collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Christmas/Holidays 2012 ????  (Read 2494 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Christmas/Holidays 2012 ????
« on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:03 AM »
I am wondering if Hasbro will come out with ponies for the holidays this fall and winter?
I love it when they did that with the G3 ponies and a few of the G3.5 ones.  :happy:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:08:46 AM by hathorcat »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas/Holidays 2012 ????
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
Unfortunately Hasbro confirmed no more holiday ponies for the foreseeable future - *bad Hasbro*. Mind you it would be far from the first time they confirm something and then reverse their own decision.

I too would love love love a holiday themed pony - a unique pony would be amazing! - but the best we would probably get will be Rarity with a hat and scarf :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:55:49 AM »
Seriously that sucks :(   Well thank you for letting me know. :)

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:01 AM »
Hasbro says one thing and then does another all the time, so I would not give up hope just yet :) We probably will not see a Halloween pony, but we might get lucky and see a Christmas one! :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 08:17:36 AM »
Hey if it means a holiday pony I would so take a Rarity with a Hat and Scarf.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »

I cant cope with any more re-releases...seriously Pinkie is taking over the pony planet! :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
I so wish they would go back to making unique winter/Christmas themed ponies.  Even if it was just one a year.  But if they aren't going to do that,  I'd like it if they would at least release Snowcatcher with some themed accesories.  She was actually the first G4 pony I ever bought and it was because she was the closest to winter themed.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »
The last few Holiday ponies weren't selling all that well, especially Easter Fluttershy (but what do you expect when she was released late and anyways was just Fluttershy with flowers on her leg). I wouldn't be surprised if they had actually had a Holiday pony planned for last year but nobody ordered it. Maybe it was even the Minty that was popping up on Taobao and it is now gonna suffer the same fate as the Hope pony.

Tho last year there was an advent calendar (only in Europe cause they think American kids only want chocolate calendars) with BB sized figures. Maybe there will be another one this year.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:54:19 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
Usually we see taobao leaks of ponies months before they're slated to hit shelves, so I'm thinking if Hasbro did plan anything for this Christmas, we would have seen it by now. :( Breaks my heart to think it, because the G3 holiday ponies were totally my favorite thing about the whole line... but I'm not holding my breath for G4's. Sigh.

(Psst Hasbro you should mass produce those Minty G4's for Christmas!!)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:12 PM »
*whispers*  I'm kind of glad... at least there is another themed set I'm NOT looking all over for!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »
In the show, they have their own pony holidays (that are basically pony versions of our major holidays) like Nightmare Night, and Hearth's Warming Eve. (No mention of a Hearth's Warming Day??) I could easily see Hasbro making releases around those holidays. Since they technically aren't the same as our human holidays, they wouldn't be alienating people who are to PC to buy their kids holiday related toys, but they're close enough to keep the kids (and you guys ;) ) happy. I wouldn't expect it, though.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 06:25:32 PM »
In the show, they have their own pony holidays (that are basically pony versions of our major holidays) like Nightmare Night, and Hearth's Warming Eve. (No mention of a Hearth's Warming Day??) I could easily see Hasbro making releases around those holidays. Since they technically aren't the same as our human holidays, they wouldn't be alienating people who are to PC to buy their kids holiday related toys, but they're close enough to keep the kids (and you guys ;) ) happy. I wouldn't expect it, though.

Oh, I don't think that pc issues are really a consideration for Hasbro.  They have released holiday ponies before.  The only time I think any pc issues came in to play was naming the G3 winter ponies "Winter" instead of Christmas or calling Easter themed ponies "Spring ponies".

It really all just comes down to whether they think a pony aimed at a specific holiday will sell better than a regular pony. 

In regards to past several ponies not selling well, I admit that I did not buy all of the G3 winter ponies after they started all looking alike with recycled accessories.  And Hasbro's attempt at the G4 Fluttershy holiday pony was laughable.  Hasbro is afraid that unique holiday characters will not sell.  At the same time, they did not make the recognizable characters different enough (or with cool enough accessories) to make it worth buying another one.

Another consideration may be that most of the holiday themed ponies I can remember were Target exclusives.  Target already has it's own line of exclusive ponies so it may be that no other retailers are interested in holiday ponies.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
There's still a ton of Easter Fluttershys at a Wal-Mart I went to a couple of weeks ago :P She did not sell well in my area. I remember when she and some main six were put out by the Easter stuff, all the others got bought up, but the Easter Fluttershys were left.

But I think a Christmas Minty would be a veeery smart move for Hasbro to make!
My Wish List

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
Count me in for wanting unique holiday ponies. I dabble in collecting LaLaLoopsy mini dolls, and my favorites are the holiday themed ones. This years Halloween mini doll is their best yet! These minis fly off the shelves. I know my Target has a sign up already that says they are out of the Halloween LaLaLoopsy.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »
I would love for Hasbro to produce holiday ponies again; I loved the g3 Christmas and Easter ones.  :)

Me, too!  :). I actually waited on Fluttershy so I could get the Spring version but she didn't show up over here.  I'd take the advent calendar, too.  But I'd prefer unique ponies, of course.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal