collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Prototype/First Shot Pony- the grey one... on Taobao right now  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
There are a couple of those SDCC sample/prototype ponies for sale up on Taobao right now-  they are not cheap anymore (¥ 599.00 - so roughly$92?), but still less than the going rate on ebay.  Probably shipping and fees would bring you to somewhere around $120-  which is probably higher than the going rate,

but they are slightly more special since they are clearly the big-eyed early model that was not actually released:  Should you care to look:
[link removed ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:27:44 AM by hathorcat »

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Prototype/First Shot Pony- the grey one... on Taobao right now
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »
I'd love to own one, but no thanks. Taobao burned me once before trying to get that very pony. The seller sold way more than they actually had, and it took opening a PayPal dispute to get my money back. Maybe I just picked a bad agent, but I'm not keen on trying Taobao again.
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Oh that stinks!  Which agent did you use?  The sellers run out of stuff all the time, but the agent should give you a refund if that happens...

Just thought I'd share since I think my big eyed version is much cuter than the SDCC version they settled on-  she has thicker hair, and it is both dark and light yellow, which looks pretty nice :D

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:24:12 PM »
yes, I saw her some weeks ago
sadly it's pricey, so I thought that nobody would buy her for that price, add the agent's fee and shipping to it :C
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »
WOW!!! That is a very high price!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 11:37:05 PM »
I missed this one by a day when they first came out. I like second chances! Even if she is expensive, she is a better deal than ebay, especially for the non-released version. I am chancing it. Even if they send the wrong version, it still isn't a terrible loss.

I hope she turns out to be the right one and gets here ok! It feels like I am rolling the dice a little  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 06:43:26 AM »
I missed this one by a day when they first came out. I like second chances! Even if she is expensive, she is a better deal than ebay, especially for the non-released version. I am chancing it. Even if they send the wrong version, it still isn't a terrible loss.

I hope she turns out to be the right one and gets here ok! It feels like I am rolling the dice a little  :P
I ordered one a couple days ago and I'm hoping the same thing as you. I already have the SDCC version, so it would be rather disappointing to get the wrong one. Hopefully everything works out though! *crosses fingers*

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »
She is not cheap for sure- but I actually don't think the price is too bad, considering she is the prototype one.  Her price really isn't more than what the regular one is selling for on ebay?  I added her to my "Cart" to get an idea of shipping/taobao fees-  and it does look like she will end up costing around $120 total.

I actually think it would be way less likely Taobao would have the regular version rather than the original marketing sample/prototype version, so I'd be surprised if they sent you the regular version.

It is also not uncommon for the sellers to run out, but I've never had a problem getting a refund from my agent or buying other neat loot to substitute-  (I use taobaonow.com for my agent)

I hope you two manage to get her!  I bought mine off Taobao back in the day and I think she is super cute-

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »
My Ditzy Doo came in today and unfortunately she does appear to be the normal SDCC version, not the big eye two-toned hair prototype :‹ Rather disappointing. I just hope the return process will be less bumpy than my ordering process turned out to be.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »
My Ditzy Doo came in today and unfortunately she does appear to be the normal SDCC version, not the big eye two-toned hair prototype :‹ Rather disappointing. I just hope the return process will be less bumpy than my ordering process turned out to be.

Oh no!! :( Can I ask which seller you bought them from? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and although the pictures looked promising... sigh. I will continue to hope for a prototype, but it may be a lost hope.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:37 PM »
i wish i could have grabed one idk witch i get i just want one

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »
Can I have her? I won;t be disappointed...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 06:07:54 PM »

Oh no!! :( Can I ask which seller you bought them from? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and although the pictures looked promising... sigh. I will continue to hope for a prototype, but it may be a lost hope.
I'll PM you in a second.

I just looked at the listing again and it looks like they changed the pictures (which I didn't think was possible if someone already bought one). The new pictures are of normal SDCC Ditzy, but scrolling down through description I saw one of the original pictures, which displays prototype Ditzy.

ETA: I checked my order on TaoBaoNow and the picture shown is the old one of the prototype, so now I'm certain it wasn't just an oops at my looking at the pictures.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:39:24 PM by Zenobiaa »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »

I'll PM you in a second.

I just looked at the listing again and it looks like they changed the pictures (which I didn't think was possible if someone already bought one). The new pictures are of normal SDCC Ditzy, but scrolling down through description I saw one of the original pictures, which displays prototype Ditzy.

ETA: I checked my order on TaoBaoNow and the picture shown is the old one of the prototype, so now I'm certain it wasn't just an oops at my looking at the pictures.

Ahh ... yep, just checked mine, it's the same listing. :( So they're not prototypes, just ... previously un-sold SDCC ponies? Hmm. Well, I wanted another one anyway, so I'll probably keep mine. It's just a shame they had the wrong photo up, I'm sure it confused a lot of people.

Still, I really hope it was an honest mistake, cuz adding pictures of the less-sought-after version after the fact... that's shady. >:I
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »
Crazy! I didn't even know Taobao had the legit ponies-   pretty sure I got my pony from the same seller a while back, and she is definitely the big-eyed one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal