collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 50717 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #480 on: June 26, 2015, 08:57:57 PM »
I actually think she is my favourite g4 exclusive so far.  The costume is so cute and actually quite good quality IMO.  Plus really detailed.  And the box is so perfect.  The only negs I see is, it's pinky and it's not like we all don't have 100 of her, it would be nice if the pony herself was special too, arty looking cutie mark or something, and the box is massive and I think may be hard to display in a space saving way.  But all in all, I'm actually quite happy with her.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #481 on: June 26, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »
I wouldn't buy it for $15
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 26, 2015, 11:52:18 PM »
The pony isn't ... as bad as it could have been, but really, another Pinkie, and for $50??? It feels like an insult. Like, "those collectors will buy anything, so we can send out some Pinkies we threw together last-minute while the TF collectors get an awesome trio of female robots."

The packaging is awesome in the context of the costume; but I don't like to pay $50 for a fancy box, you know?

I think we should start taking bets; will this exclusive sit in the Hasbrotoyshop as long as the blinged-out DJ-P0n3 did, or even longer? :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 27, 2015, 12:12:36 AM »
This is really... the exclusive? I'm so disappointed and Pinkie is my favourite character :(

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 27, 2015, 12:14:06 AM »
The pony isn't ... as bad as it could have been, but really, another Pinkie, and for $50??? It feels like an insult. Like, "those collectors will buy anything, so we can send out some Pinkies we threw together last-minute while the TF collectors get an awesome trio of female robots."

The packaging is awesome in the context of the costume; but I don't like to pay $50 for a fancy box, you know?

I think we should start taking bets; will this exclusive sit in the Hasbrotoyshop as long as the blinged-out DJ-P0n3 did, or even longer? :P

It felt last minute or lazy to me too. Like "Uhhh...slap an outfit on those FS Pinkies we've had shelfwarming in the warehouse! $50 exclusive! It's perfect!" The costume is cute and I would buy it if it(and other pony clothes) were sold on their own. Don't need another Pinkie(4 is enough for me) and don't need a big fancy box. Even though people didn't like the DJ exclusive, there seems like there was at least more effort put into it. It just flopped. Though I like mine just fine.

I may change my mind if it turns out that this Pinkie is significantly different from the ones they sell in the stores(like better quality or more hair, different mold), but she doesn't seem to be besides the outfit and box? :huh: Well, that's another $50 I get to keep this year at least.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #485 on: June 27, 2015, 12:33:14 AM »
Does anyone NOT want their exclusive they got at the Fair!? I will buy it off of them for my husband! :D I actually really love the exclusive!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #486 on: June 27, 2015, 01:34:43 AM »
I don't watch the show or pay attention to G4 at all anymore, but I really like this. Its silly and dumb and not worth $50 but I need chicken Pinkie in my life. The box is hilarious! Even my boyfriend loves her. I really hope the price drops somehow and we're able to scoop her up.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 27, 2015, 02:39:05 AM »

It felt last minute or lazy to me too. Like "Uhhh...slap an outfit on those FS Pinkies we've had shelfwarming in the warehouse! $50 exclusive! It's perfect!" The costume is cute and I would buy it if it(and other pony clothes) were sold on their own. Don't need another Pinkie(4 is enough for me) and don't need a big fancy box. Even though people didn't like the DJ exclusive, there seems like there was at least more effort put into it. It just flopped. Though I like mine just fine.

I may change my mind if it turns out that this Pinkie is significantly different from the ones they sell in the stores(like better quality or more hair, different mold), but she doesn't seem to be besides the outfit and box? :huh: Well, that's another $50 I get to keep this year at least.

Her eyes are printed like :muffin: Pony so at least she is different from a standard release even without the costume. She seems well thought out since she was based on a comic book cover variant. If she ended up in HTS for a reasonable price I would be tempted to get her.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 27, 2015, 03:21:34 AM »

Her eyes are printed like :muffin: Pony so at least she is different from a standard release even without the costume. She seems well thought out since she was based on a comic book cover variant. If she ended up in HTS for a reasonable price I would be tempted to get her.

I see, the comic thing makes much more sense. I was really confused as to why they did chicken Pinkie seemingly out of nowhere when the episode that was in was years ago. Hopefully she'll price drop for people who want her. I can see these sticking around on HTS for a bit too. $50 is really a lot for her if she just has different eyes and an outfit.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #489 on: June 27, 2015, 04:05:55 AM »
Do we know for sure that the price is $50? I know that's what bling DJ cost, but can someone at the Fair confirm?

I still like her a lot. Exclusives are always expensive for what they are. Muffin and those before her were just an FS pony priced at $30. No accessories or anything.

That being said, I'm hoping I can get Chicken!Pinkie for less than $50. ;)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2015, 05:48:02 AM »
Do we know for sure that the price is $50? I know that's what bling DJ cost, but can someone at the Fair confirm?

I still like her a lot. Exclusives are always expensive for what they are. Muffin and those before her were just an FS pony priced at $30. No accessories or anything.

That being said, I'm hoping I can get Chicken!Pinkie for less than $50. ;)

Someone who is at the Fair confirmed she is $50
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 27, 2015, 07:51:49 AM »
Looks like I'll be saving $50 this year!  What a disappointing exclusive.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 27, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »
Oh, wow! I just saw her pic on Facebook. Of course now I want one because she's a pony and I HAS CHICKENS!!! But I agree with most on the price... too expensive considering how marketed she's been compared to other ponies. I'll wait for the price to come down before I commit to purchase one, unless someone else gets a deal on extras and wants to pass along the deal, lol.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #493 on: June 27, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
I actually really like her, but her price makes her hard to justify, especially with her being another Pinkie Pie.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 27, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
I think she's adorable and the packaging is really clever, but I wouldn't spend more than $12 or $15 max on her. Shame, too...  :huh:
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal