collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thrift store hopes/dreams...  (Read 1485 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Thrift store hopes/dreams...
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:06:32 PM »
My sister loves to shop for clothes at the salvation army. She told me that today she saw a sign in the toy section that said "fill a bag for 99 cents"! :shocked:
I would love to see that sign and then find a big pile of ponies! :freak:
I think I would have trouble holding in my excitement! I had a dream once where I went into a toy store and it had tons of mocs and mib playsets!
These are some of my pony hopes and dreams. :blush:
Anyone else feel like this? :lookround:

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
Re: Thrift store hopes/dreams...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:15:17 PM »
That would be so awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »
My pony dream is finding a bin full of G1's at a flea market the day after I get my tax refund. If only...!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:27:43 PM »
Oh man.  I've had a few of these sorts of things happen to me.  Via ebay and non-pony related. . .

My mother and I bought a lot of antique doll clothes for $27 or so.  We got it in and found a doll dress in there tagged for a very popular and still popular doll.  Cissy, is the doll, and the dress turned out to be worth $500 alone.  Crazy, right?! 

Then, I bought a kimono on blurry photos and it turned out to be a long dancing kimono for an apprentice Geisha.  Again, a $27 item and it turned out to be something that no one has yet to really put a price on!  ( I still have it, and it's literally one of the last kimono I would sell if I were forced to sell everything! ) but best estimates start it out being worth several grand.  O_O 

As far as pony luck, mine is somewhat consistent.  I still find G1's off and on.  Every couple months I'll find some and most have been in pretty decent condition minus my .27c manky Gingerbread ( What is up with that number?!?! ) I got three Wednesday's ago.  My luck then turned sour as on the way home with the pony, we got rear ended.  :/  I still dream of finding a Rapunzel or a Nirvana. 

The best luck I've had was flea market and I got a whole bunch of nice ponies for a $1 a piece.  Including a nearly mint Winger.  I mean, factory set hair and everything.  She's so beautiful and I'm not even a Winger fan but she's now part of my permanent collection. 

When next I go see my girlfriend in England, we're going to go to Greece for a trip, we think, or else France and I dream of that and finding lots of rare ponies and being able to pay for the trip whole on PONIES. 

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
My pony dream is finding a bin full of G1's at a flea market the day after I get my tax refund. If only...!

I love that dream

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:25:24 PM »
I have been lucky enough to find two large lots of g1s at the thrift store though it's admittedly been years.  Once I found 40-ish and once I found about 100.  :D. I still find g1s on occasion now, including a porcelain a few months ago.

So, yes it can happen.  Keep looking.  You may have good luck yet.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 08:35:31 PM »
My thrift store dream is to find a single pony of any generation at a thrift store...I haven't in a couple of years now.  Think the other nearby pony-fans must be beating me to it?   :lol:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 05:05:43 AM »
I've had many dreams where I stumble across a garage sale with tonnes of G1 ponies only to wake up just as I'm buying them.

My favourite though was a dream where we were in a Kmart (which itself hasn't existed in Canada for over ten years) and found a huge bin of MOC G1s. I was draped over the bin guarding it yelling at my friend to go get a shopping cart!  XD

Elf

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 05:52:06 AM »
I wish I had awesome pony dreams like that. I still dream that I'm back in high school and can't remember my locker combination.  :(

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 07:33:14 AM »
I've never seen a pony at a charity shop but my dream is to find a whole bin of G2!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 07:38:02 AM »
I have pony dreams all the time! We have a Savers a very short walk from my apartment, so that's where I go the most. More often than not I don't find anything, but I've had enough good finds there that I keep coming back. Over the years I've found lots of G4 and G3, quite a few G1s and even a porcelain! But my dreams always manage to both surpass and sell my subconscious short.

By that I mean I have dreams in which I find ponies pretty constantly, but they're rarely about finding really rare ponies or anything. A lot of the time they're in poor shape, or I think it's a pony but not what I expected. XD My subconscious is mean sometimes.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 08:06:18 AM »
I used to have lots of pony dreams where i would find not only MIB ponies but also pony variations that do not exist. I always woke up so disappointed!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
My biggest wish would be find a Rapunzel, she is my grail and will probably be for a while~! ♥
...But I really can't complain can I? I have actually pretty much never been to a flea market without finding a pony (And I tend to find a lot more then one at a time.) and I've been lucky enough to find a MOC Lofty at a thrift store for crying out loud.
^A^; Heh.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:22:37 AM by Noepse »

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 02:37:58 PM »
I'm always hoping to find MOC G2s (or even G1s) in some obscure toy shops :lol:
And while I've never been to thrift stores, I'm planing to go to the flea market when it gets warmer. Finding anything pony related would be a success since I haven't had luck with them locally.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »
Just last night I had a dream about glow in the dark blind bags in a gum ball machine, and baby g1's in a large machine beside it, with an unusual vintage stamp on the top backside. Quite literally a dream but I loved it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal