new ponies two of them coming with the dolls.  If human dolls like Equestria Girls become a part of the brand, then they should have the human and pony versions presented as one character.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 10:56:24 AM »
I would like to see a generation similar to G1 as well.  However, looking at what's happening this year, human dolls are becoming a thing in the brand with whole bunch of them coming out compared to three new ponies two of them coming with the dolls.  If human dolls like Equestria Girls become a part of the brand, then they should have the human and pony versions presented as one character.

I get what you're saying, but have you seen how much they charge for those sets? I cannot imagine spending £20 for each set just to get the pony xD

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
I knew they were expensive, but I didn't realize they were that expensive.  Though, Hasbro seems to be really overcharging Equestria Girls in general.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
Yeah, a plain single is £13, I think somewhere nearer £7 would be more reasonable!

Vulpy

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
Oh wow, I would actually love that. XD

I might do fanart based on this idea, if you don't mind. :3

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 11:29:15 AM »
Oh wow, I would actually love that. XD

I might do fanart based on this idea, if you don't mind. :3
Be my guest.

Offline Magdalen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 11:40:41 AM »
I would like to see ponies that look more pony like.  I'm ok with dolls if they do a better job with them.  I am a doll collecter and so far EGs has done nothing for me.  I don't like the molded clothes.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 01:54:35 PM »
I would like to see ponies that look more pony like.  I'm ok with dolls if they do a better job with them.  I am a doll collecter and so far EGs has done nothing for me.  I don't like the molded clothes.
I am with you on that one, it took me a few years to G4 ponies a go. Thought they looked like deer :(

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
I am with you on that one, it took me a few years to G4 ponies a go. Thought they looked like deer :(
I'm so with you guys. I just can't really get into these g4 toys. They kinda look like the donkey fakies (aliens). And they really don't look like the characters from the show. That's the biggest off put for me.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »
That seems like sort of a dark premise for what started as a very wholesome, very positive toy line all those years ago.  Part of what I love about MLP is the innocence and purity that they represented when I was a kid, and honestly, I feel as though those traits have been lost along the way. 

As far as selling the dolls and ponies together, I think it is a terrible idea.  Not only would that make it so that they'd have to charge more per set (so fewer parents would likely buy them), there also seems to be an increasingly large number of collectors who are resistant to the idea of buying dolls instead of (My Little) PONIES (so fewer collectors would likely buy them).  In my inexpert opinion, G4 seems to be planning on running the two toys together, anyway, and I don't think a new generation would come up just from making that the norm. 

I agree with those that say they wish a G5 line would be more akin to G1s, but I'm not sure if that's something that will happen.  Hasbro seems pretty sold on the direction they're going for now.

Offline Saphraira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Shoo be doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »
As long as they don't do anything like that scene where all the normal transformers got sucked up and eaten by the big transformer that would probably work ok.
Looking for Surprise twins mommy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal