collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flutterbat plushie *lots of pics*  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Flutterbat plushie *lots of pics*
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 02:09:57 AM »
Aww, thanks everyone ;-)

Post Merge: January 06, 2014, 07:35:58 PM

You are going to freaking ADORE that machine, let me tell you.  :)  Would you mind saying what kind you're getting?  I am super-interested in them lately, lol! 

Sure :-) , its called brother NV 950 and its the same as the US  brother SE 400 just diffferent model names.

Oh, the SE400 is what I have!  I stand by my statement, you are going to ADORE that machine!  I've had mine since maybe October?  And it's been a little workhorse!  My only complaint is that it won't embroider larger than 4x4 but honestly that's only a nitpick, not really a complaint.  :)

Offline cyanide

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also known as " Epic rainbow crafts "
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 03:07:33 AM »
Aww, thanks everyone ;-)

Post Merge: January 06, 2014, 07:35:58 PM

You are going to freaking ADORE that machine, let me tell you.  :)  Would you mind saying what kind you're getting?  I am super-interested in them lately, lol! 

Sure :-) , its called brother NV 950 and its the same as the US  brother SE 400 just diffferent model names.

Oh, the SE400 is what I have!  I stand by my statement, you are going to ADORE that machine!  I've had mine since maybe October?  And it's been a little workhorse!  My only complaint is that it won't embroider larger than 4x4 but honestly that's only a nitpick, not really a complaint.  :)

well i think 4x4 is allright ^^ atleast in the beginning!

If i may ask? how do you know wich colors it want to use and such, will it indicate that on the machine screen? say i want rainbow dash's eye, will it let me know when to change color of the thread or will it be able to have say 2-3 colors "loaded" into it wich ive seen some machines do? i hope this makes sense as english isnt my main language lol.
im so clueless on those machines its embarrasing ;-)
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 04:19:43 AM »
It sounds complicated but is really super easy - when you send your embroidery pattern to the machine, the pattern will already be broken down into colored "sections."  (like for RD's eye, there would be the eyelashes, all the different colors of the iris, the pupil, the whites, and the shine) It will show you a silhouette of each section, and you can see how many thread changes you'll need.  When the machine begins each different section it will display the color of thread programmed into the pattern at the top of the LCD screen.  You can use the color shown there or substitute your own (like if you're making a different pony who has Dash's eye shape but is a different color).  When it reaches the end of that section, it stops and beeps to let you know it's ready for the next section.  Then you remove the hoop and load the next color of bobbin and top thread, and the machine will automatically display the next section it's going to do and the correct color for it, so you'll never be guessing.  You can only load one color at a time, and you'll probably switch a few colors, like black and white, several times per eye.  The hoop will go right back onto the machine without the pattern losing its place, so don't be afraid to take the hoop off.  ;)  When it's done with the eye, it will beep and say something like "Finished sewing" on the screen.  Then you can unhoop your fabric and tear off your stabilizer. 

I'm sure I'm making this much more complicated than it is but don't worry - after the very first thing I embroidered I never had to refer to the manual again.  You can even skip over sections, go back to a previous section, and even go back and forth to individual stitches if there is a problem and you have to start over, without having to start from scratch! 

Did that make any sense?  XD

Manceinion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 04:37:57 AM »
This is awesome. Mailing this to my bro (a big fluttershy fan).

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 06:26:26 AM »
I almost ate my phone because she looks so sweet! Fantastic work :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
She's sooo cute!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
She looks fantastic! Amazing pattern and creative skills.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 01:06:22 AM »
She is way too cute!! I wish I had the patience to be creative like that!

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Tararawr

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 01:54:31 AM »
Wow you did an amazing job!! Ridiculously cute  :)

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »
It sounds complicated but is really super easy - when you send your embroidery pattern to the machine, the pattern will already be broken down into colored "sections."  (like for RD's eye, there would be the eyelashes, all the different colors of the iris, the pupil, the whites, and the shine) It will show you a silhouette of each section, and you can see how many thread changes you'll need.  When the machine begins each different section it will display the color of thread programmed into the pattern at the top of the LCD screen.  You can use the color shown there or substitute your own (like if you're making a different pony who has Dash's eye shape but is a different color).  When it reaches the end of that section, it stops and beeps to let you know it's ready for the next section.  Then you remove the hoop and load the next color of bobbin and top thread, and the machine will automatically display the next section it's going to do and the correct color for it, so you'll never be guessing.  You can only load one color at a time, and you'll probably switch a few colors, like black and white, several times per eye.  The hoop will go right back onto the machine without the pattern losing its place, so don't be afraid to take the hoop off.  ;)  When it's done with the eye, it will beep and say something like "Finished sewing" on the screen.  Then you can unhoop your fabric and tear off your stabilizer. 

I'm sure I'm making this much more complicated than it is but don't worry - after the very first thing I embroidered I never had to refer to the manual again.  You can even skip over sections, go back to a previous section, and even go back and forth to individual stitches if there is a problem and you have to start over, without having to start from scratch! 

Did that make any sense?  XD

Oh my =) sorry for late answer!

Thanks for the info, im really grateful that you took your time to explain ;-) it all makes alot more sense to me now! hehe.
Speaking of non iron ons, ive just made a rarity with my very first applique symbol and eyes (minky, satin , faux leather for lashes). i will upload her here shortly =)
it do look alot better than iron ons (even if the ones i use have a very good quality and dont "float above" the fabric as many does). cant wait for an embroidery machine now =D
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 01:22:15 AM »
The SE400 is what I have as well, and I love it!

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 05:39:49 AM »
I have never heard a bad review for it, except in the very rare instances when someone has gotten a defective unit!  All the other negative comments seem to be based on user error.

Cyanide - I'm glad you understood that!  And your Rarity is beautiful, I love how you use fur for the hair! 

Offline Valerie

• Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 09:28:31 AM »
Awazome!!!  :iconclap:

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »
I have never heard a bad review for it, except in the very rare instances when someone has gotten a defective unit!  All the other negative comments seem to be based on user error.

Cyanide - I'm glad you understood that!  And your Rarity is beautiful, I love how you use fur for the hair! 

I bet =) i see theres alot of tutorials online though on how to put the thread and stuff!

Just ordered my very first embroidery machine now, so excited right now! :frolic:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »
Awesome!!!

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal