collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78389 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1335 on: June 29, 2022, 10:17:58 AM »
Someone I am forced to tolerate at work went on vacation.  While she was gone, we shifted items in the children's room to make everything fit so that she would quit claiming there wasn't room to do her job.  She came back and asked if anyone had done her job and put things in order.  The director mistakenly replied that everything had been done.  The librarian responded, correcting the information and listing the areas that had been done and clearly stating that the other areas needed to be done because we noticed that things were badly out of order, we just didn't have time to fix them. 

The person we tolerate then responded with "Oh great, now the whole room is done."

No it isn't and if she could read, she would know that.  This is the person that thinks L comes after W. 

Why can't being stupid be punishable by law?    -_-   

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1336 on: June 30, 2022, 09:35:43 AM »
I'm also fed up with dealing with people who don't read and who just jump to conclusions. Why is the world like that these days? Is it so hard to read an actual sentence any more? Thanks for nothing social media. (Don't even get me started on the article I read the other day which had three typos, one of which was massive).

...But anyway. Having worked in a library, I won't ask why that person is still working there. Mysteriously, some people are just able to keep working in the library service even when they're useless.

I remember we had a colleague who got promoted from the library to the IT team, I think to get rid of her. Getting IT things fixed took so long that my colleague and I used to rewire or hack the PCs ourselves to get them operational for the customers (with the permission of our manager of course!) The branch libraries used to phone us up for IT help because calling her office was useless.

...It sounds like your library works on similar rules. Try and find a promotion to push her into somewhere else.

My trivial complaint for the day is that my shoulder hurts. I don't really know why. It was fine this morning, but it isn't now. It's probably a nerve through my neck, but it's very annoying :/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 09:37:37 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 30, 2022, 12:06:58 PM »
The air conditioning went out.   :hot: :hot: It's 94 F outside and 76 F inside.  Someone is supposed to come out later today to fix it but it's going to be uncomfortable inside for a few hours.

I also hit my knee on the bedframe.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 12:08:47 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 30, 2022, 01:20:53 PM »
The air conditioning went out.   :hot: :hot: It's 94 F outside and 76 F inside.  Someone is supposed to come out later today to fix it but it's going to be uncomfortable inside for a few hours.

I also hit my knee on the bedframe.

Ponyfan

I'll trade you.  My office is so cold because of how high the AC is set that I have to turn on a space heater every day.  I'd be okay with 76 F.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1339 on: June 30, 2022, 02:22:28 PM »
The same thing is happening to me! The maintenance guy is here right now. Expect it's 101 outside and 83 in here.

edit: Wait, I'm sorry. It was 83, now it's 95.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 02:35:18 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 30, 2022, 02:58:35 PM »
It's now 80F inside and 98F outside.  The air conditioning unit is still running.  I don't see what good it's doing to let it keep blowing hot air in to the house but my mom says we can't turn the inside unit off.

Edit: Now she's decided that we should turn the outside unit off, hours after I suggested it. :(

The compressor in the outside unit is out.  That means no air conditioning tonight and possibly none during the holiday weekend. My dad won't let us go to a motel to spend the night either. :( 

I'm sorry it's happening to you too, Black Curtains. :hot: :hot:

I hope your guy was able to get yours running again.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 04:25:40 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1341 on: June 30, 2022, 05:09:39 PM »
Aircon. What's that O.o.

...Seriously, that sounds pretty grim. I hope it got fixed.

Our temperatures haven't gone up into the 30s yet, though tomorrow is july, and that's always the worst month. We generally stay around the low 30s here, but with no aircon at all anywhere in houses...it can be a trial.

UK is not massively hot as a rule, for long periods, but is pretty humid because of all the water everywhere ><.

I don't really look forward to July these days.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1342 on: July 01, 2022, 06:16:45 AM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan :(

Mine was sort of fixed. The compressor in mine was frozen, so he took it out of the unit and set it behind it so it could defrost. He said he'd be back this morning to put it back in and check to make sure it was cooling inside. It did. It's actually too cold in here now at 74 so I turned it up to 76.

It's weird and cool that human bodies can acclimate to temperature. I'm sure that has a lot to do with our survival and how our species ended up all over the world. 74 is too cold for me, but growing up in Wisconsin, once it hit 60 it was shorts weather and any higher was considered a heat wave :lol: I walked to school in -24 weather. I sound like an old person "back in my day...!" lol

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 01, 2022, 07:26:14 AM »
Holy heck, sounds like you are all cooking over there  :hot: What's the humidity like?

Complaint: why are the jackdaws so greedy  :mad: The crows and jackdaws are.going through suet blocks and mealworms like crazy and broke the peanut feeder, at least leave something for the songbirds!!

At least I saw a juvenile jackdaw being fed by a parent (it would beg every few minutes so I know its a fledgling)

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1344 on: July 01, 2022, 08:31:11 AM »
The humidity where I am is high because I'm surrounded by water. It's at 70% and the dew point is 75 so it's kind of miserable out there! Heat index around 96 (temp is 85) and a very high UV index. They say you only need to be exposed to the sun for 6 minutes before burning or heat stroke can occur. But we are still cooler than the midwest right now which I believe is under a heat dome - the same thing that killed so many people in Canada last year. That might have passed already, but it still hotter than here.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 01, 2022, 12:15:01 PM »
24 hours without air conditioning now.  It's up to around 84 F or so inside
 and 98 F outside. :hot:   I slept with two fans on.  It was still hotter than I would have liked but at least it wasn't unbearable.  The company sent some estimates, and my parents have to decide if they want to completely replace the air conditioning unit or try to replace the broken parts and run the risk of using new parts in an older unit causing other parts to malfunction and break. 

I took some ice and put it in a paper towel, put it on my pulse points and rubbed my arms and neck with it to try to cool off earlier.  I hope we get it fixed soon.  It's going to be a miserable weekend with no air conditioning.

I want to text my friend and tell her that I feel like my world is falling apart but it's a special occasion for her daughter today and I don't want to spoil it.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1346 on: July 01, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »
I always found getting my hair wet, not dripping, but wetter than a full towel dry would be, helped with the heat. I'm assuming you don't have cooling towels or misting fans? Both are great for the heat. You might want to get a couple for backup if this ever happens again or the power goes out or something. With Climate Change it's only going to get worse :(

Towels
Misters

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1347 on: July 01, 2022, 03:53:44 PM »
My Mum using Dr Google >_<

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 01, 2022, 04:12:48 PM »
Thanks, Black Curtains.  I'm hoping we can pick up something over the weekend that will help.

I'm trying not to complain but it's miserable inside the house right now.  :(  I'm pretty sure my dad is going to make us tough it out and not get a motel.

It looks like the air condition is going to be out for several days.  It's up to 86 F inside now.  My parents decided to have a new part put in instead of getting a new unit and the compressor is on back order for about a week.  I hope we don't have to suffer without air conditioning that long.  It's going to be near 100F and mid to upper 90's for the next several days.

Ponyfan 

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1349 on: July 01, 2022, 04:26:07 PM »
@Ponyfan does it cool off at night where you are? opening the windows after it cools off will let the hot air escape. also if you have an oscillating fan setting a bowl of ice in front of it while it blows can help cool the air.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal