collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78371 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1110 on: April 09, 2022, 04:03:55 PM »
Texas is being all Texas. that's all. :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1111 on: April 10, 2022, 05:47:58 AM »
The weather. It was 45 degrees last night because of a tiny cold front, but it's going to be 91 in two days. My electric bill was up by about 10 dollars for last month. I'd hate to open the windows at night and then close them in the afternoon, then open them again, then close them again... how annoying.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 10, 2022, 07:06:20 AM »
we have snow flurries again in mid April.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 10, 2022, 02:46:58 PM »
the close date on my house is delayed which isn't great but isn't terrible as long as it doesn't go into next month. i told my parents and they sounded really bummed. sometimes when they're more upset than i am it makes me more upset.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 12, 2022, 10:57:41 AM »
I got told this morning that it was my fault a co-worker wasn't doing his job correctly.  Even though I have nothing to do with him and I'm not in charge of him. 

I think it's time to look for another job.  One where I don't babysit the dregs of society and take the blame for their ignorance and sloth.  If I wanted to run a daycare for morons, I would have gotten a job at a daycare for morons.

Post Merge: April 13, 2022, 07:54:21 AM

They "upgraded" my work computer with yet another cheap Dell last night.  The sound system is awful and since I'm in charge of repairing CDs/DVDs it's not like that's important.  -_-  At least the last one had an external speaker that worked.  But it doesn't work on this new one so...

I also had to sign in to this site again and couldn't remember my PW so I had to reset it.   >_<
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 07:54:21 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1115 on: April 13, 2022, 08:48:59 AM »
I don't drive but my insurance has a transport service for getting to doctor appointments and stuff. When you call it's all automated. First you have to listen to the Covid-19 stuff and then the "helper" comes on. Luckily, it stores your information so things go quicker, but every single time I call and try to set-up a ride with the auto-bot, something goes wrong. This time she couldn't understand my phone number. So after she can't help you three times, you're transferred to a real person.

I told the agent how the auto-bot messes up every time I call and asked how I can get to a human faster. She told me I have to purposely screw up the bot three times. That sounds simple enough but almost all my info is stored, it asks me to confirm some things. I don't want to mess up my info on file so I guess I have to listen to most of it before I can make her transfer me. It takes like 15 minutes. Every. Time. Ugh!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1116 on: April 13, 2022, 12:46:20 PM »
And the strike office incompetence continues.

I sent them my second filled in strike exemption form on the 24th March. Today they send me an email telling me that I haven't filled this in and that they will be deducting my pay if I don't reply immediately to their silly inbox.

I sent them a print screen, and forwarded them the original email, and basically hinted maybe they could do their job instead of harassing me.

They already refused to make reasonable adjustments for the fact I have trouble with forms - although they said they would make adjustment 'if there was a disability need' (implying they think I'm lying, which is not an uncommon behaviour but still an annoying one from these kinds of people).

And I am frankly done with them.

My staff email was meant to cut off on March 31st because my teaching ended the week before. Fortunately IT are also incompetent and it hasn't been cut off. So I actually received this email and was able to reply to them.

I don't actually know if I get paid in April because I think I probably don't...but if I didn't need to get the email, they shouldn't have sent it to me. And if I did, they were at very real risk of illegally deducting my pay for a strike I didn't participate in because someone doesn't know how to check an inbox properly.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 13, 2022, 11:28:05 PM »
Doves keep going onto our neighbours  sky dish and keep hitting our sky dish their keep turning the Sky off, we need help. I actually scared one off.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1118 on: April 14, 2022, 06:50:54 AM »
Doves keep going onto our neighbours  sky dish and keep hitting our sky dish their keep turning the Sky off, we need help. I actually scared one off.

Most birds are afraid of owls and sparkly things. You could put some streamers on the dish or put a fake owl in the yard.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 14, 2022, 07:32:10 PM »
I've been in a funk for the last few days. some positive things are happening but i feel very anxious about everything. i wish i were one of those people with irrational amounts of confidence.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1120 on: April 15, 2022, 03:57:59 PM »
I love my doctor, I really do, but the wait time at the clinic is so bad. My appointment was at 1pm and I wasn't seen until 3:30. Thankfully, she takes time with me and makes sure I tell her everything I want. I think she does that with everyone and that's why the wait time is so long, she takes a longer time with each patient. The wait is worth it, she's that good, but they really need better chairs.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 16, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »
Of course, the strike office didn't bother to reply to me on thursday and now it's the easter weekend.

Sister and I went for a walk this afternoon. At some time between us leaving and walking back into this neighbourhood, some idiot driving through the loop, probably at a silly speed, hit and killed one of the ducks that live on the ponds round here.

Dad and I have been going up to the pond regularly since last spring and have watched most of them grow up. I didn't see the duck get hit, but where it happened suggests someone didn't bother to slow down or take evasive action, and just didn't care. It was close enough to the curb that normally a duck would escape.

...I hate people who cannot come through our area with the proper respect for its wildlife. They live here too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1122 on: April 16, 2022, 10:14:48 AM »
^ I agree. What never fails to amaze me is people here who hit turtles. Like, how can you not see a huge turtle? It's not like it suddenly appeared in front of you. It's people going too fast and not paying attention. Last year, I think it was, a 400 pound female turtle was killed but they managed to save her eggs. She must have been 50-60 years old too.

A few days ago a baby dolphin was washed ashore and had been hit with a boat propeller. There are signs all over the place in the water about slowing down and watching your speed and this is a manatee/dolphin area.

Then, I read that the Florida Fish and Wildlife want to euthanize a panther because it ate some pigs on a farm. First, the Florida panther is extremely endangered. Second, I think if you're a farmer or rancher that this is the price you pay sometimes. It's like all the ranchers out west who hate wolves and want them eradicated, because they hunt the cattle. Dude, YOU ARE IN THEIR WAY, not the other way around. I personally don't think ranchers should be compensated for kills. And I certainly don't think hunting the apex predators to extinction is the solution. /rant

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 16, 2022, 10:21:42 AM »
poor sweet duckie :(

i'm still very mentally tired and drained. i don't know how people just keep working with no break for years and years. i like my job but sometimes i feel like between my parents, taking care of my household and my job i'm getting really tired. i wish the US had more of a culture of taking long, uninterrupted vacations.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 16, 2022, 05:00:35 PM »
Wolves are extinct here. You can guess the reason that happened. Though I believe they want to reintroduce them in Scotland. I can see how that will end. Humans messing with nature never ends well.

@Beth, yes, :'(

Last year there were at least 3 broods of baby ducks and they all grew up into argumentative cantankerous brats who fought each other for food, made a lot of noise and basically did all those normal duck things.

It makes me sad that one of them has gone. Even though I don't know it was one of those, it feels like it likely was.

The people who live on or around the loop are generally respectful to the birds. The pools are one of the older parts of our urban village, which is about the same age as I am overall, and so for most people moving in they've just always been there. But there have been a sequence of annoyances with people who are a minority but seriously should not live here or drive through here (the latter especially as you do not  need to drive through the loop unless you live on it, it's not a short cut, it's not there to avoid main road traffic jams, and it's not there for speeding people either.

There was an incident with some geese chicks a few years ago that got a lot of anger around here and some kids making a sign to tell people to drive more slowly through the area.

...Bird hits are actually rare though. The birds are mostly quite quick and generally savvy enough to not be on the road if a car is coming. Hence I know this was a speeder. With the geese especially, they have great road sense, so we 100% know if a goose gets hit, it's the driver's fault. But drivers tend to be more attentive to geese as they seem to think a larger bird hit might damage their cars. Not so much ducks, sadly.

But yeah, because this rarely happens, and most drivers pay attention or stop for the birds...it's pretty much nailed on that it was someone recklessly speeding through not caring what happened.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal