collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Halloween!  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2023, 05:20:13 PM »
Rainlove - Cute! I hope you get to see the movie! It looks good :D
I hope so too. I am continuously checking for available days to go.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2023, 05:21:07 AM »
Wow shockponie! I love that you celebrate all year and those new buckets are nice.

My dog was invited to a Halloween party.   :silly:   So we are going together to see all the other doggies and their costumes.  My dog is going as a shark but I doubt she'll wear it very long.

These are my decorations:

I NEED to see your dog in the shark costume!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2023, 05:45:45 AM »
Halloween is not really a Holliday here. It has slowly been added in the past twenty years through American movies and TV-shows. When I was a teenager you couldn't even find a pumpkin and we made our own decorations, now they're everywhere. The problem is, since october 31 is a regular day here, people celebrate for weeks, or even months before or after. Usually, they keep it between the weekend before and the weekend after october 31, but since it happens during the fall break this year some places like schools or companies have their parties the week before or after. It's super annoying. Another thing is, the first saturday of November is All Hallows Eves here, which is a holliday. It's when we remember our dead by going to the cemetary and light candles at the graves and memorials. A lot of people don't like kids running around in costumes trick or treating or adults partying and clubbing in costume on that weekend as it's disrepectful to those remembering their dead loved ones. It's a huge debate every year.

Anyway, there used to be a night club for us "alternative people" that had the best Halloween party ever on a respectful Saturday. It was full on cosplays and prizes for the best costumes, aweome music from the metal, goth and synth grenre. We usually had a pre-party at our home for our friends and acquaintes, and I would decorate with spiders and spider webs and pumpkin candles and the work, before going there. I'm not a party goer but this was THE MUST DO for me. It was the highlight of the fall.

Before Covid, there was a rumour that they would stop hosting this party but they did anyway. Then covid hit so no party. After covid, not a word. So last year and this year will be no Halloween for us. Instead, on the very 31st, we're gonna celebrate my husbands birthday as we both work on his actual day. A nice dinner out and some desert. He don't want cake.

and honeslty I can't even decorate so it shows outside because people with kids has decided Halloween decorations means giving out candy so we would have kids running here at every hour everyday between this coming friday to next sunday screaming trick or treat.

I do wish you who have a sensible way to celebrate a very Happy Halloween! :lovey:

brightberry, I love that cat!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2023, 05:57:21 AM »
Wow, that's interesting! In the US to signify if a house is giving out candy, you turn your porch lights on. It's been that way since I was a kid and we could trick or treat at night. I think there are some states where nighttime is still for trick or treat but most states have it in the afternoon.

I'm sorry you can't even put your decorations up. I hope you and John have a nice time though :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2023, 10:13:54 AM »
Ponyfan - Man, those 80s costumes were something else. I love the jelly shoes, I had so many of those :lol:

I loved jelly shoes too. :)  The last few times I wore them though, they tore up my feet so I had to stop getting them.  I know the jumpsuit part used to be in a closet for a long time, but I'm not sure if I still have it.  My family wasn't big on trick or treating or Halloween, so this was probably one of the few costumes I had.

Where I live, kids are warned not to go trick or treating at houses that don't have Halloween decorations or the porch light on. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2023, 10:16:45 AM »
I have the “problem” of not enough kids showing up, so I give out full size candy bars.  :lol:  Yanno, reward the kids who do show up.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2023, 10:55:06 AM »
That's how it was at my parents house. We gave out the good candy too to the few who showed up.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2023, 02:22:07 AM »
I go all out for Halloween every year! It might be my favorite holiday….idk it’s always a toss up between Halloween and Christmas! :lol: I think I’ve posted my indoor decor before but here it is again. Fun fact, I moved into my house in October so I bought Halloween decor before I ever bought normal home decor, so in some regards my home was designed for Halloween!

I don’t have much outside since I also have the problem of no trick or treaters haha! I usually just go to my parents house to hand out candy since they always get a good group. I thought I had pictures of the yard decor I made for my parents house but I’m not seeing any pictures saved! I’ll try and take some to add in here. It’s all Haunted Mansion themed.

One of my favorite things to do is carve pumpkins! Here’s the pumpkin I carved just a day ago for a pumpkin carving contest that happens every year at a local brewery. :) I won the prize for the best beer themed pumpkin and got a $50 gift card! I won last year too, so I think next year it’s time to challenge myself and go for the overall best in show. :P

These were last years pumpkins:

I’m loving seeing everyone else’s fun ideas and decor! :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2023, 05:46:28 AM »
Ahh, MM I love your house :heart: Your decorations are so awesome!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2023, 07:44:51 AM »
Love everyone's photos!! :lovey:

I probably won't be doing much for Halloween this year, as usual. Not sure if we'll be handing sweets out or not, we kind of fell out of the habit after COVID. Over here, the unofficial rule (for as long as trick-or-treating has really been a "thing", anyway) has always been, if there's a (lit up) pumpkin (or some other similar decoration) in a house's window or by their door, they're handing out sweets, otherwise assume they're not participating. Whenever we ran out of sweets or were otherwise done for the night, we just brought the pumpkin in and that was it.

However I'll definitely be doing my yearly rewatch of Over the Garden Wall! Just isn't Halloween now without sitting down and watching that <3 And I'm sure I'll find some other Halloween specials to watch, and check out the special events on virtual pet sites :B

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2023, 10:35:30 AM »
MM, I love the photos :) Especially the lights on your range hood.

i put up some decorations but not as much as originally planned. I got sick and lost some momentum.

I don't really dress up. we're planing to buy candy but it seems like people set up tables outside instead of kids going door to door. last year we had 1 come to the door. if it's as cold as the forecast says it will be I probably won't go outside. we'll see.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2023, 03:46:32 PM »
I love how everyone decorates! :) I am down to just Christmas now. I hurt too much anymore and have no energy.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2023, 10:31:18 PM »
I didnt decorate this year, Nobody comes this way for trick or treating

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2023, 08:20:15 PM »
 :frolic: All have really horribly adorable and fun decorations! :frolic:

Minty_Magic, your apartment is really cute! :heart: There is a lot of wonderful things! :wow: Especially that large pumpkin lamp with a black cat on top, incredibly gorgeous! I would love to live there! :lol: You are really good at carving pumpkins! :wow:

I only have light sets that are suitable for Halloween time. This halloween has been spent watching horror movies and admiring my lights. ^.^

:zzz:

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2023, 10:38:21 PM »
Check out my pony closet--it's decked out for Halloween!

https://youtu.be/U9bbINuJ7DE?si=7tVhK8tjyhc111Lk
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal