collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Childhood G1's  (Read 769 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
My Childhood G1's
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
I have been in such a sentimental mood lately, so I thought I would draw a picture featuring my most treasured G1's.  Figured when I'm old and grey, even if I don't have the actual ponies, I can keep the picture and remember fondly the memories :lovey:  So without further ado, here's the pic!  I finally got the scanner up and running lol.  Here's the updated pic.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Merry Treats:  I remember back in the early '90s, my mom and I lived in our favourite house EVER!  And we celebrated our favourite Christmases there.  One of my favourite presents that I ever received was a nicely-wrapped Merry Treats :lovey:  So basically she represents the beautiful holiday season my mom and I spent together. 

Medley:  I really don't remember much about her, other than she was always one of my favourites.  She was green, and green was my favourite colour, lol.  I also LOVED her music symbols. 

Daddy Sweet Celebrations:  He was my only boy, lol.  Not to mention, I wish you guys knew how incredibly hard it was to save my allowance each week (mom always called it "Payday", since she would give me some money on Fridays, when she got paid as well).  Every Friday, we would go to the Dallas Galleria, back when it was a fun place to shop.  She'd give me money, and I just could never save it, so I would blow it in the toy store, lol.  However, I do recall actually saving money, and the result of said saving was the Sweet Celebrations family!  Daddy was my favourite, as he was a boy (my only one), and he was one-of-a-kind to me.

And finally, my pride and joy, Baby Sweetsteps!  Now I got her on a shopping trip to Snyder Plaza with my mom!  There used to be this store called Ben Franklin (I don't know if there are any more stores, but the one in Snyder Plaza is gone now :( )  Mom bought a clock shaped like the state of Texas (which we still have, by the way!), and I bought Baby Sweetsteps.  I still have a pic from the day I bought her!  That fountain is still there, right smack dab in the middle of Snyder Plaza.  Unfortunately, you can't sit on it anymore, as they put a bunch of flowers by it.  As you can tell, I was never very patient as a child, as I tore the heck out of that box so I could hold her and play with her! 

Anyway, sorry for this long post!  LOL.  I just really needed this trip down memory lane...thanks for looking, and for reading, if you managed to have the patience to read this whole thing, haha. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:38:08 PM by Pinkie21 »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: My Childhood G1's
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »
That is so sweet, there's nothing quite as special as your childhood ponies.  :lovey:  I love the pose you used for Baby Sweetsteps!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »
That's a sweet picture & so are the stories. It's really cool that you have the picture!

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:26:42 AM »
It is, it really is. Do you still have those ponies?
should be perma-moderated

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »

I sure do!  Well, I don't have the exact same ponies (we moved so often, and every move, I found that more and more of my toys had been given away), but in the early 2000's, I began collecting again and got these babies back :lovey:  I admit though, I pretend that Sweetsteps is my original.  It just helps me when I'm anxious or depressed, and can come to her and cuddle with her, and have myself believe she's the same one from my youth :)  I guess it sounds silly, but it really does help me :P

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
How adorable!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »

I sure do!  Well, I don't have the exact same ponies (we moved so often, and every move, I found that more and more of my toys had been given away), but in the early 2000's, I began collecting again and got these babies back :lovey:  I admit though, I pretend that Sweetsteps is my original.  It just helps me when I'm anxious or depressed, and can come to her and cuddle with her, and have myself believe she's the same one from my youth :)  I guess it sounds silly, but it really does help me :P

That doesn't sound silly at all!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 07:16:47 AM »
I agree, I know the feeling.
should be perma-moderated

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »
Awwww cute art for an adorable reason.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 01:16:13 AM »
Theyre lovely, I like the Ballerina one best!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal