collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 94051 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1320 on: December 26, 2023, 11:03:09 AM »
oooh Beldarna I feel you... we have this problem in our house too.  it's very dry. sometimes you have to put vaseline in the crack and just keep it moist so it can mend back together
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1321 on: December 27, 2023, 01:04:32 AM »
Beldarna I've never had the heel issue, but I do get peely skin there, & on the balls of my foot, between the toes (classic athlete's foot style), the tips of the toes, the tips of the fingers (they often get sore/red/bleeding), & the edge of my scalp. It's annoying as heck & sometimes sore. I wish it didn't happen but what can I do??? I find most moisturisers too oily for me & I hate how it takes them so long to soak into the skin!!!

Ouch! I can imagine the itching! Poor thing!

It might be TMI but my right foot is a mess. My left has no problem, but my right heel gets really thick, to the point I have this tool with a razor to cut the excess skin off every two weeks. And then I have to mend the cracks that goes even deeper with skin glue and cream. If I put the glue and cream on without peeling the skin off it doesn't go as deep as it should and wont mend. And on the front of my foot and toes I have excema on and off so I have a special feet cortisone there. The right side of the foot, below the pinkie toe is also thick, and it would be so nice to shave it off, but it's not skin, it's the excema and if I would try I would bleed like I've been stabbed >_< (I tried once or twice many years ago). It usually heals up during winter but during summer I hate it. I hate how my foot look.

oooh Beldarna I feel you... we have this problem in our house too.  it's very dry. sometimes you have to put vaseline in the crack and just keep it moist so it can mend back together

When it's really bad I put on cream and wrap the heel in plastic. This crack is very deep though. I have three days off during New Years, I hope to be able to stay stil and not walk so much then.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 27, 2023, 06:35:56 AM »
It's less the itch (except the scalp, that itches like the DEVIL), & more the roughness & catching on stuff. There I am, working on knitting or crochet, & the yarn catches a bit of skin. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!! Or skin catches on clothes or something else... Which is why the finger stuff is the WORST
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1323 on: December 27, 2023, 08:22:35 AM »
I accidentally posted complaints in the Slice thread. I have a new one though, I've got grain beetles in my sugar :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1324 on: December 27, 2023, 10:28:51 AM »
ugh it's just impossible to take time off from work without being bothered. there's some issue that i can't help with. they refuse to learn how to solve issues on their own or learn which team can actually help them and instead they bother people who are on vacation. now i'm stressed out but i'm ignoring the messages. i dread the day someone gives them my personal phone number. at least when it's messages on the work messaging app i can pretend i don't see it. also i have my out of office message set so they know i'm off. i've read that some European countries have stricter rules about contacting people outside of work hours. i'm not sure if it actually works but i wish people would allow their co-workers to take time off uninterrupted.

me and my team already worked on Friday, which was a company holiday and Saturday for almost the entire night to support this project. i feel we've done more than our part.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 10:30:36 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 27, 2023, 03:45:08 PM »
I didn't get the text confirmations for my monthly shot appointment Hopefully nothing is wrong, or the texts just had a glitch in them due to the holiday. 

I'm starting to think that we might have to put my 15 year old dog down soon. :(  I'm pretty sure she's blind.  Today she was struggling on the floor like she couldn't get up and then she had an accident on me while I was holding her.  Later I heard her scream.  I thought she was having a seizure, but she had crawled under and around a cart that we keep DVDs and had gotten stuck. She had her leg caught in part of the cart and for a moment I thought that I might accidentally break her back leg trying to get her free.  I was able to get her out without harming her and after I did that she had a seizure.

I feel like I'm in the way lately.  It seemed like every time I tried to do something I have to literally scurry out of the way because my dad wants to get a drink out of the refrigerator, fill a water bottle etc....

I've also noticed that I feel guilty for not being productive. I had to literally tell myself that it was okay to work on my diamond painting instead of doing something else.  I've noticed that about myself lately, that some things that I want to do don't get done because I tell myself I should be doing something else instead.  :(

My mom was acting a little strange earlier today.  We had gone to a couple of stores to check out the Christmas stuff on sale.  When my mom was ready to check out, she thought the cashier in the front was calling her to the register when it was really the one behind the first one.  Then she didn't realize she left her purse in the basket and my dad had started taking the basket back where it belonged. I had to tell her where her purse was.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 28, 2023, 09:24:54 AM »
@Ponyfan :hug: :hug: :hug: i'm sorry your parents are making things hard for you. i wish you could get more time to yourself and not feel like you're in their way. it sounds like you do a lot to take care of them and it stinks that they don't seem to appreciate it. i'm also sorry about your dog. We had to put one of our dogs down almost 4 years ago. It was a hard decision for us but we felt like he was letting us know that it was time. he stopped eating and drinking water and just shut down in general. they have a way of letting you know when it's time. it was hard to let him go but he wasn't going to get better and we wanted to spare him from a few days of suffering or dying from starvation/dehydration.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1327 on: December 28, 2023, 09:37:11 AM »
Ponyfan, ditto what Beth said :hug:

I'm really sorry about your dog. Have you considered diapers for her? My dog had to wear them for a few days until he went back to the vet and we said our goodbyes. They are made really well these days.

But yes, she will tell you when it's time. Make her as comfortable as you can in the meantime :hug:

My complaint is about the weather. It's cold and damp and raining. It's going to stay in the 60s for next few days. It's nice for sleeping but a bit too cold for the daytime. My hands are freezing!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 28, 2023, 11:18:32 AM »
Ponyfan, it's never fun knowing a beloved fur friend is on the way out xxx Do what you can for them until it's their time, then do what you must. Know you've given them a good, long, full life full of love, & that's all you can do xxx
Won't stop the pain of losing them though xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 28, 2023, 07:17:40 PM »
:hug:  :hug:  everyone.

I don't think my parents mean to come across like that most of the time, but my dad especially does.

My mom had a dentist appointment this morning.  When my parents came home my mom had a frozen Dr from McDonald's.  When I asked why they didn't get me one my mom said she didn't think about me wanting one because she had a headache from not drinking her coffee this morning before her appointment.  She said I would get one later, but by the time we were getting back from my appointment I was still really full from lunch and didn't feel like I would enjoy it. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it does.  I think it's a combination of a bunch of little things adding up.

I went to get my monthly shot today and there was no record of my appointment in the computer even though I have the appointment card they gave me last month. I offered to come back another day, but the receptionist said I could get my shot today anyway. They gave me a compliment that I'm always on top of my stuff.  I guess they're not used to someone showing up for an appointment when they didn't get reminders, or it wasn't scheduled in the computer.

I was going to order the last two egift cards for Christmas when I decided that I should confirm the email addresses first.  So now I'm waiting to hear back from my friend if I have the right ones.  I'm 99% sure that one is correct because I sent her daughter an e gift card for her birthday months ago and I know her daughter got that.

My dog seems to be doing a little better today.  She's bumped in to stuff a few times but hasn't gotten stuck in a tight place.  I did have to follow her around for a while this morning to make sure she didn't get stuck. She doesn't seem to be suffering right now, just slowing down and acting weird.  We've thought about getting doggie diapers, but haven't followed through.  I know that realistically she probably can't live a good life for much longer.

Ponyfan

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1330 on: December 29, 2023, 06:20:13 AM »
I can totally relate to the frozen drink thing. When I still lived with my parents and sister, I can't tell you how many times they bring fast food home but not get me anything. It really hurt. I wasn't upset about the food, but how they left me out completely. I felt even worse when my sister and niece would go to the beach and not invite me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 29, 2023, 07:18:00 PM »
:hug:

My dad has been in a mood most of the day and I'm so emotional that I'm literally holding back tears.  I feel responsible for him acting that way even though I've tried really hard not to complain, ask for too much and be really accommodating so I don't make waves.  I've kept up with the bills and stuff but sometimes I've felt so bad it was an effort just trying to get out of bed for the day.

I haven't heard back from my friend yet. I sent her text on Christmas Eve telling her that I hadn't forgotten about her gift and another yesterday asking her to confirm her email address. I hope she at least got them and read them.  I don't want her to think that I'm not sending her anything.

My dad decided he had to rearrange the sunroom because the dog got stuck behind the trampoline.

I've really fallen off my diet this week. I've been eating everything I got get my hands on.  I decided to just enjoy this time and not worry too much about calories or how much I was eating.

I picked up a set of sugar cookies from the grocery store. I thought my parents would enjoy eating them, but so far I'm the only one that has eaten any.

Ponyfan

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 29, 2023, 09:51:45 PM »
it sounds like you’ve had a rough past couple days Ponyfan. :hug: Sorry to hear about your pup. Her condition sounds a bit like my senior dog’s condition towards the end. He got stuck in places as well and had trouble with his bladder. All you can do is make sure they are happy and comfortable for as long as you can.

Sometimes my dad drives me absolutely insane with the TV. He loves those true crime murder shows and I really don’t. Tonight he put one on after we ate so I went upstairs to try and get away from it. He then came upstairs and turned it on and had two TVs blasting. I went downstairs and turned the one he wasn’t watching down. I went out for a walk and when I came off it was off, so I thought he was going to bed, but nope, he turned it back on. I don’t think I’ve ever told him how much I dislike those shows as it’s his house and I know this is how he likes to unwind after work and I could just leave, but come on man, am I not being obvious in trying to get away from this? I feel like it would look rude to just leave but if I can’t get some quiet I might have to.  The real kicker was while he had it paused my mom said she was going to call her mom to talk and right as she started dialing he turned on back on full blast! Like hello?? Why would you do that when you know your wife is about to call someone on the phone? He has done that with my mom before, so it’s not like he didn’t hear her.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1333 on: December 30, 2023, 07:31:48 AM »
Ponyfan :hug: I'm so sorry you're having a tough time :(

MM, I like true crime, but I don't like when the TV is on full blast. My dad used to do the same thing while watching old westerns.

My complaint is I smell exhaust and I don't know where it's coming from but it's really bothering me. It comes and goes, so it much be wafting from nearby. I can hear what sounds like a chainsaw.

Also my allergies are really bad and I've got sores on my tongue again. I've been drinking pineapple juice so I think that's what caused them this time. It's still cold here, too cold.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 30, 2023, 08:39:29 AM »
i'm glad my parents and i have a relationship where we call each other out on our BS. not in a rude or disrespectful way but we'll speak up if one of us is doing something annoying. i don't live with my parents which does make things different but if i'm over there and the TV is on something i don't like i speak up. especially if it's a news program. thankfully they don't watch Fox or anything like that but my dad reads some opinion columnists that i cannot stand. some that i've read a lot in the past so it's not like i read 1 article and formed an opinion.

i really think the whole centrist (NYT, Atlantic, etc.) opinion industrial complex exists to make people in my parent's socioeconomic situation feel ok about the rest of the country being pretty miserable and i hate it. also "opinion" articles are not news! that's why it's labeled "opinion". opinion columnists don't need to be experts they just need a following really.

also sometimes he repeats pretty far right talking points and i'm like where did you hear that? and he can't remember but says he only looks at pretty mainstream news sources. and he doesn't interact with social media. so that's a little disturbing to me. like he'll bring up shootings in Chicago and ask why he doesn't see coverage of what's going on. and i'm like this is literally something pretty awful people will use as a racist talking point. and i also ask if he looked at news sources from Chicago and he says he didn't. so i tell him to follow Chicago news if he's so concerned :huh: he's so stuck in the 80s and 90s with some of his opinions and doesn't really read a lot of newer history. i explain why he's wrong and he understands but then he falls back into his old thinking. my mom is much better about reading and updating her facts.

anyways i'm in a mood this morning. my complaint is my allergies are crazy this morning. i woke up having sneezing fits. i feel like dust just flew in my face. not literally but my nose feels the way it does when i just dusted something that wasn't dusted for a year. the Roomba isn't charging for some reason so it hasn't run in a few days. we have 2 people and 3 dogs in here so there is quite a bit of dust build up. i'm not sure if that's my problem or if it's the Mountain Cedar. has anyone used one of those hepa filters for allergies. does it help?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal