collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap! All Finished!!  (Read 32899 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Ornament Swap! All Finished!!
« on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
Welcome to the Ornament Swap. 
A swap for us to share our love of the season with each other.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Basic Info:
This swap is about exchanging Holiday ornaments with each other.  But everyone celebrates the holidays differently, please keep that in mind when shopping.  There is no minimum nor maximum number of ornaments, you can spend the budget on one amazing ornament, or buy lots of little ones.
Please include extras in the box.  These do not go to the value of the box, but can include anything, candy, note books, pencils, hand made goodies,  Keeping them holiday themed would be great, but you don't have to.

Rules:
* Per Arena rules you must be at least 16 years old.
* You should have a positive trader/selling feedback and at least 3 feed backs for selling or trading.
* You must have 150  posts here in the arena.
* Also you must be an active member since 6 month or more!
* You should have participated in at least one other swap.
* This swap has a value of $15 not including extras.  You can go over, but please try not to by too much, and don't be disappointed if your partner does not.
* There is a minimum of $5 to be spent on extras.
* This is a random swap, please do not contact your partner directly, and do not say who your partner is anywhere else.  It is always fun to find out who your partner is when your parcel arrives.
* This swap does not have a wish list per say, but it is important to let your partner know what colours and themes your interested in.  Please make a list including preferred colours, themes, religious or not, and if you have any allergies.
* Shipping is not included in the value of the box.
* Gifts must be wrapped.
* Include a card for your partner saying who the box is from.

Dates:
Forms in by 21st of November 2012
partners assigned by: 23rd of November
International shipping by December 6 2012
Domestic Shipping by December 12 2012

Due to the rushed nature of this swap, I will do my best to only pair you with domestic partners.

FORM:
Please PM this form to me:
1. Are you willing to ship international?

2. Post here a link to your feedbacks:

3. Any Candy Dislikes or Allergies?

4. In which swaps have you been before:

5. Sent me a PM with:
 - Your Screen-Name:
 - Real Name and Mailing Address:
 - Your Email address:

When you have been approved I will also PM you this Form.  This is to go into the thread.  You can start filling it out now.  I will also add any questions asked by participants to this post.

1. What colours do you prefer:

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?:

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

7. is there any customs issues that are relevent (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Participants!
1. xeevee  shipped/received
2. madhatterda shipped/received
3. barbgirl1999 shipped/received
4. gemini_pony shipped/received
5. Marigold  shipped/received
6. keikokukien shipped/received
7. Saja shipped/received
8. mkia9  shipped/received
9. MnDancer shipped/received
10. Psivampyr shipped/received
11. Shorelines  shipped/received
12. Tikibirds shipped/received
13. Buddafly  shipped/received
14. amylynnamylynn shipped/received
15. RandomPony shipped/received
16. Eluluu shipped/received
17. wiccanpony1  shipped/received
18.  Sternenstaub shipped/received
19. stopxmotion  shipped/received

BRAG THREAD!!

Questions from the group:

Assuming everyone in this thread loves MLP, who is your favorite pony? If you like something else like Monster High, same thing, but for which character/doll.

What scents do you like?

do you collect anything other than mlp?

What types of things do you like that could go with the extras portion of your gift? Do you like certain Christmas items? Other things you buy in our extras price range? Any extra things you just dislike?

Would you prefer Christmas related extras or pony stuff ect?

When buying ornaments for yourself where do you prefer to shop?

do you like vintage ornaments?

This is a very specific question and it may give away the ornament, but would you be okay with a spider on an ornament?   A very pretty spider?

If you like G4, do you already own the ornament set that came out this year?

Does your tree have a specific theme/color that you'd like your swap box to stick to/around?

How you feel about a ornament which was unusual something you wouldnt think of being on a christmas tree?

If you hate glitter, would you mind an ornament with glitter inside it (enclosed in a glass ball so you never touch the glitter)?
Do you mind ornaments lightly glittered but don't shed a lot?

How do you feel about handmade ornaments? Altered store-bought ornaments? Maybe a mixture of both (such as one store ornament and one handmade)?

If you like to get Hallmark ornaments would you be ok with other types ornaments??? Like Med priced and on so....?

if you have preferred color themes but i find ornaments that involve some of your hobbies/collections... would you be interested in them or stick to the themes?

Dear partner do you want your extras or would you rather me buy another ornament if possible?

Feathers?  Yes or No?

are you against mice ornaments? nothing scary just a Christmas mouse

Dear partner, do you like candy canes?  Suppose they are different flavors than peppermint?  What are your favorite hard candy flavors?

Would you like a giant ball ornament?

[Approved - kaoskat 11-8-2012]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:24:03 AM by xeevee »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Ornament Swap!! Applications until November 21st!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Have fun! And good luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »
Sounds cool!
I will wait 1-2 days longer if I hear back from the official swaps to make a deicision if I can join or not. :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »
I am an ornament nut!  I might just have to join  :biggrin:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
I'd love for you both to join.  *twists sternen and ponylady's arms*

Here is my questions answered:

1. What colours do you prefer: I love metallic purple and silver ornaments.  But as I currently have no ornaments so I think I'd be happy with anything.  I don't love gold though.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?:  I am an atheist, so no religious stuff for me please.  More subtle pagan stuff is ok if it is pretty. I really don't like angels for some reason.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)? Snow flakes, reindeer, carousel animals,  I love novelty ornaments, especially based on things like ponies, doctor who, harry potter and star wars.

4. What candy do you like or dislike?  I am a chocoholic.  I am also vegetarian, so no gelatin please.  I don't really like powdery candy (like pez).

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?  While I'm sure I'll love anything that is sent to me, the idea of one amazing ornament appeals to me more than lots of little plain ones.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?  I love glass ornaments

7. is there any customs issues that are relevent (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?  Not that I am aware of.

Extra questions

Assuming everyone in this thread loves MLP, who is your favorite pony? If you like something else like Monster High, same thing, but for which character/doll.   I have a small applejack and rainbow dash army (from all the gens they appear in.  But I also love G1 twinkler, g1 baby pony, and g3 Kimono.  I do also collect Monster High, Lagoona is my favourite.

What scents do you like?  I love spicy Christmas scents like ginger bread, pumpkin spice, and fruity scents like blueberry and strawberry.

do you collect anything other than mlp?  I collect Monster High, Fashion Star Fillies, and to a lesser degree puppets and kites.  I also have a pretty massive comic book collection.  I am very much a marvel girl.

What types of things do you like that could go with the extras portion of your gift? Do you like certain Christmas items? Other things you buy in our extras price range? Any extra things you just dislike?  Stickers, smaller ornaments, chocolate, hot chocolate, note pads, cute erasers, seeds to grow vegetables or flowers (in pots though), ummm... oh, I'd love that $1 pony calender that is at dollar general or where ever.  MLP trading card packs, or blindbags from any series other than the 1st or the crystal set.  I don't know I'm pretty easy to please. 

Would you prefer Christmas related extras or pony stuff ect? either is fine. 

When buying ornaments for yourself where do you prefer to shop?  I used to take a yearly trip into this small town about an hour and a half from me, it was this amazing christmas shop full of just unbelievable ornaments.  But now I don't live in Australia, so I can't go there any more.  So I currently don't have a place to shop.

do you like vintage ornaments?  I think I would, I've never had one.

This is a very specific question and it may give away the ornament, but would you be okay with a spider on an ornament?   A very pretty spider?  I wouldn't mind a spider one.  It wouldn't be something I pick myself, but I trust your judgement partner to be :P

If you like G4, do you already own the ornament set that came out this year?  I do have it.

Does your tree have a specific theme/color that you'd like your swap box to stick to/around?  So, I haven't actually lived in this country very long.  Which means I have only just bought a Christmas Tree, and therefore have no theme what-so-ever.  Back in Australia my Tree was mostly purple and silver, but there were exceptions, I also had a lot of pony ornaments, wand ornaments, and others that didn't class too much with purple and silver.  I have kept most of my favourite ones, but all the older/cheaper ornaments have been donated to thrift shops or thrown out.  Anyways... I do really love purple and silver, but it doesn't have to be that.

How you feel about a ornament which was unusual something you wouldnt think of being on a christmas tree?  That is really context sensitive.  I mean I don't really want a piece of jerky with a ribbon on it or anything.  I think I'd prefer it to be meant as a Christmas ornament, but really I'll let you decide.  If you think I have to have it, I'm sure I'd like it.

If you hate glitter, would you mind an ornament with glitter inside it (enclosed in a glass ball so you never touch the glitter)?
Do you mind ornaments lightly glittered but don't shed a lot?
  I love glitter.

How do you feel about handmade ornaments? Altered store-bought ornaments? Maybe a mixture of both (such as one store ornament and one handmade)?  I Love, love, love hand made things.

If you like to get Hallmark ornaments would you be ok with other types ornaments??? Like Med priced and on so....?   I am fine with what ever you want to buy.  I have no particular love or for halmark. 

if you have preferred color themes but i find ornaments that involve some of your hobbies/collections... would you be interested in them or stick to the themes?  Hobbie/collections trumps theme/colour for me.  :)

Dear partner do you want your extras or would you rather me buy another ornament if possible?  I think I'd rather some extras, but I am happy for you to decide.

Do you like any certain animals and would you like an ornament of a dog, cat, horse, reindeer, etc?  I have no preference for animals particularly, if it is pretty I'll like it, and I love animals.  My favourite animals are red pandas, sun bears and horses.  I do love Reindeer for christmas.  And I also love peacock ornaments.  Especially glittery, feathery ones.

Feathers?  Yes or No? Yes

Are you against mice ornaments? nothing scary just a Christmas mouse  I would be happy with a mouse.

Dear partner, do you like candy canes?  Suppose they are different flavors than peppermint?  What are your favorite hard candy flavors?  I think candy canes are ok.  I never finish them though, so don't include too many.  I don't really like the non-peppermint ones.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:35:03 PM by xeevee »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:31:41 PM »
Aww man Dx. I meet everything but the post requirement :(

And I havent been in a swap yet. I was hoping this christmas would be my first, but the random and sock swaps never happened so I wasnt able to :(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:36:49 PM by mkia9 »

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »

I am flexible on requirements if you are short on just one.  The main reason for the post count is because it is very disappointing when you are in a swap if you partner never checks in.  If people have lots of posts, it shows they check in and participate a lot.  If you like you can pm me and we can talk about it.  If you have been in a swap in the past I'm sure we can work it out.  :)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »

I am flexible on requirements if you are short on just one.  The main reason for the post count is because it is very disappointing when you are in a swap if you partner never checks in.  If people have lots of posts, it shows they check in and participate a lot.  If you like you can pm me and we can talk about it.  If you have been in a swap in the past I'm sure we can work it out.  :)
I actually had to update my post above because I missed that requirement when first reading. My bad :/. I have made trades with other members on here, even international ones, but havent been in a swap yet. I was hoping christmas would be the first, but sock and random swaps didnt happen.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

I actually had to update my post above because I missed that requirement when first reading. My bad :/. I have made trades with other members on here, even international ones, but havent been in a swap yet. I was hoping christmas would be the first, but sock and random swaps didnt happen.

Well maybe if you post heaps in the next 2 weeks you'll can get to 150, then I will maybe be flexible on the swap condition :P

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 04:45:51 PM »
Haha, okay I will try. Thats about 90 posts, so I'll see what I can do!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »
Oh I think I want to do this very much!!!   Going to pm the questions tomorrow.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
*arm is almost twisted around*
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »
I am SO in...I will PM my questions when I am not on my phone posting.  Now, if someone would set up a sock swap, my Holidays would be complete!  LOL

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »
Well preliminarily count me in!! Haha, I guess getting that many posts isn't as difficult as I though it'd be. I'm still working on it but don't see any problem! I am active daily anyhow!!

Looking forward to this awesome swap!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:09:37 PM by mkia9 »

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
yay!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal