collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Online Zumba Classes- Inspire Me!!!!  (Read 8052 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Online Zumba Classes- Inspire Me!!!!
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:15 AM »

Who has time to go to the gym? And even if you do, who wants to get into workout gear and go sweat in public for an hour?!! Oh, you've tried the videos and yeah, the dances were kinda fun, but come on; those are NOT real people! They are humanoids made of metal!! LOL Can real people actually move like that?! Wouldn't it be great if there was legitimate online version of Zumba Fitness, someone out there who could teach you to have fun while not hurting yourself trying to get healthy? XD

I am a licensed Zumba Fitness Instructor and a certified member of the "Zumba Instructor Network" (or ZIN for short) but I'm not currently teaching any classes. Due to vehicle "restraints" I'm currently stranded at home making it impossible to teach at a locale for the time being...

But!

What I really want to do is teach Zumba online! I've got the space, the video equipment, I just need some lights and curtains and maybe a sound guy (luckily for me I have a couple of those available, too! :P ) It probably wouldn't cost me more than a couple hundred dollars to be ready to teach an online class. I just need the inspiration to make it finally happen!!

As much as I wanted to try and arrange free classes, I can find no free services that are not open to the public, (such as Youtube) and providing public classes are against ZIN agreements. ;)  I've decided to try "GotoMeetings" for my host- they offer a reasonable service for a class of 15 and it looks like if I charge about $2 per person for a class that size I can make enough to pay for expenses, have enough left to cover my monthly instructor dues and a couple of ponies every month. :) At three classes per weel that would be $24 a month for 12 classes. And since Goto offers the first month free I should be able to offer my first month for half price! :frolic: In order to claim one of the 15 'slots' as yours I would request that months payment (non-refundable, unless I am unavailable for class; not likely) be made in advance, due at the first of every month. Of course, "walk-ins" (hee hee) would be welcome at any time when there is room!  :biggrin:

I was thinking I would start with three to five classes a week and offer at least three beginners classes and maybe a couple of intermediate depending on interest. The dance routine would be pre-recorded and uploaded to goto enabling me to be available to chat for all students during our class hour for any questions, problems, or anything else needed. This also provides the student the opportunity to pause the dance for a drink of water, a bathroom break, to ask a question, ect.

Classes would last one hour, with approximately 45 minutes of dance uploaded, Including both a warm-up and a cool down, per class. Routines would most likely change on a monthly basis and of course different routines could possibly become available for Intermediate and Advanced classes should there be enough interest.

So! IS there any interest??!! I'd love to make this happen, but I need students to try it out and see if it can actually work as well as I think it can. Either way, whether you want to party with me Latin style or not, I appreciate you taking the time to read this! :frolic:

Cheers!
Cherry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:37:37 AM by kCherry »

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Online Zumba Classes- Inspire Me!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
I would LOVE to take your Zumba class!  I'll have to see if I can scrounge up some extra money  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »
I might be interested. A lot would depend on the class times honestly. (BTW there is a setting for Youtube where people can ONLY get to links IF you share the URL, that's how I have my videos uploaded).

But it sounds good and the $24 is about what I'd spend if I took classes at the local community center here, and frankly it's a lot more classes. =) I think it's a great idea myself.

Maybe be available for chat at certain times but let the videos be available whenever we have free time? Also, would there be switching allowed between classes? Somedays I'm feeling more coordinated than others so an intermediate class would be fun.

Offline Lucky4leafclover

• Trade Count: (+129)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleLuckyClover
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »
I am so down for this. My problem is I am out of shape, and I have some physical limitations (Lupus and Fibromyalgia and hip degeneration) Nothing too extreme, but it does cause me to get tired easily and limits my flexibility. I'll admit I used to be able to do more and have better range of motion but I haven't been keeping up with exercise. Would someone like me still be able to participate? Would it be a log in at your own time class, or would it be required a specific time and day each week? Any video requirement on our end?

Offline Chai

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • yoga pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:59:51 AM »
I have the same question as Lucky4leafclover. :) I am super interested though, I'm a shy, clumsy person and sweating in a gym with lots of people I don't know is not my cup of tea... but this sounds perfect!

thanks to sunnyrain for my avatar and sweetmelons for my sig.

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
Oh how fun! I really would, but I guess the time difference would be a killer for me. lol. I don't think my body would be too happy if I got up at 4 am to do Zumba. :silly:

Also I'm just returning from the gym. 1.5 hours sweating in public. Yay. (no lie!!!)  :accomplished:

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 01:56:11 PM »
I have been curious about Zumba and quite frankly I really need to lose some weight but have a hard time getting motivated, was hoping Zumba might be the fun way to do so. Problem is I am very very out of shape and have a baby to work my schedule around. I would be interested in this.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »
Sounds neat! Good luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »
Also, for those of us who apparently live under rocks.....could someone elaborate on what, exactly, Zumba is??  I gather it's some popular form of exercise, since I keep seeing classes advertised in my area......but what the heck IS it??

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »
I may be interested, once I get a little fitter, I did zumba at home a little while ago to try it out, and ten minutes later I thought I was going to die! lol! I was so stuffed, its a really good workout, I am just super unfit, and I was smoking at the time too, I recently quit which will probably help :)

And TT - Zumba is a dance workout, its got like music & different dance styles that just about anyone can do, to make your whole body work out, its good fun and a real good workout.

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 08:39:37 AM »
I'd love to do it! timing might be an issue, though. I'd definitely do it if there was a way to have the videos available for more than one time slot; my husband's schedule is irregular and we have 2 kids, so I kind of need flexibility. And assuming it was available outside of the US, of course. :)

Disregard the Prologue

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 08:53:02 AM »
Yayyy!! :cheer: I'm soo glad to see some interest!!!! :frolic: That's certainly the inspiration that I was looking for!! :happy:

And great questions, too!! I'll be adding a couple of links to the Original Post (hopefully this afternoon) including the waiver that Must be signed to join the class, a fantastic Youtube video that gives you an idea of real people dancing Zumba-style, as well as an article or two about Zumba Fitness.

Yes, you can sometimes still participate in a Zumba class if you have health restrictions. You should Always consult your doctor before beginning any regular fitness routine and 'Zumba' certainly falls under that category! The key is to know your body's limitations and push them gently, without injuring yourself! Starting slow is the key! Baby Steps! :lovey:

If you are seriously interested in joining the class let me know what time zone you are in and the best times for you; I will do my very best to accommodate as many people as possible! I'd love to have you puuush! But, I can't say I'd be interested in getting up at 3AM to dance either!!!! LOL

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »
Massive congrats on quitting smoking fingerpaints! :D I have also quit (1 year yay!), isn't it great?

I'd possibly be interested too if it is available for those of us outside of the US and if I'm able afford it at the time :)
:fox:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
Count me in!  (Have to get car fixed this month, so I'd be in next month)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »
Mountain time here  :)  I'm available all day right now, having no job and all... but I hope to end the unemployment ASAP and will be available in the evenings (after 6pm or so my time)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal