collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interested in Prints?  (Read 1093 times)

SnowsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
Interested in Prints?
« on: July 18, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »
 Hello every pony!

I figured I post this here because I may get more of a response from it.  I am thinking of doing some My Little Pony type prints. Mostly because I want to try and prepare for the next My Little Pony fair. I just don't know when or where that will be. I know this year's been out of the question but... I really wanna try for next year.

The thing I wanna know, however, is; would anyone be interested in any prints if I did some?  Which characters or scenarios would you like? Would anyone like to commission me for some of their very ow stylized prints?

And yes, in case anyone is wondering I did make a post in the commission artists thread.  I just hope to get a quicker response here.  HOPE being the big word.  ^^

Anyway, I am a HUGE G1 fan, but I realize that with MLP; FIM there is a HUGE new fan base so I may have to figure that in, as well.  Maybe try to combine the two somehow.  Not sure yet.

http://equigoyle.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4vvn24
    http://equigoyle.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4vvmho
    http://equigoyle.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4kvv5a
    http://equigoyle.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d30or08
    http://equigoyle.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d30ezap

Most of the pictures above I have posted here before, but I couldn't find the original post. OR I was just getting too impatient.  Anyway, I just wanted to re-post them so y'all could give me some feedback on what else I could do.  Some of you HAVE been to the fair before, I assume?  What sort of art work, if any, sells the most there?  Does any artwork sell at all?

I would really like to give my hand a try at this but... I'm a little leery too. The less feedback I get the more I feel it's just not worth the time, y'kknow?  But I want to try to be a little more involved in the MLP community too.    I could really use some insight and stuff on this.

Thanks in advance!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Interested in Prints?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:50 PM »
Your art looks fantastic, you put a lot of detail into the ponies and the backgrounds  :)  Best of luck with your commissions!  :hug:  (Don't be discouraged if you're not flooded with requests, the commission market is a bit down lately and a lot of people are struggling)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »
You do some lovely art but like Zen says right now folks are a hurting.  As to what to do for a fair, usually the popular characters are what are going to sell.  Small things like name badges and buttons.  Small prints and lots of em.  Maybe even try your hand at bumper stickers.  Have not seen too many of those around.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SnowsLove

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »
You do some lovely art but like Zen says right now folks are a hurting.  As to what to do for a fair, usually the popular characters are what are going to sell.  Small things like name badges and buttons.  Small prints and lots of em.  Maybe even try your hand at bumper stickers.  Have not seen too many of those around.

So mostly FIM ponies then? Are there any G1 ponies I should stick with as well?  I wonder if I could do a mix of 'em?

Also, how soon do we know when the next fair will be?

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 12:20:06 AM »
I'd do a mixture of FiM and G1 ponies.  While the bronies are a massive force on the internet, the fair still draws a huge crowd of the older collectors.  I think some of the perennial favorites from the older gens would be a safe bet too.  Any of the Big Brothers or Mountain Boys, Firefly seems to always be popular, maybe some sea ponies and babies?  I personally love Little Flitter art, but I'm super biased about her.  :lol:

For the FiM ponies, you can do miss :muffin: Pony, the DJ pony, Dr. Whooves, and some of the other favorites (I'm a little behind on who is popular, but I see those ones a lot.  I think Big Mac is popular too)

SnowsLove

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
I'd do a mixture of FiM and G1 ponies.  While the bronies are a massive force on the internet, the fair still draws a huge crowd of the older collectors.  I think some of the perennial favorites from the older gens would be a safe bet too.  Any of the Big Brothers or Mountain Boys, Firefly seems to always be popular, maybe some sea ponies and babies?  I personally love Little Flitter art, but I'm super biased about her.  :lol:

For the FiM ponies, you can do miss Ditzy Doo, the DJ pony, Dr. Whooves, and some of the other favorites (I'm a little behind on who is popular, but I see those ones a lot.  I think Big Mac is popular too)

Well, that gives me food for thought, at least. Thanks!  :)

Also, how do we find out in advance where and when the next fair will be?  I'd like to plan ahead so I can make sure I am able to attend.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
We'll have to wait a little while for the announcement.  I'm not even sure they've chosen the location yet.  I'm hoping it's on my side of the country next year, I desperately want to go!

SnowsLove

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »
We'll have to wait a little while for the announcement.  I'm not even sure they've chosen the location yet.  I'm hoping it's on my side of the country next year, I desperately want to go!

ME too. I'm closer to the west coast.  Well, not REALLY close. I live in Utah but.... y'know.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
I'm in Colorado, we're neighbors!  ;)  I keep trying to convince everyone that it's lovely here in the summer and that we would host a pretty snazzy convention.  :lol:

SnowsLove

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 07:09:28 PM »
I'm in Colorado, we're neighbors!  ;)  I keep trying to convince everyone that it's lovely here in the summer and that we would host a pretty snazzy convention.  :lol:

Wow!  That's cool!

I wonder why they don't try the more western states? Maybe they think we're a bunch a duds?  All dull and no fun?  XD

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
Well, it's been in Vegas before (I believe the year before I joined) and I think California a couple times.  The fairs seem to usually be pretty coastal.

SnowsLove

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
Well, it's been in Vegas before (I believe the year before I joined) and I think California a couple times.  The fairs seem to usually be pretty coastal.
[[

I wonder why? Are the moderators and those folks involved in putting them together afraid of tornadoes or something?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:53 AM »
Have you thought about opening an Etsy account as well to sell your art? 

And the Fairs change location as the coordinators like to move back and forth across the country so people get a chance to attend.  Mostly they try to hold the Fair in places that are not so expensive, have lots of flights going into them, and have decent attractions for non-pony folk coming with pony folk. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SnowsLove

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »
Have you thought about opening an Etsy account as well to sell your art? 

And the Fairs change location as the coordinators like to move back and forth across the country so people get a chance to attend.  Mostly they try to hold the Fair in places that are not so expensive, have lots of flights going into them, and have decent attractions for non-pony folk coming with pony folk. 

That makes sense.  And, no, honestly, I haven't thought of an etsy account. I've never really been on there.  Could I do MLP prints and such there, as well as sell original prints and be open for commissions?  Is it a bit like DA?

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 01:48:44 AM »
[[

I wonder why? Are the moderators and those folks involved in putting them together afraid of tornadoes or something?

lol, the mods don't have a say really.  It's all the fair staff  :)  I'm not sure why it's been so east coast-oriented lately, but our time will come.  :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal