collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help, please? Price check on a MIB and an Italy Heart Throb? (now with photos!)  (Read 396 times)

papiertiger

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello all,
I'm  new to the Internet MLP community and only started pony hunting a couple of months ago in the hopes to restore my lost childhood collection, but I think I got my hands on a couple of really sweet ponies this month.

My personal highlight is a German Birthday Pony still in it's unopened box (there is a little bump in the plastic, but aside from that the box looks great).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm not even a MIB collector, but the feeling of actually getting my hands on a 'new' pony was kind of incredible  :blush:

The second pony is Italy Heart Throb in pretty decent condition (in my opinion she's great - but like I said, I'm not very experienced when it comes to rating ponies, so I will add photos as soon as I've figured out how to post them  Photos:

I also bought a pretty sad-looking TicTacToe, a fantastic Lemondrop, a Mondfee (I think it's Moonstone? German collector here), a Baby Lickety Split, a Christmas Pony and Baby Stockings, TAF Sweet Tooth, Baby Hoppy, and a UK Milky Way with TAF white stars. I'm not sure which ones I'm going to keep yet (Lemondrop and Mondfee are two of my childhood favourites, so they are definitely going to stay), but I'm not sure about the others. So, if anyone could help me with prices for the other ponies, I would really, really appreciate it :)

Any ideas? Help?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:00:26 PM by papiertiger »

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not an expert, but I've seen Italy Heart Throbs go for around $15 USD.  MIBs, especially euro ones, can go quite high on auction, but I'd guess somewhere around $100-150? 

Definitely wait for other members to weigh in, good luck with rebuilding your collection :lovey:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I have a UK MIB Birthday pony. I think I paid like $120 for her with the box in perfect shape. I've seen the US one go for 150. Once saw a US one BIN for like 200 or 250 or something crazy like that.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
That Geburtstag-Pony is quite nostalgic. For some unknown reason a whole bunch of MIB Birthday Ponies from Germany were shipped out and sold here in stories in 1994ish and so mine was in German box, rather than in English. I always think of her as that as a result xD.

Nice find, please do keep her in her package as loose she will lose any value the MIB might have. She's not uncommon loose.

And clearly she's NOT a UK Birthday Pony, as she's in German, so maybe "European style box" is more accurate. I think that sometimes some collectors bias what they pay based on what their native language is/the language of the package, so her value might fluctuate depending on that. I know a few German collectors on here who naturally want German packaged ponies more than English ones, and they are harder to come by in general I think.  That said, there were a lot of Birthday Ponies floating around at the end of the line, so I'm not sure how common/uncommon Geburtstag Pony is now. I used to see a lot of them, but I have a bad feeling they don't show up so much any more.

Mondschein is the German name for Moonstone I think (based on my Hummelchen's card) so I'm not sure if you mean that pony or if I'm remembering wrong?

TAF Milky with white stars is European, not UK, and is more common in Germany I think than the silver star one. Not totally sure if the silver star one happened over with you, actually, but the UK had both versions.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

papiertiger

• Trade Count: (0)
@daffodil101:
Thank you for your help with the prices. I was worried that I might have paid too much for Heart Throb (simply couldn't resist her, because she's in such a nice shape, haha).

@ponycake:
May I ask you how you would rate the box of my Birthday pony compared to yours? It's still sealed and has no marks or anything (there's an old price tag on the lower right corner, though).

@Taffeta:
What a great story!! Aren't those childhood memories the best? (As for thinking of the Birthday Pony as 'Geburtstagspony' - apparently I do the same thing with my ponys as I got the name of one of my favourites mixed up: Moonstone IS Mondschein; me and my sister renamed our doubles, so she had Mondschein while I played with Mondfee xD Sorry for the confusion! I still think of my Moonstone as Mondfee, it seems :blush: ). Also, thank you so much for your help and advice! I would never open a MIB/MIC-anything (my hubby and I are Trekkies and collectors of Star trek merch, so the first thing that happened after bringing Geburtstags Pony home was putting her complete with her unopened box into one of our plastic containers; she will stay in there, stored away safely, until I either find someone who wants to buy her or get that new cabinet I've been thinking about  ;) What do you think would be reasonable to ask for her?).

As for Milky Way, I didn't know that! I checked a German MLP side and it states that the white star version TAF is from the UK. I have no clue about the silver star one, though. One of my friends had a Milky Way and I think I remember her having the silver stars one, but I could easily be mistaken here. Anyways. Thank you so much!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I think it's possible silver and white star came out all over Europe. My cynical theory with things like this is that when Hasbro ran out of one they made the other to pad out the line. There exist MOC ones in English and in German so that would be my guess:
Spoiler
From the Wiki.

'UK' has unfortunately become a term meaning 'anything not sold in North America' in some areas of the internet and it's kinda spread. I suspect that the majority of ponies that you see called 'UK' online were also sold where you are, and you had some we didn't that are also called 'UK' for some even less logical reason!

I've never seen a silver star one being sold on ebay.de but I'm not German so all my knowledge is second hand. The MOC is conclusive for the white, but I can't find similar for the silver in German with a google search. I just know that I had silver star here new in the UK as a kid, and my best friend had white. Both of them are about as common as one another second hand here, so we definitely had both. It's more than possible you guys did too, bearing in mind you used the same style card for the set as we did :)

I am not good at pricing MIB in the current market, since the prices are all over the place. Birthday Pony/GeburtstagsPony is quite popular for some reason...I am not sure what she would sell for but probably the price estimates in this thread are more accurate than I could estimate myself.

(For the record, my Birthday Pony is actually called Juli. Child logic. I had her new in July. Juli is German for July, right? And she had a German box. So her name is Juli, even now. Go figure.)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I've personally seen more German and 'UK' ones sold in the past couple of years than US (I've seen both but lumped them together in my comment, this is one of the MIB ponies I track most closely, see sig). Several of the others, only 2 of the US. German of it didn't seem very rare to me. Anyway, that's off topic, sorry.

I'm not sure how I'd compare the boxes and how much less it'd be worth with the bit of damage. Really just depends who's buying. The price could be all over the place. Upwards of $90 basically is what you're looking at, I'd probably guess it would cap off at $140 tops and wouldn't expect someone to pay more for it than that, and would think it would go for lower 100s range anyway. I think price tag makes no difference unless it's obscuring the face or something like that. But I have passed over MIB birthday ponies because of the bubble being messed up at the top or corners bent. I'm picky with this one!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Wow! Those are some amazing finds :)

I think your pricing so far looks good. Heart Throb (Italy) will be about $15 and your MIB Birthday Pony $120.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal