collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 Mini Plushies of Twilight, PP, and RD at Target- Pics!  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
I found these minies a few days ago at the Harker Hieghts, TX Target for $5 each.  They are about 6 inches tall.  They are the only 3 characters they had.  I want a Fluttershy.  Maybe they will make the other main 3 in the next wave.  Of course it would be nice if they made some that arn't the main 6!

Has anyone else seen these?  Even internationally?  I didn't even know they existed until I saw them at the store.  They were quite a surprise!

I'm rather disapointed with Rainbow Dash's hair.  It's is missing red and green so it doesn't look quite like a rainbow and I'm not quite sure I like her wings.  They are made of a soft, stiff kind of foam board, with plush on either side.  And they don't stand up to well.  But at least they are only $5.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:12:01 AM by Gypsy_Nights »
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New G4 Mini Plushies of Twilight, PP, and RD at Target- Pics!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:23:31 AM »
Hasbro seems to struggle with plushies. :(

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:33:59 AM »
Yeah, It's funny I was looking on them to see if they said Target Exclusive on the tags any where and instead found that they are made in Vietnam!  And by Funrise Toy Corporation.  Surprising to see that they weren't made in China or Hong Kong

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »
I picked up Twilight Sparkle since I thought she was the cutest.  I don't know why they insist of giving RD the "softer" eyes, almost like Fluttershy, and I didn't like Pinkie's mane at all.
They are better than the first G4 plush they did, though!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:49:52 AM »
I think they are pretty cute and a good deal for 5 dollars.
Needs more Rarity/Luna/Cadance though. XP

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »
I got a rd and twilight for me and pinkie for my daughter. I sure do hope they make Fluttershy and Applejack eventually.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:20 PM »
There have been quite a few threads on these girls since they turned up...but they to look adorable and I so hope they make it over here :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
I've seen a bunch on Ebay, but not in any stores yet here in Sweden. Didn't expect that either though to be honest :P

They look abit silly to me. But I still want that Pinkie Pie xD
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

mimitchi33

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
I didn't see any when I went there today, but my Mom is not letting me buy toys after an incident with the Tamagotchi Melody Charm, because it played a "baby song". I wouldn't have brought it if the description told us beforehand, but that's what you get!
Anyways, these look like they also not only could appear at Target, but in places with crane games like Dave and Buster's which also sell them to you with your tickets.

Stroggos

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
I would have thought Hasbro would put more effort into Getting It Right before sending things to be mass produced by the thousands.

Those girls are cute and all, but those plushies are still left in the dust by ones stitched together by fan hobbyists who work full time day jobs.. pretty shocking, all in all.

If the plushies genuinely captured the shape and style of the ponies and were big enough to hold and hug, I would definitely be first in line to buy.. but these are too small, odd hair, and the proportions are off..

Hasbro's faux pas after faux pas on this front is actually upsetting for me now, they offered me a product with the implicit promise that they would respect my emotional investment, but then they make lazy stuff like this.  :cloud:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
I would have thought Hasbro would put more effort into Getting It Right before sending things to be mass produced by the thousands.

Those girls are cute and all, but those plushies are still left in the dust by ones stitched together by fan hobbyists who work full time day jobs.. pretty shocking, all in all.

If the plushies genuinely captured the shape and style of the ponies and were big enough to hold and hug, I would definitely be first in line to buy.. but these are too small, odd hair, and the proportions are off..

Hasbro's faux pas after faux pas on this front is actually upsetting for me now, they offered me a product with the implicit promise that they would respect my emotional investment, but then they make lazy stuff like this.  :cloud:

Yes but I think you have to remember who HBs core target market for these plushes are. Parents [and responsible others] are probably not going to drop large amounts of money on incredibly well done and intricate plush toys when the child they are for may grow fed up with the line reasonably fast.

I do agree that a little larger would have been nice - but at least at $5 each and the size of an FS, if HB decided to create a whole range I could afford lots of them :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Stroggos

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
Speaking of which..

[img2]http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/14/06/14067894_120607183000.jpg[/img2]

http://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-cadence-animated-plush/-/A-14067894

:blink:

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 01:31:32 AM »
There have been quite a few threads on these girls since they turned up...but they to look adorable and I so hope they make it over here :)

Maybe they are seeing how they sell first.  They didn't last long at all at the store I found them in.  I saw them on a Friday and the entire box was there.  I spent so much on all the other new ponies I was buying I decided I'd wait on them, since I didn't even know if I wanted to start collecting plush too.  Went back to the store on Saturday and there were only 5 left!  So I got all 3 since I didn't want to miss out on something that might turn out to be really hard to find.  So only a RD and PP got left behind.  Like Evening_Moonstone, someone must have thought Twilight was the cutest too!    ^.^

gargoylekitty

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:35 AM »
Got all three yesterday, hit the store just after they'd finished setting up the pony aisle! :D 

Twilight is the absolute cutest, can't get over her little face. Though really hope they make a Rarity, she'd be my plushie grail.

Phekzhen

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 03:57:25 AM »
They're not made by Hasbro, they're licensed and made by someone else.

They're also going to make a Fluttershy later and 10" plushies as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal