collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: how do I keep it from dieing completely?  (Read 385 times)

gothtini

• Trade Count: (0)
how do I keep it from dieing completely?
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »
I am apart of a gaming forum and it hasn't had any activity in forever. I want to get activity back to it, I really like it there the staff is really nice. However I have never really tried promoting forums or getting members to a forum.

Any tips to keep a gaming forum from dying?

Offline appletini

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: how do I keep it from dieing completely?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 11:53:20 PM »
I am apart of a gaming forum and it hasn't had any activity in forever. I want to get activity back to it, I really like it there the staff is really nice. However I have never really tried promoting forums or getting members to a forum.

Any tips to keep a gaming forum from dying?

lol that's a tricky question. Gamers are very fickle and their attention tends to drift fast from one thing to the other, (at least me and my friends were when I was heavily into games) and it's hard to revive a near dead/dead forum if only because of the "been there done that" attitude that people get when seeing a dying forum, whether they were apart of it or not. Also a lot of Gamers, and probably forumites in general, tend to think that if a forum died off, it did for a reason and that can give people negative thoughts right off the bat.

I guess your best bet would be to start a bunch of modernized discussions on recent games. That was always the biggest thing for the group I hung out with. No one wants to read or discuss games from even six months ago, unless they were absolutely incredible or their favorite game of all time or the site is specified to older games. The biggest thing for revival I would have to say would be keep it up to date and modern.  If the site deals with all different systems (xbox/playstation/etc) this can be hard lol

The best tips I can offer for bringing a little life back would be to add

1. Discussion of modern games.

2. Discussion of favorite genre of gaming/game of all time.

3. Gaming companies; which ones are doing it right and which ones aren't?

4. What do you want to see in/from future games/genres/companies?

5. cheats/glitches found in games.

Hope this helps some. I'm not the heavy gamer I once was, but these were the hot topics back then and they never seem to go out of style. And don't beat yourself up to much about it, sometimes forums just die and there isn't anything that can be done. It sucks, a lot, especially when you love the site, but sometimes it's just the end for that forum.

As for bringing members in, I can't help you there. I would suggest going to other very big sites or popular gaming sites and posting a little ad there, but again I'm not really that good at that type of thing either.  :blush:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:01:28 AM by appletini »

gothtini

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:17:45 AM »
Alright thank you for the help ^^ I am trying to get in contact with the owner (his PM box is full so I gotta get ahold of him a different way to get him to clear it out so we can talk) lol and I'm hoping to get him to take out a small section of the forum because it never got any attention. After that I'm going to go post crazy in there and try to drag a friend or two in with me so its not just me lol. I'll keep these topics in mind when doing the thread creating thankies! ^^

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
Would agree with the rectenstuff.  Maybe bring up a poll to see exactly what everyone is into right now?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

gothtini

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »
A poll would do no good the only ones coming is me and a couple other staff  >_<

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »
I didn't realize there was a gaming forum, or is it somewhere else in cyberspace? I would talk in it if it were here at the arena. I already talk on MTS site, it would be nice to be here talking games with my fellow pony friends.

gothtini

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »
No this is a forum, not apart of another forum, its a site of its own with a community of its own.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
I'm not really sure. Advertising may help.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »
Find some way of promoting yourself, and have some interesting topics going on for people to comment on when they get there.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal