collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Through the Mirror Pinkie Pie?  (Read 4198 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Through the Mirror Pinkie Pie?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
My first reaction was "Ick"

My second reaction (and the one that will probably get fakies thrown at me)... Good job Hasbro... you can afford to cover almost a entire pony in red but you can't afford to do symbols on two sides of the ponies? What's wrong with this picture!?

Yeah that is pretty much how I feel... I am assuming that her body is covered in the red because all 4 feet are pink all the way around... unless the finally figured out how to get their machines to do paint all the way around... but still...
this... is very fun.

sahalis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »
I'm kind of sad that people are saying she looks terrible! I think it's a neat idea, especially if they release all the ponies dressed like that for the Year of the Horse. :) I think she's definitely decked out for Chinese New Year (January/February)-- it looks like she's wearing the traditional red Chinese New Year dress called a "qipao". If you look closely you can see a mark under on her neck which looks like the embroidery on the collars of most qi paos!

diamondshy

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »
I bet its for New Years! Next year is the year of the Horse, so it makes sense with the slightly Chinese styled outfit. I hope they put out the other ponies in matching outfits!

Oh wow, that's actually brilliant!

And I count myself among those who like it, especially the silver bits around her eye.  For some reason I like this one more than Twilight's, which is kinda odd for me.  o.O

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 01:17:15 PM »
I'm kind of sad that people are saying she looks terrible! I think it's a neat idea, especially if they release all the ponies dressed like that for the Year of the Horse. :) I think she's definitely decked out for Chinese New Year (January/February)-- it looks like she's wearing the traditional red Chinese New Year dress called a "qipao". If you look closely you can see a mark under on her neck which looks like the embroidery on the collars of most qi paos!

The disgust from me isn't from the weird colors or design, it's the fact all they do is release the mane 6 characters.. guys I think it happened it has become core 7, goodbye G4 toy line.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »

The disgust from me isn't from the weird colors or design, it's the fact all they do is release the mane 6 characters.. guys I think it happened it has become core 7, goodbye G4 toy line.
You mean Core 6.. and I already seen that happen after a certain wave XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »
Ugh not another Pinkie D: And the pink/red is awful.
Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2013, 01:31:30 PM »
I am personally willing and gladly accepting of our Pinkie overlords and think everyone should be as well.

More Pinkies I say, more! *cackles and hoards away a stash of Pinkies*

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »
I am personally willing and gladly accepting of our Pinkie overlords and think everyone should be as well.

More Pinkies I say, more! *cackles and hoards away a stash of Pinkies*
NEVER! Personally I'm still Meh about this girl.. Red and Pink often can clash and she just seems like a wast to me on so many levels

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

You mean Core 6.. and I already seen that happen after a certain wave XD

No I'm referring to G3 collectors (I was never one) but a lot of people talk about as soon as G3 came out with the core 7 it ruined the line all together.

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »
No I'm referring to G3 collectors (I was never one) but a lot of people talk about as soon as G3 came out with the core 7 it ruined the line all together.
G4 was honestly doomed to begin with for later in the line.. G3 as far as I'm aware had several years of various poses and characters... where as so far G4 is only what 2 to 3 years old? And already we are seeing what they did in the later end of G3 with sticking with the main characters and keeping one or two poses... so yeah they could have done so much with G4 yet they've doomed it from the start...

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
Not sure what I think of her. I like the idea of the design, but I think the red and pink colors clash a little though. I agree she does look like she will be for the Chinese New Year though.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
I kinda of like her and I hate re-release. I might have to get her if she is for Chinese New Year! I hope they do a rarity and a new pony! (Wishful thinking I know.)
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

sahalis

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »
Okay, so translating the title, the key words are "genuine, "Collector's Edition", "auspicious" & "Malaysia".

Not sure why Malaysia is in the title unless I'm mistranslating it (though Chinese Malaysians do celebrate Chinese New Year, Malaysia is not predominately Chinese...), but "auspicious" is usually used a lot to refer to the color red and/or Chinese New Year. :) Maybe someone who reads Chinese better than I can give a better explanation.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 05:13:02 PM »
Okay, so translating the title, the key words are "genuine, "Collector's Edition", "auspicious" & "Malaysia".

Not sure why Malaysia is in the title unless I'm mistranslating it (though Chinese Malaysians do celebrate Chinese New Year, Malaysia is not predominately Chinese...), but "auspicious" is usually used a lot to refer to the color red and/or Chinese New Year. :) Maybe someone who reads Chinese better than I can give a better explanation.

The color red and the word "auspicious" make me think that she's partly inspired by the lucky red envelopes used to give gifts of money on the Chinese New Year (and other occasions like weddings/family gatherings).

Lucky money is given in Malaysia too, but only by Muslim people on Eid, and they use green colored envelopes to signify the concept of Islamic paradise. Perhaps the person making the listing put Malaysia as a catch-all term for anyone that might be interested in seeing lucky money ponies?

Water_Fire

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
Love the idea of a Chinese New Year pony, HATE the execution!

One, Pinkie? Again? REALLY?

Two, pink and red, ugh. Maybe Applejack would have been better?

Three: Why is the dress printed on?! I'd snap her up in a heartbeat (rerelease, horrible colour matching and all) if it were a physical item of clothing. Imagine how gorgeous it'd look! I think it looks kinda weird the way they've done it.

I suppose I'll have to reserve judgement till we see the finished product...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal