collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 72924 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2022, 05:08:11 AM »
@BC, I won a contest last year on another site which involved an art commission. I never got my prize and the person has since disappeared. I know that RL happens, but again, communication is so important. At least a "sorry, I can't get to it at the moment because x y z" would be polite...

Was it on PI? Most of my failings with artists are there.

My current complaint is rather strange. I feel very wired right now, hyper. I wonder if I'm going to have another manic episode. So far those have been connected to being out of one of my meds for a couple days and then taking it again. But this time I got a refill on time and didn't miss any days soooo... that's not it. If that's what this is it'll be the fourth time it's happened. I don't mind really, I get a lot done and I feel good. It's a complaint because my psychiatrist says it's not a good thing and then it's supposed to be followed by bad depression, but that didn't happen to me before. I don't know! I feel bouncy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 05:15:13 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2022, 04:03:17 PM »
So, I tried a massage for my birthday and I've learned two things;

1. I really don't like being touched :c
2. Pressing on my temples for the facial super hurt!! I know it's supposed to be relaxing but my temples feel very thin and it was so sore
3. I had a salt scrub I think on my feet, I was happy I didn't twitch or accidentally kick the masseuse (I've had very minor operations on my feet but sometimes I get phantom pains from the injection points and they twitch with the memory), but afterwards when I put my socks and shoes back on, it felt like I was sliding inside my own shoes!!

Also, I meant to go to Lakeland to buy myself a good quality cooking pot as mine finally gave up the ghost ... only to completely walk past it -_- Well done Lady Frostbite you silly billy

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2022, 06:43:48 PM »
I was walking down the hallway. I had my belt in one hand and my new shoes in the other.  My belt buckle hit the hallway mirror and cracked it.

Also, someone put something gross in our mailbox.  Details in the spoiler.  It's a little bit disgusting. 

Spoiler
My dad went to check the mail and found a half eaten sandwich.   :X Why would someone do that?  I'm hoping that it was an honest mistake on the mail carrier's part but we've never found anything like that before.  I checked the camera footage and found a little bit of suspicious activity but there's nothing that proves who put the sandwich there.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2022, 04:50:25 AM »
It sounds intentional, along with the vandalism you experienced last year, I'd say someone in the neighborhood doesn't like your family :(

I have a headache today, but it's not the same as I've been having. I think this one is more normal for me. Still sucks though. My carpal tunnel is still pretty bad too. I want to talk with my doctor about maybe getting surgery for it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2022, 07:13:59 AM »
vacation time is over so back to work. today i'm greeted with almost 200 unread emails. most of which are just junk notifications or meeting invites for the past. so going through to find the important ones will take forever. also my password expired and resetting it didn't work so now i'm waiting on a callback from tech support to fix it. thankfully i can still access email and chat. why am I always stressed? :shocked:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2022, 07:43:52 AM »
@BC - no, it wasn't on PI. It was another site. I like PI but I tend to keep a lower profile there.

I tidied up my desk a lot today, which is a good thing except I forgot to wear a mask and now I'm coughing. My lungs are still a little sensitive post-covid :/ Well done me.

The sandwich in the letterbox sounds gross, Ponyfan, but also sounds like something a harried postie might do without thinking about it. Hopefully there isn't a mailman somewhere in your region wondering what he did with his lunch.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:47:33 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2022, 08:43:14 AM »
I had a meeting with my mental health case worker this morning but she rescheduled at the last minute. She does that a lot... I think the last three meetings she had to do a later appointment. It's not like I have anything else going on but it's a little annoying. The way my brain works is if I have something important to do I MUST complete that task before moving onto something else. I wanted to start cleaning today, but now I have to wait until after 1.

Also, just a minor one, I was in the middle of a business deal with someone on another site and they got offline. So now I'm waiting for them to come back and finish the trade we started. Why would you leave?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2022, 09:37:44 AM »
I hate to come back and trivially complain again so soon after the last, but my lightbulb in my bedroom just went dead. My room is quite big and has two ceiling lights - fortunately this is the one in the ponies' end of the room, not my bed end, but apparently it's not as simple as just a broken bulb. Seems the whole light is bust, and so an electrician will have to come out and fix it. He can't come till Friday, so the lighting in my room is going to be annoying until then. Sigh.

It is a very old bayonet, since it's probably not been changed in the whole time we've lived here, which is 30+ years. The one at the other end was put in new when we had the extension done, so hopefully it'll last a bit longer.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2022, 09:58:51 AM »
I've felt really shaky and lightheaded since yesterday.  I thought maybe my blood sugar went too high or I didn't eat enough but I still feel this way almost 24 hours later. 

I couldn't even play my Switch for long because the motion of the game was too much for me in my current state.  Usually motion in games doesn't bother me.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2022, 03:01:16 AM »
The electricity thing in Slice Of Life: Since the back of June I've been putting £90 in every two weeks to ensure I have enough for the winter, because I know the prices will go up & up & up, plus my house is all electric. The two most recent didn't add on to the meter, so yesterday i went on to the energy company's website & used their chatbox to explain the issue. An engineer came round last night & did what he could, replacing both the meter AND the key which puts the credit in. I'm still missing £120 credit & have to contact the chatbox again today about sorting that. Why do meters set limits on how much you can put IN them??? The engineer was asking the same question last night, as he frustratedly tried to put the last £120 in...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2022, 06:22:06 AM »
Sometimes my parents can be really annoying.  The other day we didn't get ketchup with our McDonald's order.  I told my mom that I had learned to eat it without ketchup, but she said she couldn't do that.  My dad immediately got up and got some ketchup.  This wouldn't have been such a big deal but at one point I ate my food without ketchup several times because my mom said that if it didn't come with it, I couldn't say anything about not having any.

This is one of the issues I have with my parents.  My mom will say I can't complain or mention something yet it's totally okay for her to do the exact thing she told me not to do.  Talking to them about it doesn't do any good either as I can't make my mom realize what she's doing.

My dad thinks if you see something on Google then it must be true.  Last night he wanted to go out to eat because he saw a restaurant had dinner specials.  When we got there, he decided we should leave before we even ordered anything because "it wasn't as advertised." I just Googled the restaurant this morning to see if I could see what he saw.  I saw the dinner specials through Google but when I clicked on the restaurant's website, they weren't there.  I'm assuming Google hasn't updated their search results yet.  Of course, my dad doesn't realize that it's not the restaurant's fault that the links are outdated.

I don't feel as lightheaded today, but I still feel shaky.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:12:55 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2022, 06:30:52 AM »
@Ponyfan i hope you feel better :) my parents are the same way with business websites. after having some small business clients when i did freelancing i've learned not to trust whatever's online. sometimes the business owners don't even know how to update the site, sometimes they lose their password, sometimes they don't pay the person who is updating their site. it's a mess.

my complaint today is cramps. i thought i just went through this. i guess another month went by fast. also i don't feel 100%. just rundown and stressed. also i still can't log into everything at work. i guess being locked out of the sites i need to do my job isn't high priority enough for someone to fix it.

also i really feel like i'm about to lose my mind if anyone else asks me to do another ask. there are other people. i work on multiple projects. i don't have time for this last minute stuff.  i see why people just ghost jobs. i'm not going to do that but sometimes i think about just logging off and disappearing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 08:54:55 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2022, 07:09:01 AM »
update - I did end up making a WYP. She passed away last night.

This is not at all trivial but I hate to make a new topic in WYP.

I need to take my cat to the vet but my niece is out of town with friends, my dad is still in the hospital and I don't know anyone else with a car. I priced Uber and to go to the vet, then go to my mom's, then go back to my place would cost $66 with tip. I can't afford that.

I hate this. I was always so "if you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet" when I still had my disability payments, but now I'm in this position myself. I don't think she is suffering. She's been sleeping a lot. But she hasn't eaten and she was only 4 lbs before, now she's just bones. I force fed her the high calorie gel I have. I gave her two servings, which are for cats 10lbs and over. She is still drinking water though.

She's a month shy of her 20th birthday.

Also, today it's been a year since my sister died. It still seems like it just happened.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 06:29:27 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2022, 07:56:16 AM »
I need a soundproof room to go scream obscenities in at work because murder is wrong even if it would be considered a service to humanity.  :argh:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2022, 08:07:10 AM »
For the second time a box has been left in my mailbox I cannot get out. I walked all the way over there in this heat and I can't get my frickin' mail. Now I have to wait for the mailman to come so I can cuss him out.

And this was what broke me today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal