collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Plushie Swap! All done! :)  (Read 17351 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Huh, I can't get the info to come up either, karma. 

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
Royal mail. It looks super confusing, I know. So When it comes up with Item from canada, and asks you to "try again" ignore that and instead click "Full tracking details." It comes us with this info:
Full tracking details
Close
Date   Time   Status   Track point
24/03/15   05:29   DESPATCHABLE TOLEOMINSTER PDO   BIRMINGHAM MAIL CENTRE
24/03/15   05:22   RECEIVED ATBIRMINGHAM MAIL CENTRE   BIRMINGHAM MAIL CENTRE
22/03/15   08:40   DESPATCHABLE TOBIRMINGHAM MAIL CENTRE   HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Oh ok, I see it now!  So it looks like Angelberries would need to go to the PO itself to collect the package?

Offline Angelberries

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://angelberries.deviantart.com/
OK got it. I was viewing the mobile version of the site, had  to switch to 'desktop' version. Anyway, the info is the same for me. To me, it looks like it  says its despatchable to Leominster, but still in Birmingham. But that was days ago. It may have been dispatched but not updated. Luckily I also found the opening hours on the desktop version, and its open tomorrow morning, so I'll phone.

Post Merge: April 04, 2015, 02:58:20 AM

OK  just phoned, its waiting in Leominster with a surcharge of £11. Apparently a card was sent out to me on the 24th telling me about it, but I didn't get anything. Luckily we are all on the ball! xxx
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:58:20 AM by Angelberries »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Angelberries Plushies! Find me at my Deviantart - http://angelberries.deviantart.com/

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
So it IS there, that's good! I'm so sorry you have to pay customs. :( I dunno what I could have done to avoid that, I thought I filled everything out...

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
So it IS there, that's good! I'm so sorry you have to pay customs. :( I dunno what I could have done to avoid that, I thought I filled everything out...
you probably stated too high of a value

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

You needed to have not marked its value.  I know if you had sold the plush to Angelberries you would have (and should have!) marked it that high but this was a gift, not a purchase.  I'm going to PM both of you. 

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
Unfortunately, my Canada Post won't allow it to be shipped without a value. They are extremely strict about how things can be mailed. Everything has to be filled out a certain way, and you can't use stickers or colored paper or anything.

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
And that's fine, but why didn't you put the value at, say, $10? 

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile

I don't know about anyone else, but if something goes wrong and the parcel is lost, I want to be able to claim for at least the cost of the fabric and if I put a value of $10 on it, that's all I could get.  FYI, Skeen, the postal person filled in the value for me so I don't know what was put on.  They usually just ask if I need more than $100 coverage and when I say no they might put that down as the value.  I forgot about the possibility of my recipient having to pay customs and I hope you didn't have to.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I should have said "$10 or whatever for materials cost."  Just the cost of materials alone isn't likely to be high enough to impose a fee. 

For the record, no, I didn't have to pay any fees and I don't know what the package value was, as I was too interested in opening it.  :)

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca

I don't know about anyone else, but if something goes wrong and the parcel is lost, I want to be able to claim for at least the cost of the fabric and if I put a value of $10 on it, that's all I could get.  FYI, Skeen, the postal person filled in the value for me so I don't know what was put on.  They usually just ask if I need more than $100 coverage and when I say no they might put that down as the value.  I forgot about the possibility of my recipient having to pay customs and I hope you didn't have to.

^ This right here. I claimed what the package was worth, because if the parcel was lost, I wasn't about to be out the money for it. I had already paid closing in on $60 in shipping to ensure it's safe arrival with tracking and insurance, how is it getting caught in customs *my* fault? I have no control over another countries postal service, and to be blunt, I've mailed many international parcels (since I run a business, and am very active in Redditgifts, DA, Tumblr, etc) and it is RARE that one gets a customs fee when it's marked gift. This one just happened to be an unlucky pick of the draw I'm afraid.  Highly doubtful that marking it $10 would have made any difference, it's just a risk that international shipping takes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:00:22 PM by Tilas »

Offline Angelberries

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
It was just a bit over the amount thats 'safe' for UK import, which is currently £36. The fee I have to pay is £8/9 handling fee, and the rest is import duty on the item. If I tried to counter claim by saying its a handmade gift I would only get the import fee, not the handling fee back.

Having it sent tracked is a red flag to them as well, but at the end of the day, all the messing about for a mere £2 is really rude of them. Its something being in the UK I have to deal with.

I want to go and pick it up ASAP but this week I'm super short on money. Have to see what I can do, hope they keep it for me!

(And the guy on the phone was so short with me. like he said 'I remember writing and dating your card myself, It was sent to you' and I was saying I didn't recieve it, and he was adamant he sent it, doesn't mean it was delivered though! !!)

Angelberries Plushies! Find me at my Deviantart - http://angelberries.deviantart.com/

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
Sad thing is, if I didn't have it tracked it probably would never has reached you. Non tracked items have a nasty habit of getting stolen. >_> I never send an international box without tracking, even if it's just to the USA.

Offline Angelberries

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Well, its done now. I will have to see when I can go and free the poor thing! I'm dying to see it.... did you take photos by any chance, Tilas? ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal