collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sternenstaub?  (Read 10009 times)

Schitterboogje

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sternenstaub?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »
I always thought I was a person who wouldn't get scammed.. I got so manipulated, I made a "good deal" after another.. And yes, I am glad that a finnish MOC/MIB-collector helped me out with a few prices! I would have paid waaaay too much for couple ponies..

Don't blame yourself for being a nice and thrustworthy person Siiri  :)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »
I've resisted chiming in till now, but wow - look at all this stuff coming out....  :nope:

I've had problems with her as well. A loooong time ago now, but like others who have spoken up, I too was intimidated by her 'large presence' on here. No problem with the shipping, but I bought a pony who was described as mint and she was anything but (haircuts, ink marks, rubs....). It made me wonder if it was the same pony as in the initial photo, but the photo had promptly disappeared after my purchase. I was incredibly disappointed not only with the pony but angered over other aspects of the transaction as well (she was nice as pie to begin with but boy she didn't like being challenged) and I fully regretted the positive feedback I left once we reached a resolution. I was left with a very sour taste in my mouth over her handling of things and with a resolution to never, ever to buy from her again.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2013, 05:12:50 PM »
I have some thoughts and insights I'd like to share as well, but before I do, I want to know if she is able to log in and read this thread?  Thanks in advance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »
I have some thoughts and insights I'd like to share as well, but before I do, I want to know if she is able to log in and read this thread?  Thanks in advance.

You don't need to log in to read trader support. I have read it a few times without logging in.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2013, 12:37:57 AM »
Her account was never banned, she is just not allowed to participate in transactions of any kind here. But she hasn't logged in since August.
Also TS is not a private board.

But that doesn't mean you can't post what you want to. Everything is still monitored should anyone else come in and start the thread in a downward spiral, they would be edited as with any other forum here. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 12:40:20 AM by Papaya »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2013, 06:37:13 AM »
I've never personally had a transaction with Stern. I used to talk to her some and alway found her so polite but again as stated by others people can be nice and awful traders. I will comment she did try to trade with me before, and she was overly pushy and undervaluing items that I declined doing it. I didn't talk to her much after that and another member expresses concerns with a trade they had (I won't name names they can come forward if they want).  Sorry to everyone stuck in bad transactions. I hope they can be sorted out.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:15 AM »
The fact that Staub asks high prices for ponies is not the thing that bothers me. She is in fact allow to ask what she wants for her ponies! So, that's very ok. The thing that was unfair to me, was that she was trying to make her ponies look waaay more worth then mine, she wanted lots of my  Dutch ponies for her ponies that were barely worth half of mine, trying to make the value look even. THAT is what bothered me, the lying.

I was reluctant to type, so Schitterboogje wrote down most of my story, because the thing with Staub was really bad. I left a neutral feedback and (as revenge) got one back. Suddenly, Staub left feedback for the past trades with me that she already left good feedback for, and now left it again, but negative. It was just so mean and unfair. She said i must probably been Schizofrenic, and i was the one trying to make all Arena members look bad, ruining everyone's feedback... :huh:
Stern also knew (from a WYP topic) that i suffered depression and i never heared the end of it. Also, in the feedback, she started rambling about another Arena member! That person had very well left me a feedback but S. thought she was allowed to talk about stuff that had NO matter in her transaction with me, it was just weird and immeture.
This was such a bad thing for me and i got more and more in my negative vibe, feeling really scared at this forum (because well, Stern is so respected so i was really anxious everyone would blame me/ not trust me etc)
In the end i agreed with her to remove the feedbacks. I couldn't stand the lies, there was a big chance everyone would believe them. So, i can't show you anymore that she in fact DID write these horrible things about me, but everyone who followed the whole thing could have seen the feedback that was on my profile around november 2012.

I don't know if it's OK if i type this, but i wanted to explain some in the end. I've been reading alot of 'Stern is so nice', but...  In my experience she went really cruel in the end when i confronted her with her behaviour.

I, at that time, did lots of reseach and found multiple (non arena) stories about Staub(or other aliases she uses a different one everywere), one specifically case i remember, where a non collector woman send 3 MOC ponies without tracing codes (Stern asked for) and said nothing arrived, and i'm 90% sure she ended up with both money and ponies(that happens on ebay/paypal when seller cannot proove anything: buyer gets refunded and if they WANT to play dirty they MAY have just received the stuff and said they did not.), because i heared at least 1 other story where that went that way. I probably shouldn't post the link.

I'm not that active at the arena anymore, but when people pointed out to me she was banned from trading etc and this topic was here, i had to look because of all the past i have with this woman. I haven't even told half of my story because itss such a long, exhausting thing. I hope it was OK to type this, i never know if she'll start new false stories about me after reading this..  uncomfortable now, but this is a final closure for me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:33:17 AM by hokuspokus »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 01:15:30 AM »
It's so disheartening to hear that appropriate feedback was removed because of what basically sounds like bullying. No wonder so many people were burned - even when people left feedback it was removed for one reason or other. What a mess :( I'm sorry for those of you who had to deal with it. I'm glad our wonderful arena staff were able to take action.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 02:47:23 AM »
I can't comment on others interactions but she was very nice and honest with me, but also very slow.  I won a raffle and waited 6 months for my pony.  I didn't post feedback because it was a raffle that I won, and it was nice of her to make me anything at all when I was just trying to help her out with her kitty vet bills. 

I think she means well (or she did with my transaction) but agree she probably shouldn't be trading.  I hope she still participates on the board even though she can't trade anymore, I don't hold it against her, and enjoy her participation.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »
I will weigh in and say that I had left her negative feedback for a trade that never showed up, but two months later, I got the package.  The postage dates did show that she had mailed it when she said, but neither of us can control Customs and that was clearly where it was stuck.  So I revised the feedback to a positive as the parcel had arrived.

It's not the same problem that most of you were having, but it does play another part in the "Revised Feedback" story.  Maybe the mods can create a sub-comment for feedback where you can revise it if the transaction suddenly changes for the positive or the negative. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2013, 01:23:06 AM »
Thought I should update and let everyone know that I received the package rather quickly after she shipped it the second time and Stern included a gift too so thanks everyone for helping me get in touch with her. :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2013, 08:42:25 PM »
That's great to hear, Gizmo! :)
My Wish List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2013, 08:57:42 PM »
Thanks for the update Gizmo.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »
Thats great news Gizmo :cheer:  thank you for letting us know :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2013, 07:26:36 AM »
I still haven't got what is mine. She says she has sent my stuff and has proof (tracking number). Too bad she refuses to give it to me  :huh:
 :mad:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal