collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93280 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #660 on: May 29, 2023, 04:35:59 PM »
My uncle is in the hospital once again. :(
The last time he was there was in January. Now he had to call an ambulance on Saturday morning because he couldn't breathe properly anymore. On Sunday, he was able to talk on the phone with my mother a little better. He said that he had a pulmonary embolism! :scared: On Monday afternoon, my mother tried to call him again, but this time the call was disconnected and there was no answer at all on the second couple of calls. So we don't know what the situation is there now. Hopefully, on Tuesday morning or during the day, we will hear how he is doing. :huh:

My nephew couldn't make it to the week-long class trip/camp because he still has a persistent flu and his cough has gotten worse (My own cough hasn't gotten better either. :mad:) Now my brother and his spouse also have sore throats. My brother has a planned trip to Holland for the weekend and that trip would be really important to him. I hope he gets better soon.  :(
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #661 on: May 29, 2023, 08:21:39 PM »
I'm so sorry, HoM. I hope everyone gets better :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #662 on: May 31, 2023, 12:22:21 PM »
Today has been a terrible day :( Yesterday was bad too with one bright spot (a gift from a friend). Today, I had to have a document notorized and instead of taking an Uber to the bank, paying 10 bucks, and Ubering back home, it was cheaper to do it online. But I had so many problems getting my camera to work. I still don't know how I fixed it. Then I had issues with the printer. My back and legs really hurt today too.

Yesterday, I only got like 2 hours of sleep and there were ants all over my kitchen counter. I was supposed to see the cardiologist but my ride never showed up (the free transportation through my insurance for medical stuff - it keeps getting worse and worse). The driver finally showed up two hours later at 5pm, after the office was closed! I was like, my appointment was for 3:30 what are you doing here now? He didn't have an answer. THEN when I was staying home, I went to turn my PC back on and it wouldn't start. I mean, not wouldn't boot, wouldn't even turn on. I thought my power supply was shot. So I took it apart and blew all the dust and cat hair out of it and unplugged the internal cables one at a time and plugged them back in. That thankfully worked. But I have a gaming rig and the tower is huge and heavy. It hurt my back lugging it outside and back in. Then, my speaker wire is very sensitive, I really need to get better HDMI speakers. Anyway, after I plugged that back in only one speaker was working. I had to play around with the wire and listen to screeches and scratches until I found a position it liked.

I have a headache now from fighting with my camera and the printer, but it did finally print out my notarized document. I can hand all that in now and hopefully they won't evict me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 31, 2023, 12:28:58 PM »
That sounds like an awful day.  :cry: :freak: :tackleglomp:  I hope tomorrow goes better.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #664 on: June 01, 2023, 08:00:59 AM »
The awfulness continues. I have a killer headache and my teeth hurt. My back hurts a lot too, worse than yesterday. It keeps popping and cracking every time I move. I tried to lie back down and sleep, but it made my head worse. I've currently got an ice bag on my head and heating pad on my back.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #665 on: June 01, 2023, 07:32:51 PM »
BC, I hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #666 on: June 02, 2023, 12:28:52 AM »
The teeth pain and headache lasted from 10am to 6pm. I'm glad it's finally gone, mostly, my teeth feel a little strange, but they don't hurt anymore. I never did get any sleep and it's 3am now. I think all the stress of the past few months is catching up to me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 02, 2023, 12:39:52 PM »
Yesterday a co-worker went into my office while I wasn't there and took something I was working on off of my desk.  It wasn't finished and I had to take time to track it down and rush to finish it because he'd gone ahead and told the patron it was ready for pick up.  When I complained about it, the director said the co-worker "didn't know" he wasn't supposed to come into my office and take things because he was "just trying to do his job."  This is the co-worker that lies about wearing cologne and is the reason that I'm not allowed to leave my office until after 1 pm because he's in the building.  So basically, I've been sent to my room like a naughty child for complaining about his stench and he gets free reign with the write-off of "he didn't know" and "nobody told him specifically not to."  Okay.  Nobody told me specifically not to poison him or kick him in the nads so I guess that behavior is perfectly acceptable.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 02, 2023, 02:11:42 PM »
BC, :hug: I hope your weekend begins and continues relaxed and without pain!  :relaxed:

My uncle is still in the hospital and he is very, very tired. :( On Thursday, he had fallen in his room at the hospital and hit his head on the table. The head was checked and luckily no damage was found. :whew:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #669 on: June 03, 2023, 04:21:15 AM »
I'm glad your uncle wasn't hurt by the fall.

Pain level is still high in my back and my lower teeth hurt again. I tried brushing extra and flossed as best I could. My front bottom teeth are severely crowded and I can't always get the floss to go between them. I used mouth wash and after 30 minutes where you can't eat or drink, I gargled with warm salt water. They still hurt. Maybe I have an abscess or something. I don't have a dentist because they aren't included in my insurance plan (because dentists aren't doctors??? I don't know. It's very stupid).

I bought a nice arm lamp for my desk. It clamps on and swivels and it has two split lightbars. Except... I am dumb and didn't realize that my desk being against the wall means I can't put the lamp where I need it. The arm is too long and the wall is right there. So now I have to figure out where to put it and buy another desk light. I think I can clamp it to my PC desk, but I usually don't need light when I'm on here. Hmm, maybe I'll return it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 03, 2023, 07:13:06 AM »
A seagull crapped on me while I was crossing the road an in a major hurry to get what I needed and board the bus (or I'd need to wait another hour). I was NOT impressed sitting on a bus home covered in seagull crap!!!!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 03, 2023, 08:28:21 AM »
I bought a nice arm lamp for my desk. It clamps on and swivels and it has two split lightbars. Except... I am dumb and didn't realize that my desk being against the wall means I can't put the lamp where I need it. The arm is too long and the wall is right there. So now I have to figure out where to put it and buy another desk light. I think I can clamp it to my PC desk, but I usually don't need light when I'm on here. Hmm, maybe I'll return it.

Is it possible to clamp it to the leg of your desk instead of the top?  Then it would be lower down at least.  Or maybe you could put a smaller table or nightstand next to your desk that you could attach it to since the arm is so long and maybe it would still reach where you need it.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #672 on: June 03, 2023, 08:59:48 AM »
No, there's no room around my desk. I wanted it so I could split the two light bars on both the left and right side. I've already set it up for a return and found another one by Ottlite that is the same thing but has a stand instead of a clamp.

New complaint about an old complaint - I have a headache! Because my incredibly sore back wasn't enough, I guess?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 03, 2023, 06:26:45 PM »
BC, I'm sorry to hear that the headache returned to bother you in addition to all the other pain.  :(

This is not a complaint, but I am writing it here: My uncle called my mother on Saturday and told her that he is not dead yet. :biggrin: It was only a short call as he just announced this and tried to go to sleep. It was already half past twelve at night when he called. At first I thought that now something bad has happened and the ghosts are calling!  :shocked: :biggrin:

This is the complaint: My lower back felt like it was going to get stuck! >_< I didn't dare move anywhere for a little while. After the worse pain went away, I continued my chores again, but more carefully. It is most definitely due to the fact that I sit too much and do not exercise at all. I've tried to start going for walks, but often this computer attracts me more.  :blush:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 03, 2023, 06:53:52 PM »
It's been rough for me lately.  I'm not sure where to start. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal