collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Im having the worst luck with international post...actually putting me off now!  (Read 1850 times)

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
The US Seller is me - everyone.

And I'm working on this - I plan on fully refunding mylittleponylover92 - but I did put out a BOLO at my local post office for anything coming back damaged or from overseas. I was hoping that I could get until the end of the "mail week" (Friday - not Saturday) to see if anything will come of this. Since I live in a town of less than 400 people, sometimes I lose faith in our local post office, so I've also alerted the next largest city post office (as I sometimes mail from there).

This is the only package I've had in over 3 years that's been lost.  :huh: Super frustrating as I package all my items with brightly colored tape, big bold writing, etc etc etc - all to help it "stand out" and not get lost, but I suppose if someone drops something off a truck, it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Either way, just wanted to alert the community we've got communication going through PMs and it will be resolved! :)

First off Id like to say that this thread is by no means me 'trying to slag you off' or anything like that! Sorry I cant phrase that any better!  :P I cant think properly atm!  :lol:
As Ive explained in my PM Ive just needed somewhere to vent!  :blush:

I agree that Sunshine Pony has been trying to help and I am probably being impatient but im a nervy person sometimes  :blush: :(

updates on this will be posted and will acknowledge any help that has been given to me!

Oh, I meant no insult, my apologies, obviously my tone did not come across correctly. I wasn't intending to scold you in any way, just add some info about our system. Of course being a buyer you won't be an expert or know ahead of time about how other countries postal systems work or how long the various services take. Also, our PO employees (and the estimates on the site itself) tends to understate how long things take to arrive surface when you ask them! So I figured I'd include a couple timelines as many of my recent buyers were from the UK, and didn't want you missing out on fantastic ponies you spot for sale if you're worried about them becoming lost, or taking 45+ days to arrive. :)

Its alright FantasticFirefly, its probably me being sensitive! I guess I just kinda snapped!   :lookround:  :blink:
Thank you for your valuable info though and you're right I probably could use to be more patient but I guess Ive still got to learn how to be at 20 years old!  :lol:  :blush:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
And in all honesty in my end I dropped the ball a little bit getting on this the first time, hoping it would show up in the meantime but, obviously I'm taking a much more pro-active approach to fixing the issue for mylittleponylover92 :) So, I do apologize for that!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile

Messaging the seller was the right thing to do - you've been patient and waited long enough :bigups: Please let us know how it goes :)
You've had a really bad time with international post lately havent you? its very disappointing and stressful , but I dont think I'd let it put me off completely if I were you. I would give it a bit of time before trying to buy interantionally again though if its making you stressed :hug:  It can be easy to think that international post always goes wrong when you're in the TS forum  quite a bit - espeically if you've had a few things go wrong - but most international transactions are absolutely fine - we just dont read about those so much in here :awake:

Thanks Ringlets!
I have  :cry: Yeah I know what you mean though, it just breaks my heart since the US has soooo much beautiful pony stuff and where I live (just my area in general) theres basically nothing!  :( So its my only way of collecting certain things now so Im sure I will try again, at least from Canada anyways! Since I know I seem to get them from there even if it takes a while - the time doesnt matter - as long as it actually arrives in the end! The ponies make it better!  :P

Yeah I understand and I know theres plenty that would go fine!  :satisfied: I guess Im just really frustrated! I wish I was like everyone else  :P  :blush:

Also, a lot of people just keeps playing it down - I have a tight budget and ponies are often the only things that make me happy nowadays. I dont have much money and so when I do buy...its a big deal for me! I live alone and struggle with things often and they just help get me through and cos I dont have a lot of money, it seems like a lot I could lose if they dont turn up! So its easy for someone else to say its no big deal...when its not your money or circumstances that will be affected and when they can afford to spend more than me on their collectons!  :huh:

Im not getting at you though Ringlets, youve been really helpful and i really appreciate it!  ^.^

I just think I needed to say that as Ive felt some people just dont get how I feel or my situation!

Dont worry I dont feel like you're having a go or anything. I didnt know your circumstances and of course its a big deal when a pony goes missing . I'm sure it is for most of us -  I get upset if something goes missing too , its only natural. Of course if money is tight and you have other things going on IRL then you'll be feeling the stress even more. Please dont think I dont feel for you - i do- which is why I suggested waiting a bit before making other international pony purchases if its making you feel even worse stress worrying that your ponies will not arrive , but dont give up :hug: 

Thanks for posting here too Sunshine  :bigups: I'm glad you are both communicating to work this out and I'm sure everything will be resolved fine . Its always  frustrating for both the buyer and the seller when something goes MIA in the post.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
If it gives you guys any hope or idea of time, the package I mailed on April 9th finally showed up at it's UK destination either yesterday or the day before. She was out of town for a couple days so she can't be 100% sure when. But my 45 day time limit was very nearly up and I was sure sweating! Whew!

mylittleponylover92

UPDATE

My german parcel arrived earlier this week! Only got it now though as I had to go to the sorting office as Im out now every time the postman comes since I have a new job!
So at least I still feel comfortable with European pony buying!

Absolutely no luck with the main one though  :huh: Tried to get in touch with my local PO as sunshine has suggested since she cant find anything out her end...but I couldnt get through and then they shut for bank holiday! So Im going to try again tomorrow. Ive litterally had no time to ring as Im working 9-5/6 at night every week day and Ive shattered. Ive even done the odd night shift.

But the last time I had something held in customs (uggs from australia) I had a letter about it. If this parcel really is stucj there wouldnt I have a letter about the fees or something? Since Ive heard nada Im unsure what to do or how to talk to my local PO about it - which is too far for me to go visit quickly as its far away!

Hmm I shall try though, but Sunshine has said she will refund on the 1/6/13 so thats something!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I have often had international packages to or from me randomly take a very long time (maybe 1 in 15/20).  But in the last 15 years I've only had one international package (either from or to me) get lost for good.  Everything else turns up eventually. 

I've also had three packages now from me to several different EU countries SEEM to get lost- but were actually being held by the Royal mail or other local post for a customs fee.  In all three cases, the buyer hadn't even received a slip from the postal office.   So if I were you, I might check the post office just in case  ?

mylittleponylover92

Thanks Galatica that's really useful. I shall make more enquiries then if that's the case! I did put up my thoughts here since I wondered if anyone had more experience with these things! :)

I shall update again here when I have more news. Hopefully good news or at least some sort of compromise.

Also please everyone note...IF/when the package does arrive I will of course pay the money straight back to Sunshine! Although I don't have loads of feedback here I have a lot of eBay that shows I'm very trustworthy. It's just for now...id feel a lot better with the refund until I know it's not stuck!  :satisfied:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:45:53 PM by mylittleponylover92 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Sorry I have your money moving around - silly banks and their "we only work M-F" - so, I think after the weekend it should clear for you, and we can get this fixed. I'm so sorry Sunbeam and Minty never made it to you... :cry:

My Want List

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Did you check with the PO depot in the end? If youcan't get there easily you can always google the depot and look for a local number. Don't phone the 0845 number as it doesn't put you through to the actual depot, just a call centre. They are usually helpful if you ask if there's anything waiting on the shelf for you. :)

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

mylittleponylover92

Did you check with the PO depot in the end? If youcan't get there easily you can always google the depot and look for a local number. Don't phone the 0845 number as it doesn't put you through to the actual depot, just a call centre. They are usually helpful if you ask if there's anything waiting on the shelf for you. :)

Thanks Enolaalone thats really helpful!

I did contact them and may I say that the guy who answered is an Italian immigrant that speaks poor english? He's lovely bless him, but yeah I guess people forget that in the UK not everyone actually speaks our language! Haha  :blush:  :P But yeah - no sign. I dont know, Im confused haha.

However, Sunshine messaged me - they have somehow arrived back in the US!

Anyways thats all Im saying on the matter for now. Its not really a problem anymore.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:23:12 AM by mylittleponylover92 »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile

Thanks Enolaalone thats really helpful!

I did contact them and may I say that the guy who answered is an Italian immigrant that speaks poor english? He's lovely bless him, but yeah I guess people forget that in the UK not everyone actually speaks our language! Haha  :blush:  :P But yeah - no sign. I dont know, Im confused haha.

However, Sunshine messaged me - they have somehow arrived back in the US!

Anyways thats all Im saying on the matter for now. Its not really a problem anymore.

Sunshine also has a thread open here, and I guessed it was about your transaction :) You can see the thread in the TS, so hopefully you can both resolve this! :)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Yep, I just finished an update on that thread, and a PM to mylittleponylover92 - gonna resend the ponies at my own cost. I want you to know that not all international sales go down like this, and I just KNOW they'll arrive this time. I can FEEL it! :hug:

I'll be able to get them out this week most likely (per our PMs, making sure everything is good with that plan. :))

My Want List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I am going to lock this due to a related thread already on the issue in TS. Thanks PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal