collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interested in Prints?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in Prints?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 04:49:41 AM »
Have you thought about opening an Etsy account as well to sell your art?   

And, no, honestly, I haven't thought of an etsy account. I've never really been on there.  Could I do MLP prints and such there, as well as sell original prints and be open for commissions?  Is it a bit like DA?

Etsy is a great advice! You should check it out. You could absolutely sell prints, original prints and be open for commision on Etsy. That is mainly what you would do there. A part from DA, Etsy is more accessable for non-artists as well. I haven't been much on DA because I am no artist - at all. Etsy is for selling your work, so lots of people check in there only to buy stuff. And you could sell other stuff there too (like vintage ponies and accessories). I love etsy, and lately there seems to be more and more MLP related stuff there too.

I think G1 stuff is always welcome. Some of the more popular ones like Gusty and Firefly might sell well. Also, the flutters (I love them at least!) and the original baby ponies. How about some of the rarer ones too? Like Mimic? I'm not sure about that though, she is expensive for a reason, but I don't know how huge fanbase she really has...

FiM is a safe bet I think, but on the other hand - it will probably be TONS of FiM related stuff there. A good mix might be the best thing, and G1 with G4 seems to be the most popular generations. 
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SnowsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 06:11:48 PM »
Have you thought about opening an Etsy account as well to sell your art?   

And, no, honestly, I haven't thought of an etsy account. I've never really been on there.  Could I do MLP prints and such there, as well as sell original prints and be open for commissions?  Is it a bit like DA?

Etsy is a great advice! You should check it out. You could absolutely sell prints, original prints and be open for commision on Etsy. That is mainly what you would do there. A part from DA, Etsy is more accessable for non-artists as well. I haven't been much on DA because I am no artist - at all. Etsy is for selling your work, so lots of people check in there only to buy stuff. And you could sell other stuff there too (like vintage ponies and accessories). I love etsy, and lately there seems to be more and more MLP related stuff there too.

I think G1 stuff is always welcome. Some of the more popular ones like Gusty and Firefly might sell well. Also, the flutters (I love them at least!) and the original baby ponies. How about some of the rarer ones too? Like Mimic? I'm not sure about that though, she is expensive for a reason, but I don't know how huge fanbase she really has...

FiM is a safe bet I think, but on the other hand - it will probably be TONS of FiM related stuff there. A good mix might be the best thing, and G1 with G4 seems to be the most popular generations. 

I've noticed that, too.  About the G1 and G4 ponies being the most popular, I mean. ^^

I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be breaking any copyright rules trying to sell prints of MLP on Etsy.  I have some ideas already sketched out and such... but would it work? Or would the fair be my best bet?

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 01:28:27 AM »
I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be breaking any copyright rules trying to sell prints of MLP on Etsy.  I have some ideas already sketched out and such... but would it work? Or would the fair be my best bet?

I understand that, but you're not going to break any more copyright laws selling on etsy, than you will selling on the MLP Fair or any other places ;) I did a search there - and just with MLP drawings it came up quite a few. I'm going to put up a link as etsy isn't auctions: http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade/art/drawing?q=my+little+pony&view_type=gallery&ship_to=ZZ&min=0&max=0

If you are still in doubt about the copyright, I would ask Hasbro directly. Your drawings however aren't copied directly from MLP - they are just MLP inspired, so I would think it would be fine :) Good luck! I can't wait to see more of your work!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal