collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WEDDINGS!!! Who are the Brides To BE???  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
WEDDINGS!!! Who are the Brides To BE???
« on: April 22, 2016, 07:15:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

So lets talk weddings.. Who are the Brides to be on here? When is your wedding? Where did you meet your fiancé? Where did your fiancé propose? What does your dress look like?

My wedding is in late May and I am so excited.. I met my fiancé on a plan to Peru 5 years ago. My fiancé proposed 2 years ago on a beach in Thailand after a 7 course meal under a canopy. We plan to get married in Puerto Rico on a castle no less with a big reception planned in NJ the following week. I guess we have a flair for the dramatic. My dress is also very beautiful and I was very picky about it and I didn't think I would be. I just didn't like how most dresses looked on me so I had one custom made. It is made of chantilly lace and silk and has pearls and crystals on it. Its just stunning. I can't wait.

Tell me about your special wedding plans!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:19:18 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: WEDDINGS!!! Who are the Brides To BE???
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »
Major congrats!

Unfortunately I didn't have a wedding the first time around, but I'm planning in my head for the second. My sister called me tonight because her boyfriend has been talking to her more about marriage and it seems it will be a thing soon, proposing not the wedding. I'll be excited for her and with the planning. It will be nice to Eli so much with hers since I love weddings but am far away from having my own.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »
Congrats!

I suppose I don't qualify since I'm already married. My wedding was 6 months ago, haha. :lol: I do love hearing about weddings, though!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 06:31:54 AM »
Congratulations!

I'm no bride... Don't even have a partner of any degree. T.T However, I can say I get to be the maid of honor at my friends' wedding. I'm excited. It's still quite a while away, though, so little has been discussed.

|My Collection|

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 06:38:50 AM »
LOL I've been married 9 years. Congrats to all future brides though!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »
We got engaged in January but will not be getting married until some RL things settle down :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
Well my boyfriend hasn't actually proposed yet but that hasn't stopped the wedding planning.

It will be May of next year.
I have my wedding dress already which is kind of a funny story. I was never one of those girls who since they were little planned their wedding to last little detail. However I did have a specific dress in mind. After watching a lot of Say Yes to the Dress on tv I realized my ideal dress may not be able to be found. It's based on the Regency era. Well I decided it would be fun last September to just go to a bridal shop and try stuff on to see what looked good on me. My mom, my boyfriend and my sister and I went to David's Bridal. After telling the consultant about my "dream dress" she went and found me a few dresses. The very first one I tried on was perfect! It was basically what I wanted in the dress and it just needed cute little sleeves added. I was really happy that I could get my dream dress after all.
So then I decided to really have some fun and asked her to bring me a mermaid and a ball gown. The ball gown was a lot of fun and looked really cute on me but since we are getting married in my parents backyard a ball gown would be highly impractical. Next was the mermaid. When I saw it I thought for sure I would hate it. It had sooooo much intricate beading. It was this gorgeous art deco looking style. And the bottom had two layers of tule than a layer a lace before more layers of tule. It was a very busy dress and I live for simplicity. But then I tried the thing on and WOW! I looked incredible! Just sooo elegant! I didn't want to like it! It had so much beading and structure and tule and it was a mermaid. But WOW!
I didn't buy a dress that day because I was just doing it for fun. But I kept thinking about that dress and how it was a discontinued style and the one I tried on was their last one and how gorgeous I looked. I caved and went back and bought it haha I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 07:23:45 PM »
Even though I'm legally married, the wedding has been put off for years because of financial problems. Being a beautiful bride has been my only dream since childhood which is why im still persistant. Ive still never been a Disney bride with a dream wedding and that's all I want in life! We are deciding to have the ceremony in 2020, we should be financially stable by then. I have a DFTW Deisigner dress at Alfred Angelo, the LE Cinderella one, with my name on it that I'm slowly making payments on. It sucks because right now I'm currently unemployed and I've been making like $20 payments on it with $1600+ left on it. We are having the wedding in Disney World, as in, the Grand Floridean pavilion on the lakeside!!!!! I can invite 4 people to attend (sister and 3 friends+my bff is my officiant) and I get a free fresh flower bouquet, professional photographer for 1 hour, in-room celebration that includes a wedding gift package, and a violinist to play any Disney songs I want! Its a fairytale alright! I hope someday we can finally have our ceremony, its been like so many years since we planned this. I have NO parents and literally 1 relative so yeah having the whole thing to pay literally EVERYTHING by ourselves is hardcore challenging. To be honest we have to call AA and postpone payments on my dress which is depressing because I look darn good in my dream dress I want it so bad already! x3 I even have matching butterfly glass slippers from the movie to match it! Walking down that floral isle with my husband looking at Cinderellas castle is my ultimate goal, its the ultimate happy ending for a girl like me after all I've been through in life

We at least have our rings though! I have a designer ring, inspired by princess Diana's wedding ring but in a genuine certified pink sapphire with white sapphires around it- its already paid off! An arena member helped me find my husbands ring, its a black and charcoal checkerboard carbonfiber design banded in tititanium with our names engraved inside with a Disney quote, "Love is a Song that Never Ends".

For the reception, a lot of people are attending (we want to rent out this small resturaunt in DownTown Disney for $200 for an afternoon). We are getting the cake from the exact Publix store my dad and I shopped at in Lakeland, FL (hometown!) and the cake toppers are mini versions of the wedding Mickey and Minnie park "mouse ear" hats which I already own! Our signature treats will mostly likely be these bride and groom mousehead cookies I saw on Pinterest, they are very kawaii! I would make them at home and bring them with me to the reception. Party favors are these small acrylic Cinderella glass slipper ornaments, I ordered a whole bag of them on eBay last year xD

We picked out our wedding invitations, they cost us $8 each and are a pop-up Cinderella castle card with gold fireworks! I have the sample somewhere omg its the peeeerrrrfeeect invitation for a Disney wedding, something no one will throw away either because its seriously so amazing! You can play with the ferris wheel on the card, its so fun!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:13:20 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:23:59 PM »
Oh everyone's weddings sound like they will be so lovely! I also love reading about weddings, although I was never the kind to daydream about my wedding :silly:

I am actually getting married in 12 days! It feels a bit unreal and I am so so excited. The planning process has been a pain but I know it will all be worth it. We are getting married at a very nice venue underneath a pretty garden terrace. It will also be loosely Peter Pan themed with each table at the reception being a different place within Neverland. The centerpieces are so magical and my mom and I put in and lot of time and effort! We will also be having a "first look" and will be exchanging a thimble and acorn, as Peter and Wendy do in the book. I have been in love with Peter Pan and the story my entire life so it's only fitting that I used it as a theme for my fiance and I's wedding! May 7 hurry up already! :frolic:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Princess Lala

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 02:11:51 PM »
Woah, Peter Pan is really cool! *high gives because both our ceremonies will be based on popular children's stories made into Disney movies* I love the idea of Neverland tables, I would want to sit in the Mermaid Lagoon table if there is one xD

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 02:33:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

So lets talk weddings.. Who are the Brides to be on here? When is your wedding? Where did you meet your fiancé? Where did your fiancé propose? What does your dress look like?

My wedding is in late May and I am so excited.. I met my fiancé on a plan to Peru 5 years ago. My fiancé proposed 2 years ago on a beach in Thailand after a 7 course meal under a canopy. We plan to get married in Puerto Rico on a castle no less with a big reception planned in NJ the following week. I guess we have a flair for the dramatic. My dress is also very beautiful and I was very picky about it and I didn't think I would be. I just didn't like how most dresses looked on me so I had one custom made. It is made of chantilly lace and silk and has pearls and crystals on it. Its just stunning. I can't wait.

Tell me about your special wedding plans!

Oh my goodness, do you have pictures of your dress? It sounds gorgeous!!
I always love seeing gowns/ suits for weddings. Everyone should feel like a princess or a prince on their special day~

I am only 22 so no wedding plans for me yet!
Although my boyfriend is my Prince Charming, as corny as that sounds   :redface:

My Tumblr

Princess Lala

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 05:29:16 PM »
Bridal gowns, yes let's see pictures of those beautiful dresses!!!

I have a stock photo of my dress! I was lucky to get it when I did because they were limited to 2015 and are discontinued! Because I ordered it in August last year they granded my order. I got the ivory one with the multicolor flowers, strapless. I have matching glass slippers from the movie and the flower headpiece which was actually a Halloween costume prop. I plan on adding artificial yellow roses to it to make it look more like from the movie.
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Disney-Fairy-Tale-Bridal/252

Thank you for making this thread, its kind of cheering me up. I forgot just how important my goals are. I've been going through a hard time, forgetting what is possible. :heart:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:31:49 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 12:01:03 AM »
Oh everyone's weddings sound like they will be so lovely! I also love reading about weddings, although I was never the kind to daydream about my wedding :silly:

I am actually getting married in 12 days! It feels a bit unreal and I am so so excited. The planning process has been a pain but I know it will all be worth it. We are getting married at a very nice venue underneath a pretty garden terrace. It will also be loosely Peter Pan themed with each table at the reception being a different place within Neverland. The centerpieces are so magical and my mom and I put in and lot of time and effort! We will also be having a "first look" and will be exchanging a thimble and acorn, as Peter and Wendy do in the book. I have been in love with Peter Pan and the story my entire life so it's only fitting that I used it as a theme for my fiance and I's wedding! May 7 hurry up already! :frolic:

"Peter Pan" is such a cool theme for a wedding! I love the ideas of naming the tables, too. My friends chose a "Batman" theme for their wedding, and each table was named after a character. It was the funniest thing to hear the catering staff talking about "bringing more sparkling water to Catwoman". :)

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 03:47:40 AM »
my OH (charmer) and i got engaged about 2 years ago and i want pony themed stuff like invites and tables i also don't want a white dress i want a two tone pink /blue one :) but we want to buy a house first so I'm not sure when i will be able to afford it !!!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 12:18:23 PM »
Woah, Peter Pan is really cool! *high gives because both our ceremonies will be based on popular children's stories made into Disney movies* I love the idea of Neverland tables, I would want to sit in the Mermaid Lagoon table if there is one xD

*high fives back* xD Oh yes there is! And it's one of my favorite tables :) I wanted to share a picture of it, but Photobucket is not cooperating today! And your dress is absolutely stunning! I cannot imagine how amazing getting married at Disney is going to be :lovey: What a dream!

SnorkMaiden, thank you so much! :heart:It sounds like your friend's wedding was so fun! That is such a fun theme. I love weddings that are super creative and out of the box!

AFlame, Oh a pony wedding! You will most definitely have to share pictures! :heart: And buying a house is such a great decision! My fiance and I postponed our engagement to do just that and it was the best decision ever!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:20:20 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal