collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78398 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1380 on: July 13, 2022, 04:53:26 AM »
My sinus' feel like they're stuffed with rotten cheese  :drunk: I have bad sinus drainage and it's in the family, so I think COVID-19 got in there and got trapped. It's too hot to really do steam things, I'll have a bath later when it's cooler and hopefully that will get the gunk moving again
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 13, 2022, 06:22:39 AM »
HEAT WAVE again... ugh... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1382 on: July 13, 2022, 06:38:49 AM »
My sinus' feel like they're stuffed with rotten cheese  :drunk: I have bad sinus drainage and it's in the family, so I think COVID-19 got in there and got trapped. It's too hot to really do steam things, I'll have a bath later when it's cooler and hopefully that will get the gunk moving again

Try a sinus rinse? I have a deviated septum and bad allergies and started doing saline rinses years ago. They help so much. If you've never done it before it can take some practice to hold your head the correct way and it will probably burn a bit. Also, when you first start you'll have more mucus for a couple of days but that's just a defense reaction, If you keep doing it that will go away and so will the burning. I do two rinses a day unless I am having a bad allergy attack, then I do it every hour or so until everything is clear.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 13, 2022, 07:11:46 AM »
Why are there so many grasshoppers?  Where are those fabled seagulls when you need them?  Though if the seagulls did show up to eat the grasshoppers we have, they'd end up too fat to fly away.  I've been dusting my mom's plants and the grapevine with flour to see if it helps anything but there are so many of the bugs that even if it is killing some of them off, you wouldn't be able to tell. 

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 13, 2022, 09:33:32 AM »

Try a sinus rinse? I have a deviated septum and bad allergies and started doing saline rinses years ago. They help so much. If you've never done it before it can take some practice to hold your head the correct way and it will probably burn a bit. Also, when you first start you'll have more mucus for a couple of days but that's just a defense reaction, If you keep doing it that will go away and so will the burning. I do two rinses a day unless I am having a bad allergy attack, then I do it every hour or so until everything is clear.

I've not done a proper one before, I DO have a spray though? It's just seawater with a little aloe, I got it last summer when the air was so dry my sinus' were angry, it does help a little for a while, I'll need to get a proper sinus rinse system

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 13, 2022, 11:55:34 AM »
I have a massive headache verging on a migraine this morning. I'm nauseous and sensitive to the light. I'm supposed to go visit my mom today. I know she's looking forward to it so I'd rather not cancel but omg my head :dizzy:

Feel better soon.

Post Merge: July 13, 2022, 11:56:51 AM

Why are there so many grasshoppers?  Where are those fabled seagulls when you need them?  Though if the seagulls did show up to eat the grasshoppers we have, they'd end up too fat to fly away.  I've been dusting my mom's plants and the grapevine with flour to see if it helps anything but there are so many of the bugs that even if it is killing some of them off, you wouldn't be able to tell.

Sucks about your plants, but the way you described that made me laugh.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1386 on: July 13, 2022, 01:43:47 PM »
I've not done a proper one before, I DO have a spray though? It's just seawater with a little aloe, I got it last summer when the air was so dry my sinus' were angry, it does help a little for a while, I'll need to get a proper sinus rinse system

I used nasal sprays before switching to the Neti Pot. The difference is night and day.

You're in the UK right? I don't know if this will be useful but this is what I have - Ceramic Neti Pot and I use these packets and always use two - salt packets. I don't know what your water quality is over there but it's not advised here to use tap water, instead I use distilled that I buy in the baby aisle.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1387 on: July 13, 2022, 03:14:15 PM »
Someone is parked outside my house. It's a grey workman's van and has bird crap on the roof. I know I'm being unreasonable, but there is plenty of space to park elsewhere, like outside the house they are actually visiting. In any case, there isn't enough room for the big tractors to get down our road when people are parked there, which is why I have parked in our driveway and my husband is temporarily parked on our front lawn. If they wake up to find they are missing a wing mirror, I would not be surprised.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 13, 2022, 03:29:20 PM »
My parents wanted to go t Sam's today to get a few things.  I was hoping my dad might drop me off at another store in the same shopping center, but he didn't.  I ended up going to Sam's with them.  I have been hunting for a Grandma's Cookies for months and finally found them at Sam's today.  By the time I caught up with my parents they were already checking out, so I didn't feel like I had time to get the cookies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 14, 2022, 05:18:17 AM »
Dear flies & flying insects,
Please understand what is & what is not your living space. You live OUTSIDE: open air, plenty of flying room, tons of spilt ice-cream, the works (hungry birds too but that's life). Inside my house is NOT where you live, & trespassers will be squished or eaten by the resident spiders!!!. Repeat: do NOT come inside my home!!! You are NOT welcome!!!
Yours annoyedly,
Ponybookworm
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1390 on: July 14, 2022, 05:54:25 AM »
They are going to build a new staircase for my unit next Monday and Tuesday (maybe longer depending on the rain). I have to stay at my parents' house and bring my cat. I'm hoping I can stay in my dad's room (formerly my room) and keep Mouse locked in there away from the other cats. But my dad might be having his surgery soon and will probably want to sleep in his bed - he usually sleeps in his recliner in the den. There is a bed in the living room he could sleep in too. I would sleep out there but there's no way to separate Mouse from the other cats.

I can't stay in my apartment those days because it's a liability. Like if I forget and fall out of the door. Because someone probably did that in the past. Ugh.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1391 on: July 15, 2022, 09:18:55 AM »
i feel like i would be the one who falls out of the door. :drunk:

i've been extra hungry lately. my eating is sometimes out of whack. sometimes i can't seem to eat enough. sometimes i don't have much appetite. i gained some weight over the last few months so i've been trying to eat less snacks. but then i'm hungry all the time. i need to start exercising. i have no excuse really but i don't like working out when it's hot.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1392 on: July 15, 2022, 11:24:11 AM »
You probably already know this but drinking water helps with hunger. Sometimes hunger is actually thirst. When I started my weight loss, I make sure to drink a gallon of water a day. That's kind of excessive, but it works for me. You should drink some water before eating anything, and during eating and you'll eat less.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 15, 2022, 12:35:35 PM »
When the recipe fills your mixing bowl to the brim, it is NOT a good idea to cook it in anything smaller than far too big for the air fryer!!! Result: Cakey mess I had to clean off the whole air fryer... I hate excessive cleanup
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1394 on: July 16, 2022, 02:33:10 PM »
so many junk calls today. like 9 calls! all day.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal