collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP fair pony?  (Read 7730 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: MLP fair pony?
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:04 PM »
What were all of the fair ponies over the year's past? 

Check Strawberry Reef's Rare G3 page:
http://strawberryreef.com/Topics/rare.html

We had NINE years of MLP Fair Exclusives.  In 2007, Hasbro started SDCC Exclusive ponies.  There are FIVE Comic-Con exclusives that are different from the Fair's exclusives.   For five years, Hasbro gave collectors BOTH a Fair pony and a SDCC pony... 

It may be apparent as to why many of us collectors went a little "wacky" over having the Fair exclusive be the exact same release as the SDCC Exclusive.  It ended the tradition that Hasbro established over the previous half-decade! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »
So it looks like the prior Fair Exclusives were G3s-  and they tend to look a bit like what Hasbro was producing at that time?  It seems unlikely then that they will go back to making G3s now that they are making G4s, doesn't it?  (Although they did skip G3.5)

I really do hope they make a MLP Fair exclusive that is unique to the MLP Fair-  it is sad they didn't do that last year- 

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
At the fair in 2010, Hasbro reps said they would keep the G3 mould because collectors like it more.

I guess now in Hasbro's eyes we're all bronies, so it doesn't matter they broke that promise. I don't think anyone expects them to go back, but it would be nice if they realised that collector =/= brony. 

I don't have a problem with brony specific exclusives, comic con is a great place for that, and they could also do one for BroNYcon.  Or something.  But the fair is about more than bronies, and I feel the exclusive should reflect that.  Oh wells...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2012, 02:54:46 PM »
I understand the argument that its unlikely [despite the promise] that HB will go back to G3 moulds but that being said it would have been nice if they at least continued the theme of the previous Fair and Comic Con ponies...which were never [bar one Pinkie Pie] previously character or show based.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »
Maybe they are thinking they no longer want to do an exclusive for the MLP Fair - given how many MLP conventions there are now?  Just speculating...

It would be nice to hear from Hasbro on the issue.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2012, 04:43:10 PM »
I can understand that they want to keep up with the current generation and therefor won't use the G3 mold, but the new FS G4 mold instead.

That being said I do hope they decide to do something lovely of it instead of just another background pony from the show. I want a piece of artwork like the previous Fair Ponies were.

If they absolutely have to do another show based pony I say give it to the CC. Keep the MLP Fair and it's exclusive pony - that has been around waaaay before FiM - about the MLP's as a whole, not just the new show.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »
Maybe they are thinking they no longer want to do an exclusive for the MLP Fair - given how many MLP conventions there are now?  Just speculating...

Wow :( I hope not. I don't normally take sides on this but I would think that could only be described as seriously disappointing and a bit of a disrespectful kick in the teeth to the collecting community who have been showing loyalty and interest and love for the MLP brand for decades not just a year. The Fair is an official event and there is a direct interaction with Hasbro, the same cannot be said for the brony events.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »

Wow :( I hope not. I don't normally take sides on this but I would think that could only be described as seriously disappointing and a bit of a disrespectful kick in the teeth to the collecting community who have been showing loyalty and interest and love for the MLP brand for decades not just a year. The Fair is an official event and there is a direct interaction with Hasbro, the same cannot be said for the brony events.

I agree, but it would surprise me.  They were pretty disrespectful of this community last year with both the removal of a true exclusive from the fair, and then the no exclusive at all for ponycon.  They cater for bronies with officially released merchandise and toys in a way they've never done for the pre-brony collectors, and BroNYcon had more than twice as many people go then the Fair, so I can totally see them switching the exclusive to that event. 

I really hope it doesn't happen, and part of me thinks it wont.  But like I said, at this stage it wouldn't surprise me.  It makes me sad, because when most bronys have moved on, the collectors will still be here buying their toys.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »
I would love another background FiM pony for the fair/sdcc this year.
This will be my first year attending the MLP fair and I'm going because I love collecting g4. I'd be disappointed if they reverted back to a g3 style pony now. I'm not really a fan of art ponies either.
It's MLP's 30th anniversary next year and the 10th MLP fair. I'm thinking whatever they do should be pretty special! Actually it'd be super cool if they made a FS g4 based on a g1 to commemorate it. I think a lot of people would be happy with that.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »
The fact that it is the 30th anniversay of My Little Pony (as a whole) and the 10th anniversy of the fair (which celebrates ponies as a whole) is one of the main reasons I think it shouldn't be a background FiM character. That is so specific to one certain part of the whole pony experience. I think the fair pony should be a celebrations of all things pony, not just FiM

I agree that one of the original ponies made into a G4 style would be a beautiful and fun way to really capture the whole spirit of ponies from the oldest to the most recent.

Offline appletini

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2012, 01:03:16 PM »
Sorry to hijack the thread and pull it off topic for a second, but when is the next mlp fair?  :blush:

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
Sorry to hijack the thread and pull it off topic for a second, but when is the next mlp fair?  :blush:

July 6th and 7th in Indianapolis, Indiana.  :)

Offline appletini

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2012, 01:08:55 PM »
July 6th and 7th in Indianapolis, Indiana.  :)

Thanks  :biggrin:

Getting back on subject, I do think it would be great if the fair got an upcycle of an older gen pony, I know more than a few people who would love for a G4 Minty.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »
Since it is the 30th anniversary-

I know most people around here love the G3s the most-  but I personally would love a G1 mold release- a high quality re-release- or even.... a SET! (I know, unlikely!)

For sure something really really awesome is in order :D

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
Since it is the 30th anniversary-

I know most people around here love the G3s the most-  but I personally would love a G1 mold release- a high quality re-release- or even.... a SET! (I know, unlikely!)

For sure something really really awesome is in order :D

I would cry tears of joy if they did a G1 Fair Pony. I'm not a fan of the G3s so I would prefer a G1 or a G4, but if it's a pretty art G3, I'll take it. I do like the colors of some of them! :D
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal