collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Candles  (Read 7246 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Candles
« on: March 26, 2023, 11:10:01 AM »
Anyone else addicted to candles? :lol:

I used to collect fancy candles, the kind you don't burn. I had dragons and tigers and elephants. Most survived the trip to Florida, but one of my dragons melted a bit from the heat.

As far as burning candles go, I love Yankee Candle but they are so expensive! I have little ones and one my sister bought for me that's a Woodwick, which crackles like real fire wood as it burns.

I like the Walmart Mainstays candles. They're okay. They have nice scents and while burning they fill the room, but it doesn't stick around much after the candle goes out. They burn fast too.

Air Wick candles are okay. The scents are very strong but like the Walmart candles, it doesn't hang around.

Recently I tried Goose Creek. They were having a sale on their large jar candles for $10 each. I bought five of them based on the scent descriptions. I did a good job because they all smell great :P The one I'm burning now has made my entire apartment smell. It's called Shining Sands and smells like a day at the beach. I recommend them!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Candles
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 11:19:17 AM »
Not big on scented candles, but they're always something I have around in an all-electric home
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 09:56:16 AM »
Meee! I have an IG page that is mostly dedicated to candles!
(I don’t know if we’re allowed to post our socials here. If we are, I can share it if anyone would like to see some of my collex.)

I mainly shop the deals at Bath & Body Works, but I buy others from time to time (such as DW Home, Mainstays, Aldi, Yankee, Tuscany, Fvith). I haven’t tried Goose Creek yet, but I’ve been thinking about it.

Normally I like fruity, floral, and gourmand scents, but I will dabble in others.  :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 06:26:33 PM »
I love candles but I'm too scared I would burn the house down.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 09:24:14 PM »
Oh, I’m 100% a candle addict haha! My favorite scents to be fall scents, so I stock up a bunch that time of year and try to make them last year round. Usually around May/ June I start running low though. There are unfortunately only so many candles I can store at once.

Bath and Body works is usually my go to for candles, though I refuse to buy them at full price since they are so expensive! I usually try and wait until they are having a buy 3 get 3 free sale and when I have a 20% off coupon to stock up. I like Yankee candles as well, but same thing, they are so pricey with no coupons or sales!

I’ve also become a big fan of jewelry candles like Fragrant Jewels and Jackpot Candles. Once again they are a little expensive…but each candle comes with a ring inside so they are fun to burn for that! The rings are pretty too. They aren’t very good quality, they do tarnish after a while, but for like $30 it’s a fun splurge here and there!

My favorite cheap candles are Tuscany candles from Kroger or whatever it may be called by you. :P They are large glass jars like Yankee and they have a pretty strong scent. They also burn for an insanely long time, so I love them for that!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 05:57:15 AM »
I don't think I ever had any Bath and Body Works candles... they went out of business by me. They were in the mall and the mall is dead.

So the Goose Creek candle made my apartment smell beachy for two days after burning it! I think I have a new favorite :inlove:

My favorite scents are woody and spicy, fall and winter and FIRE. I think it's Yankee that has one called Fireside and it smells SO GOOD.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 07:39:16 AM »
I love candles too. :lovey:

I buy them from Bath and Body Works, but I try to wait for a good sale on them because I don't want to pay the full retail price.

I have so many now, that I need to use some up before I buy more as I've crammed candles in just about every space where they will fit.  Most of the time I try to burn them on the weekends, but I haven't done that for a while.

I have a lot more than what's in the pics, but these were the most recent pics I found of the candles.  Pics is spoiler tags.

Spoiler

I've heard good things about Goose Creek and Yankee Candle, but I haven't tried them yet.

When I visited Hawaii, I bought my mom a candle that looks like a pineapple.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 02:59:23 AM »
I love candles :heart: Unfortunaly one of my cats love them too and almost burnt of his whiskers a few years ago, so I mostly use battery candles nowadays which is totally not the same. I have a lantern on the table in the livingroom where I can put a real candle as he can't reach it there.

I use candles mostly during fall season. My favorite is a vanilla scented one from IKEA. They also had a limited special on a cherry candle which was lovley that I still have some of, and a few years ago their christmas edition was winter apple that I adore. I only have one of those left so I just sniff it once in a while. HM Home has a candle with sandlewood that smells wonderful.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 05:13:20 AM »
Mousie once set her tail on fire from a candle and she didn't even notice. Luckily, I did and put it out with my hand. I didn't use candles a lot when she was alive because of that incident. Now I have a cat proof place to put the candle and Aster doesn't care  anyway but she was smelling my candle stash earlier and it made her sneeze :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 06:13:06 AM »
Vanilla scented candles are my favorite. :o) I have a few warmers around the house too, vanilla, chocolate and peach soy beads in them. No flowery smells here...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 10:37:12 AM »
After work I’m hitting up B&BW to take advantage of their B1G1 Free sale on candles, and stack on my coupon. I’m looking forward to smelling the new spring stuff. Eeeee :squee:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2023, 11:33:22 AM »
Goose Creek is having another sale. $11.99 on their large 3-wick jars, some are even cheaper.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2023, 03:20:56 PM »
I went to Bath and Body Works today but didn't buy anything.  I smelled a lot of the candles though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2023, 10:49:03 PM »
I love scented candles and wax! I try to get Yankee Candles from Big Lots rather than online, because yeah...it can be expensive! I splurge for Frostbeard Candles every year too--the throw and staying power of them is a lot better than even the biggest Yankee/similar brand candles! Frostbeard Studio I also get candles off of Etsy and support other indie creatives that way! :)

My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2023, 09:11:01 AM »
I'm working on reorganizing my candles, but it's a WIP. Enjoy my two organized shelves.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal