collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I want to see all rerooted Ghouls!  (Read 5284 times)

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I want to see all rerooted Ghouls!
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
I am using the knot method for my first reroot and it is soooooo slow. I might try that one too, keylimepony, thanks!

faunabay

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
I know myself too well to even try the knot method. :P  I haven't started my first reroot but I did just order the hair.   I do know I'll definitely use the reroot tool and glue.  :lol:

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »
Another slightly dumb question just to quadruple check.

Nylon is the one that is softer and doesn't have that weird oily texture, right?

elonni

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25:30 AM »
I know myself too well to even try the knot method. :P  I haven't started my first reroot but I did just order the hair.   I do know I'll definitely use the reroot tool and glue.  :lol:

I use the reroot tool and glue as well. I'm not patient enough to use the knot method. It also sounds quite complicated, though it's probably because I haven't tried it.

Melissa

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 06:43:06 AM »
Another slightly dumb question just to quadruple check.

Nylon is the one that is softer and doesn't have that weird oily texture, right?
Yes. Nylon is what factory-made ponies have.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »

I use the reroot tool and glue as well. I'm not patient enough to use the knot method. It also sounds quite complicated, though it's probably because I haven't tried it.

For my Pirate, I used the knot method combined with the reroot tool. I didn't need to add glue, but I did anyway because she had a section where the rubber had torn a little.

Basically, It works almost exactly the same as the Tool method.
Instead of just draping the plug over your index finger, you tie the plug in a loose knot.
Before pulling it tight so the knot closes, leave it open enough to slip your index finger into it.
Make sure the ends are nice and even so one side isn't longer than the other, then scoop it up on the tool's needle as normal.
I generally put the index finger of the hand holding the tool over the needle so the hair doesn't slip off, and pull the knot tight so the hair is now tied around the needle.
Then press the hair to the tool using the index finger or thumb of the same hand holding the tool, and stick it in the head.
Pull the tool out again and give the plug a tiny, gentle tug. Just till the knot hits the rubber, and move on to the next one.
Over the next few minutes, the rubber will relax back into the tight hole, and the plug will be secure.

That method is WAY easier on the hands. I could do this for about 10 minutes at a time directly after my carpal tunnel surgery, even while wearing a cast. No struggling with sewing needles and thread or wire. I have no idea if it's faster since I have never done a full reroot using the other methods.

Bonus: You can boil perm the hair without having to worry about glue melting inside the head.

If you paint the scalp to match the hair, try sealing the paint with Liquid Fusion glue. It says it's water proof, and it's what is used in that one tutorial about how to cut off Clawdeen's ears and still make her rerootable. I have NOT tested if this will make a boil perm possible. I am theorizing that it would, but I have no idea. The one doll I did so far is not getting boiled. I keep meaning to do a test head with that, but I have been super busy with my new job.

faunabay

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »
For my Pirate, I used the knot method combined with the reroot tool. I didn't need to add glue, but I did anyway because she had a section where the rubber had torn a little.

Basically, It works almost exactly the same as the Tool method.
Instead of just draping the plug over your index finger, you tie the plug in a loose knot.
Before pulling it tight so the knot closes, leave it open enough to slip your index finger into it.
Make sure the ends are nice and even so one side isn't longer than the other, then scoop it up on the tool's needle as normal.
I generally put the index finger of the hand holding the tool over the needle so the hair doesn't slip off, and pull the knot tight so the hair is now tied around the needle.
Then press the hair to the tool using the index finger or thumb of the same hand holding the tool, and stick it in the head.
Pull the tool out again and give the plug a tiny, gentle tug. Just till the knot hits the rubber, and move on to the next one.
Over the next few minutes, the rubber will relax back into the tight hole, and the plug will be secure.
While reading this I was thinking...."well wouldn't that stretch out the plug so the knot pulls back out?"  Then you answered that right at the end.  hmmm.....   I might have to try this.  Thank you so much Maniah!!

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 12:01:06 AM »
There are some seriously awesome rehairs in this thread!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
I have these two from AcademicSquirrel, but no idea how to style their hair...the one with red has LOTS of hair, the one with black not so much.  Ideas?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Untitled by Caetikins, on Flickr

cleverLC

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
Wow, Ghoulia looks like a totally different character with those hair colors!

I'm not sure if you could put the red hair up if its super-thick--I have thick hair and ponytails and the like stick WAY out.  It might look funny on a tiny doll head. :/

The black one might look cute in pigtails. 

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:59 AM »
Everyones re-roots are so gorgeous!  :inlove:  I usually just lurk here but this is a fun thread so I couldn't resist posting:

My jaw hit the floor.  I have never seen Ice Girl or Siren CAM dolls look more beautiful.  Your girls are just fantastic, I am literally in awe.

Please no more lurking:).  Everyone here is wonderful, loving and truly supportive.  Please share more pictures of your fabulous girls with us!!! 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »
Here is my Jinafire rerooted by AcademicSquirrel in Brilliant Black, I'm really pleased with her. (Please excuse the bad lighting)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »
I agree with Michelle, no more lurking, those girls are FABULOUS!

MelodyMistress

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2013, 06:38:24 PM »
Oh how I wish i could get my hands on some fakies for their shoes and to practice my doll hairing! Since I don't actually have any dolly hair, I'd probably go with embroidery floss

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »
I hope I don't come across as a spammer, but I just finished this one that I shared in the CAM thread <3

Her names Sterling <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal