collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Charmer Annual Christmas Song Comp! (Sign-ups closed)  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
Charmer Annual Christmas Song Comp! (Sign-ups closed)
« on: November 01, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »
Hello all!

It's that time of year again. I normally put on a 12 Days of Christmas comp, but this year I though I'd make it more general.

The aim of the game is to pick a Christmas song of your choice (eg: White Christmas), and once sign-ups close, you need to draw a ponified version of your carol as a picture. The only rules are as follows:

1. The picture must include mlp's. They can be real or you can make up your own.
2. You can use any format for the drawing, PC, hand drawn, colour or black and white, you choose.
3. Once your pic is complete you must PM it to me no later than Sat 20th December!
4. When all pic are submitted, I will post them up here for a public vote which will decide the winner. The will be a prize awarded but it has yet to be decided upon as to what. Most likely pony goodies.
5. NO posting your pics anywhere else online until after the comp. The must all be seen for the first time during voting/
6. Keep the songs you pic ones that are about the good parts of Christmas. No songs mocking it please.

First off, the dead line for joining this is Sat 22nd Nov! If you wish do enter, just leave a PM on this post stating which carol you'd like to try and draw. You may pick one which has already been picked, although if you can, try to select a new one as it's more interesting if we have variety.

To those who join up, have fun!

Participants!

1. Ponyqueen - Nutcracker
2. Ponygirl74 - Little Drummer Boy
3. Rosierjay - Joy to the World
4. Hannah66665 - Let it Snow
5. TwistedRiver - Twas the Night Before Christmas
6. Archidraca - Carol of the Bells
7. TornadoTwist - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
8. Marlin - Jingle Bells
9. Karma - We Three Kings
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:04:11 AM by Charmer »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Charmer Annual Christmas Carol Comp! (Sign-ups close 22nd Nov)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:30:42 PM »
I can tell myself now I'm going to skip this one, but it's a distinct probability that I will decide to join on Nov 22nd. :P Looking at a list of carols now...

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
Hello all!

It's that time of year again. I normally put on a 12 Days of Christmas comp, but this year I though I'd make it more general.

The aim of the game is to pick a Christmas Carol of your choice, and once sign-ups close, you need to draw a ponified version of your carol as a picture. The only rules are as follows:

1. The picture must include mlp's. They can be real or you can make up your own.
2. You can use any format for the drawing, PC, hand drawn, colour or black and white, you choose.
3. Once your pic is complete you must PM it to me no later than Sat 20th December!
4. When all pic are submitted, I will post them up here for a public vote which will decide the winner. The will be a prize awarded but it has yet to be decided upon as to what. Most likely pony goodies.
5. NO posting your pics anywhere else online until after the comp. The must all be seen for the first time during voting/

First off, the dead line for joining this is Sat 22nd Nov! If you wish do enter, just leave a PM on this post stating which carol you'd like to try and draw. You may pick one which has already been picked, although if you can, try to select a new one as it's more interesting if we have variety.

Traditional Christmas carols or can I use the 12 Pains of Christmas spoof?   

Offline Charmer

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 02:50:45 AM »
Hello all!

The aim of the game is to pick a Christmas Carol of your choice, and once sign-ups close, you need to draw a ponified version of your carol as a picture. The only rules are as follows:

I was hoping to have this as a celebration of good things about Christmas rather than being jokey about it if that's ok. I don't mind less traditional ones as such but if you could maybe find one that's funny and happy at the same time I'd prefer that.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 02:51:51 AM »
This contest is always so much fun! I've never participated myself but I love seeing the entries every year. I wonder if I have the time to join this year... definitely considering it! :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 06:52:03 AM »
Can I do a scene from the Nutcracker? Not necessarily a "carol", but most def Christmas music. I'd like to paint "Clara and the Nutcracker".

ponygirl74

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 07:37:59 AM »
Hello all!

I was hoping to have this as a celebration of good things about Christmas rather than being jokey about it if that's ok. I don't mind less traditional ones as such but if you could maybe find one that's funny and happy at the same time I'd prefer that.
Understood, I'll see what Christmas Carol can use.

Offline Charmer

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »
Can I do a scene from the Nutcracker? Not necessarily a "carol", but most def Christmas music. I'd like to paint "Clara and the Nutcracker".

Yes, that sounds ok. It's just ones mocking Christmas or saying how bad it is that I want to steer away from. I'll add you on now.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 01:04:03 PM »
It's always so lovely seeing the entries! I might consider it... but I have a lot on my plate at the moment so will have to have a little think about it :)

ponygirl74

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »
I'll use Little Drummer Boy  :).  I like that  Christmas Carol, especially the one with Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth.

Offline Charmer

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 01:29:21 AM »
 :bump: :bump: :bump:

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 03:36:40 AM »
Started sketching yesterday!

Offline Charmer

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 11:50:44 AM »
A couple of weeks left if you want to join in this comp. Sign up soon if you don't want to miss out :-)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
is 'Joy to the World' still available?
this is my favorite song of all time.
have an idea, that will be fun, but still honors the season.
i hope.  :)

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
Do you think I could join with "Let it Snow" ?  :)

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal