collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tips for regluing G2 eye gems?  (Read 362 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Tips for regluing G2 eye gems?
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:02:32 AM »
A few months ago, I decided that I needed a G2, specifically Light Heart, specifically the one that came with the Canopy Bed.

I spent $10 on a near mint one with both gems, which was too much, but I didn't care. It's actually one of my better purchases, definitely beats the $12 repainted Totsy fakie (you know, the pink one with ribbons, aka the most common?)

Well, she was shipped in pretty much a plastic baggie within a plastic baggie. No bubble wrap or anything. She has a few minor scuffs that may or may not have existed before being shipped. After receiving her, I was playing with her hair (that was intent on not laying down) and noticed that one of the gems was gone! I looked for it where I opened her, shook out the package, and didn't find it. I was really upset!

The next day, I started thinking about what to replace it with and saw something pink sparkling in the carpet near where I looked. There it was! I put it in its own baggie, making sure it was well sealed.

So basically I have a pony with a loose eye gem that needs glued. I don't know what to glue it with or how to keep it from seeping out the edges, or to keep it from going in crooked. Remember that this is Light Heart's original release so she is made of a different plastic.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for regluing G2 eye gems?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Use superglue, and put a blob on a piece of paper/plastic that you can throw away. Use a pin (or very fine object) to get the glue in the middle of the eye.

The reason for this is if you get too much glue in there, it'll spread out onto the head when the gem is pushed in :)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »
Use superglue, and put a blob on a piece of paper/plastic that you can throw away. Use a pin (or very fine object) to get the glue in the middle of the eye.

The reason for this is if you get too much glue in there, it'll spread out onto the head when the gem is pushed in :)

Agreed, super glue on a pin. :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 04:51:27 PM »
Thanks a lot!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »
Second the needle or pin trick :) Its perfect! I hope you get her looking gorgeous again!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal