collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Supporting original artists and creators  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Supporting original artists and creators
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 09:03:43 AM »
I'd love to do this more! I buy or commission art pieces occasionally, but I would love to support fellow artists more often.

The adoptable in my sig was a commission through deviantART but I did not know the artist beforehand, I just happened to spot these adorable adopties. I sometimes buy ACEOs (which are basically the same thing as Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) but can be sold/auctioned off) and, of course, custom ponies. But I'd like to branch out and buy non-pony things and original art more frequently! Prints are a little tough because one can only have so much wall space, so tote bags and other items are what I usually look for. Last Christmas I ordered a calendar by Loish for my little sister, I was so happy with that purchase. ^^ I've been eyeing stuff by a Finnish illustrator Ulla Thynell, I really love her style.

Taxel, you're so lucky to own a Magweno doll! I love those! I didn't know she retired but now that you mention it, I haven't heard from her in quite a while. So many artists leave DA, too, even if they are still active. I don't really use other platforms in addition to Facebook and DA...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Supporting original artists and creators
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2019, 02:43:46 AM »
Taxel, you're so lucky to own a Magweno doll! I love those! I didn't know she retired but now that you mention it, I haven't heard from her in quite a while. So many artists leave DA, too, even if they are still active. I don't really use other platforms in addition to Facebook and DA...

I cherish him so much! I followed Magweno on Tumblr and that last Halloween release was a disaster. A lot was going on in her real life that the quality of the dolls suffered and shipping was slow. It looks like she did a release in mid 2017 but as far as I know she only sells locally now, if at all. Her Tumblr and Instagram haven't been updated since October 2017... its so sad. She was one of my favorite artists for years.

vonborowsky is another doll maker I love that still posts. I had a chance to play with one of her dolls once and it was so cool. I really hope I can get one of my own one day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal