collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Swarovski Crystals inquiry.  (Read 780 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Swarovski Crystals inquiry.
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:46:24 AM »
What is their life span? do they last forever if they are treated right? if you just leave them alone will they naturally degrade over the time? What are your experiences with these crystals? When I customise anything I'd like to think that whatever I stick to whatever that it would last a life time or two.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:48:07 AM by bagheera86 »

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
Re: Swarovski Crystals inquiry.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 03:57:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure they would last a life time, crystal has been used for lots of things, I have some crystal wine glasses in my cupboard that are 30 years old and they look good as new :)
If your going to be sticking them on I guess you need to use a good super glue and I guess there is no way of telling if they would fall off but I know from experience crystals can chip and break so not a good idea to bash the pony around, if they are just for display and left alone they should be fine :)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:36:17 AM »
I'm more worried about how ponies themselves are gonna hold up, lol!  With some G3's already showing signs of regrind from a cheaper plastic, pony cancer, plasticizer leakage, and all the other pony probs, it is always a bit of a gamble :P  I think as LLL eloquently mentioned, the crystals should be fine.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 07:38:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure they would last a life time, crystal has been used for lots of things, I have some crystal wine glasses in my cupboard that are 30 years old and they look good as new :)
If your going to be sticking them on I guess you need to use a good super glue and I guess there is no way of telling if they would fall off but I know from experience crystals can chip and break so not a good idea to bash the pony around, if they are just for display and left alone they should be fine :)

I plan on fixing them in with milliput, thank you so much for the info! I didn't want to buy something that was actually cheap and nasty!

I'm more worried about how ponies themselves are gonna hold up, lol!  With some G3's already showing signs of regrind from a cheaper plastic, pony cancer, plasticizer leakage, and all the other pony probs, it is always a bit of a gamble :P  I think as LLL eloquently mentioned, the crystals should be fine.

....Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten all about pony cancer x_x;

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
I was planning on using them on my customs, I always thought they were really good. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal