collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gen 5 news announced- setting sail for 2021 and new cast!  (Read 8760 times)

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 5 news announced- setting sail for 2021 and new cast!
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2020, 12:30:56 PM »
This article says that the movie will have "different pony characters":
https://kidscreen.com/2020/10/09/eone-takes-the-reins-on-hasbros-content-efforts/
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2020, 12:50:27 PM »
If PL is the transition point and a stepping stone between one and the other, then we might be looking at more slice of life/comedy in the new series.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2020, 12:00:07 AM »
My current fear, and maybe my biggest at the moment, is the ponies having terrible names. :( Take the new "collector ponies" or whatever you want to call them for example, Lite Brite and the DnD ponies, etc. None of these names are good. There all on the godawful end of the spectrum. They actually make me irrationally angry. It lacks any creativity. "Uh oh guys, we have some new pony characters, what do we name them? I got it, Pinkmane! And Hearthoof! Jelly Mare!" Pull the first word out of a hat and then choose a horse-related word for the second half. No thought or effort required! -_-

I don't think Hasbro would do this for their next main cast but if they do... I'll start the riot!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2020, 05:53:08 AM »
My current fear, and maybe my biggest at the moment, is the ponies having terrible names. :( Take the new "collector ponies" or whatever you want to call them for example, Lite Brite and the DnD ponies, etc. None of these names are good. There all on the godawful end of the spectrum. They actually make me irrationally angry. It lacks any creativity. "Uh oh guys, we have some new pony characters, what do we name them? I got it, Pinkmane! And Hearthoof! Jelly Mare!" Pull the first word out of a hat and then choose a horse-related word for the second half. No thought or effort required! -_-

I don't think Hasbro would do this for their next main cast but if they do... I'll start the riot!

Yeah that wouldn't be fun.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2020, 05:56:10 AM »

They did use Pinkie Pie. In two generations. That name irritated me from G3 and they kept it >< There are a lot of annoying names in G3, honestly, but...yeah, I wouldn't rule out a new cast pony with a silly name.

Let's not forget that they got away with Tink-a-Tink-a-Too already.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2020, 06:22:01 AM »

They did use Pinkie Pie. In two generations. That name irritated me from G3 and they kept it >< There are a lot of annoying names in G3, honestly, but...yeah, I wouldn't rule out a new cast pony with a silly name.

Let's not forget that they got away with Tink-a-Tink-a-Too already.

At least it can't allude to other things like Pillow Talk, Night Cap and Munchy.  :lol:

Yeah Tink's full name is pretty silly. I never liked Pinkie Pie's name either, or  Pearly Pie's for that matter. Like, what even are those? And Bright Brightly's name is redundant and sounds bad. Not to mention Blushie and Pink Sunsparkle.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 06:27:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2020, 06:25:21 AM »
True. Adding Kiss & Tell, Pink Dreams and Crumpet to that list.

Also the infamous Kiwi Tart.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2020, 06:26:50 AM »

Lol.

Post Merge: October 10, 2020, 07:42:55 AM

2 of the DnD ponies have nice names. I like Woodheart and Star Shadow. Mystaria is a bit clunky,  but no more so, then Peri Winkle or Sunny Daze.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:51:07 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »

Lol.

Post Merge: October 10, 2020, 07:42:55 AM

2 of the DnD ponies have nice names. I like Woodheart and Star Shadow. Mystaria is a bit clunky,  but no more so, then Peri Winkle or Sunny Daze.

Wasn’t Mystaria also the name of a DnD region or game?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2020, 08:54:49 AM »
!!!  Nice catch!  I googled it and it was called Mystara, but I do think her name is a deliberate reference, it's so close!

I like all the D&D pony names, "Valor Stronghoof" isn't even a pun, really, it's just a pony version of a quintessential Barbarian last name like "Strongjaw".

To me the worst name situation is if they just called them "Katie" and "Billie" like that one G1 set.  "And here are the new characters: Sally, Joan, Margaret, and Bob."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:59:57 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »
Meh, I'd rather take Billie and Katie over some of the worst G4 blind bag names. I don't mind the occasional human name, or the occasional Tink-a-Tink-a-Too, but some of the later G4 names were a whole new low -_- Dane Tee Dove anyone? (If it was "Dainty" I wouldn't care, but why the stupid spelling?)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2020, 09:24:26 AM »
Isn't there a G2 Pony named Dainty Dove?

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2020, 09:29:09 AM »
I was just thinking that if the new movie is supposed to have both the new and the old main characters, then won't the style for the new characters have to be similar to G4? It seems really strange that they'd introduce a brand new style right after having a G4ish movie. But even if the new movie is in a different style, why bother having G4 ponies that won't look the same in there?

I'm so confused about what Hasbro is trying to do.  :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2020, 09:31:01 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal