collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ugg vs. off brand?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Ugg vs. off brand?
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
I've found myself shopping Ugg's lately, and I really want to buy a pair after Christmas. I wanted to know though do they hold up and last well? Are they worth the price of them? Or would I be better off buying a few cheap knock off versions and have the same results? I also work on my feet most of the day. Are they comfy enough to stand in? I wear dress shoes and tennis shoes to work typically but thought I might like these. Anyway, just asking are they worth the money?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: Ugg vs. off brand?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 08:20:29 AM »
Uggs last almost forever and feel like walking in soft fluffy clouds.

I will say though, I find the American lifting of the ugg brand to fashion shoes quite funny.  I assume you know they were invented in Australia.  I can't remember a time when they didn't exist.  The only Australians who would be seen outside in them we would call bogans.  It would be like going out in your slippers.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 09:26:43 AM »

I will say though, I find the American lifting of the ugg brand to fashion shoes quite funny.  I assume you know they were invented in Australia.  I can't remember a time when they didn't exist.  The only Australians who would be seen outside in them we would call bogans.  It would be like going out in your slippers.
Lol I'm not for fashion trends much, but after seeing them around everywhere they look comfy to me! It's hard finding shoes for work because I have to have something dress shoe like to teach but standing all day in dress shoes sucks! I usually buy black tennis shoes but they are mesh and ate cold in the winter. I thought these would be a nice alternative since they look comfy for work and cold. Lmao to show how unfashionable I am I wear a Carhart coat (plain heavy material work coats) and muck boots (for bad weather and ones people hunt in that are insulated) then I change into my other shoes and dress coat. My feet have been freezing lately in tennis shoes though and other winter boots don't look like they would be comfy to wear all day on my feet. Yeah though it seems like everyone has these boots! Oh well long as it's comfy for me. :lol:

Do the sizes run big or small? Like I wear a 9 1/2 or a ten but in one shoe brand I wear an 11 because they run smaller.

Formerly Maddie

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »
I have no idea what the sizes are like in the US I am afraid.  In Australia, they're right.  Plus they have a little bit of give.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »
I have a pair of the "classic" style; they are actually knockoffs, but I bought them in Australia so they are "better" knockoffs, maybe? haha.  I actually went a half size down in mine, they've stretched out quite a bit since I broke them in.  I had to walk around a bit in them to get a feel for it - the 8's seemed tight at first but the 9's were obviously too big, and now the 8's are perfect. 

I wear mine around the house 'cause our floors are freezing in the winter, but I do wear them out occasionally. Sometimes my feet get a bit too hot, but most of the time they are nice and comfy. The soles are pretty flat though, so if you're someone who needs arch support or the like, they probably won't be great for standing in all day. 

eta and yeah they last forever, my husband also has a pair of knockoff ones bought in Australia, and he's had them for almost 7 years now and they are still completely functional, if a bit marked up (they are the fawn color...mine are the chocolate color).

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 03:46:18 PM »
Not my thing. I wish you luck choosing though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 03:19:03 AM »
I have a pair of the "classic" style; they are actually knockoffs, but I bought them in Australia so they are "better" knockoffs, maybe? haha. 
  Yeah, in Australia, Ugg is the style not the brand.   To be called ugg there is kind of a minimum quality requirement.  Where as I think in America knock offs can be kind of crappy (from what I've heard) including being made from some very questionable animal hide. 

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »
Uggs hold up pretty well and they're very warm. I did however, have a button pop off one of mine once, I had my mom sew it back on though and it's been fine ever since. I have a pair of Uggs and a pair that are off brand that I bought from Wet Seal (clothing store in the US). The Uggs keep the shape and stand up correctly, if that makes sense  :P whereas my other pair tend to flop over. When I'm not wearing them that is.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »

lol! We always felt that way about people wearing Ugg boots here, too, trust me - stereotypically, it's usually the teenaged/young 20s girls who wear them out and about everywhere here - the types who spend time in the morning to get a "messy" just-woke-up look, lol  :silly:

I have a pair of Rocket Dog slipper shoes that I got for when I just need to run to the mailbox or into the yard or whatever for a minute, and don't feel like putting on proper clothes, but the soles are about shot now. They're definitely not meant to be out-and-about everyday wear!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 04:02:36 PM »
I bought a pair in Chestnut for my sister when she was in hospital.  My Mum and Dad chipped in £50 each as well, that's how expensive they were! But, she loved them and was very appreciative.  But we got them for her to wear inside and I don't think she wears them outside.  I don't like to judge people for wearing pyjamas and things outside but I know a lot of people do, so if you're looking for work shoes I'd say maybe buy some leather ankle boots and put trainer inserts in, it worked for me.  I keep them clean and polished and they have a nice zip detail, so they have personality but don't look as much like lounge wear.  From what Kat says I think UGGs are worth the money, but I don't own any myself.  I tried them on though and they were fantastic.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
I'm going to grab a pair after Christmas. I know what you mean saying that people seem to wear them around a lot. It seems to be everyone has gotten into wearing the boots, leggings and long shirts and I'm not a huge fan of it. I'd actually be tucking my jeans into them. :P I'll definitely have to get some though my feet have been cold at work in my sneakers.

Formerly Maddie

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 12:05:49 PM »
I love mine because they keep my feet warm.   I'm even considering getting another pair in a different color.

But they run big.  I normally wear an 8, but in Ugg sizes I wear a 7, if that helps with sizing.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »
I love my Uggs!  I have the Button Bailey style and I wear them every chance I get.  Very warm and comfy.  I second the size on these.  Go a size smaller than normal and they will fit just right.  You won't be sorry you bought them!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 10:22:26 PM »
I bought the off brand and they lasted for about a year. My uggs are about to hit four. I also found that the uggs keep your feet dry, but the off brands can get soaked through. My mom's uggs are on their fifth year. Heavy use, too, since we both only have the one pair to wear all winter. I definitely recommend spending it on the uggs.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »
I ended up getting the tall Bailey Bows but I went a size bigger because all the reviews said with those the fur lining was so thick that a size smaller made them too right. They feel awesome and I just love them!

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal