collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sets you don't want?  (Read 3990 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Sets you don't want?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »
Sea ponies
Eyelash princesses
Dance and Prance
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 07:47:33 PM »
For me:

BBE
Dance n Prance
Ballerinas (babies and adults)
Pony Friends (I might make a few exceptions, but not looking to add any to my collection)
Big Brother/Mountain Boys (only exceptions are Ice Crystal and Daddy Sweet Celebrations)
Rockin' Beats
Sundazzle
Seaside Babies
Schooltime ponies
Rollerskate ponies
Nurse ponies

Sets that I thought I wouldn't collect but have started collecting or want to collect are:

Collector's Pose
Princesses (second set) (completed :hearts: )
Merry Go Round (completed :hearts: )
Perfume Puff
Wingers (almost complete - just need Starry Wings!!!)
SHS
Flower Fantasy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 02:01:39 AM »
I'd say Sweetheart Sisters and Dream Beauties.
Luckily neither of them have unicorns, I plan to collect all regular G1 US & Euro unicorns. :P
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 02:21:50 AM »
I'll never forget when I twirled my Dance n Prance pony's hair too close to mine and it got caught. I was so shocked when my mom cut the pony's hair instead of mine. I thought for sure she would cut my hair since it would grow back and the pony's would not.  5-year-old logic I guess. :P

Why, that would have shocked me as well!

However, when I started collecting I did have a list of about a dozen or more sets [including the Princesses] which I said I did not want to collect....that quickly changed :P

This has happened to me as well. When I started collecting I was SURE I'd focus on the EARLY ponies and leave the gimmicky ones alone. :lol: LOLOLOL

The ponies take you into a wonderful world of imagination where horses can do things that real horses can not. I love the fact that they are not realistic and I love the fact they made them so adorable.  Some of my favorite ponies are actually the ones that are not "pony" like.  For example the soda sippin ponies, roller skating ponies, ballet ponies, Pegasus, unicorn, dance and prance ponies and happy tails ponies.  Hasbro explored many interests/hobbies and talents in the creation of each line.

^ This. I don't remember ever "playing horse" with my ponies. My Little Pony was about magical adventures.

Jemstar666

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 02:39:53 AM »
I want 1 from every set in the US/UK release, their is sets that are at the bottom of my like list, but still love having them in my herd. I have just got the last DNW baby, so pleased I now have the set, and don't really like the BBE's but will be out to find them all at some point.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 03:00:02 AM »
Most of the sets after year 6 I don't collect.  The ones I mainly focus on are the ones I had or wanted when I was a kid.

My Pretty Pony (and yet, I've ended up with 3 or 4 of them)
Brush 'n Grow
Happy Tails
Peek-a-boo Babies (except for the two boys)
Most of the newborn twins
Watercolor baby seaponies
Pony friends
Sweetberry Ponies
Merry Go Round
Candy Cane
Sunshine
Perfume Puff (except Red Roses)
Dance 'n Prance
Princess brush and grow
Baby fancy pants
Newborns
Any Sweetheart Sister ponies
Baby Ponies/Pretty Pals
Tropical
Ballerina
Drink and wet babies
Rockin' beat
Precious pocket
Baby ballerina
Teeny tiny babies
Secret Surprise
Eyelash princesses
Sweet talkin'
Sippin' soda
Fancy mermaid
Dream beauties
Most non-U.S. ponies, except for a few favorites like Gypsy, Snowflake, adult seapony variants, and some of the babies
Plush ponies, and yet I've ended up with quite a few of those.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 04:55:24 AM »
Never ever want the BBE set nor the adult ballerinas.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 06:46:51 AM »
Dream Beauties
Sweetheart Sisters
Drink n Wets
Ballerinas
Eyelash Princesses
Mermaid Babies
Sea Ponies (except Celebrate from the Party Gift Pack)
BBEs (except Frosting, from my childhood collection. I'd also like to find Sleepy Pie and her purse)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
Yes! A lot - but I really just have ponies that I remember as a kid, and that is mostly the early releases. I guess the ones I never will buy is:

BBE's: To me they are not really MLP as we never had those ponies in Norway
1st release of rainbows: None of those really appeal to me....
First tooth baby ponies: I have baby Splashes and baby North Star, but those are childhoods, but I really just like the original babies...mostly.
So softs: Never understood why they had to be So softs... *sigh*
Sea ponies: I had Ripple as a kid, and even though I loved her - I always thought it was so difficult to play with her.... That kind of rubbed off on me and made them less popular to me... even as a grown-up

And of course most of the later released ponies. I would love to get some TAFs though. Those are the only ones I don't have that I might like to get ;) 
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »
I'm not that into quite a few pony characteristics, my ideal collection would only number about 60. Here are the things that definitely don't float my boat....

First Tooth
Peek a Boo
Beddy Bye Eyes
Teeny Tiny Pose
G1 Peagsus Firefly Pose
Anything wedding themed ponies! Ha!
Brush n Grow
So soft
All Sea Ponies
Pearly
Happy Tails
Flutter
Pocket
Merry-go-round
Fancy Pants
Windy Wing
Sweetheart Sister
Dream Beauties
Glow n Show
Tropical (can't cope with the eyeshadow)
Any in Collector's Pose (weird I know but I collect the babies instead, mainly Euro versions)
Magic Message
Dance and Prance
etc

I also have certain themes that I like and others that I don't. I really like the celestial bodies and weather, music, flowers and cakes but not so much occupations, grooming, celebrations especially weddings.

It's just personal preference at the end of the day.

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
I'm shocked how many people don't like sea ponies! I never would have guessed! Well, more for the rest of us then!  :lol:

I can't think of any I would actively avoid if the price were no issue. But I can't say I particularly like the:
Sweetheart Sisters, at least, the first set
Dance n Prance (they just seem boring, though I like their accessories!)
adult or baby ballerinas
Merry-Go-Round (I know they have different designs, but they still all look the same to me)
Baby Fancy Pants
Magic Message (I'm just not fond of the "magic" symbols)
Mermaids

There are probably some others, but like I said, if money weren't an issue, I'd probably still buy all of them anyway.

Edit: Oh, and not a set, but I actually really dislike Rapunzel. I've even seen one in person, but I just don't really like her. I might actually avoid her even if I could afford her.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:26:12 PM by Elisto »

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
I'm trying to collect all the G1's, but there are a few sets I have less concern about getting fast. The mermaid babies, seaponies, and flutters.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »

Male ponies - mine is a lesbian separatist herd  :|

Happy Tails - there's something I don't understand here, aren't horses supposed to twirl their tails when they are irritated? Then again, I guess "Cranky Tails Ponies" wouldn't have been a big hit.

Lol

Anything in the Gingerbread pose - exception: SS Shady because I like her as a character
Tootsie pose - exceptions: 7-Tales Bright Eyes because I want to complete the set, Cherries Jubilee because cherries
Moondancer pose

Just wondered what it is about these ponies you're not keen on?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »

Anything in the Gingerbread pose - exception: SS Shady because I like her as a character
Tootsie pose - exceptions: 7-Tales Bright Eyes because I want to complete the set, Cherries Jubilee because cherries
Moondancer pose

Just wondered what it is about these ponies you're not keen on?

I have perhaps said this before in some "least favourite poses" thread... The Gingerbread pose looks almost like a different breed of ponies, or a male pose, maybe because the body is bulky and the head joins the neck in a way that makes the neck look thicker. In my opinion it suits the Euro daddies or the Mexi prince pony (in fact it's a very nice pose for a prince pony - I could imagine making another exception there  :P) but not, say, Shady or Sweet Stuff.

I think the Tootsie pose looks a little imbalanced because of the long tilted neck. Besides not many characters in this pose appeal to me. Goldilocks (if memory serves) was right in saying that Bright Eyes' long mane balances this pose out nicely, though.

Moondancer... again no character in this pose strikes me as particularly lovely, and yes, the sculpting is a little awkward, especially the NDS view. Moondancer herself has gorgeous colors though.

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 12:36:19 AM »
I'll never forget when I twirled my Dance n Prance pony's hair too close to mine and it got caught. I was so shocked when my mom cut the pony's hair instead of mine. I thought for sure she would cut my hair since it would grow back and the pony's would not.  5-year-old logic I guess. :P

If I were your mother I would have cut your hair!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal