collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Uncommunicative seller, what to do?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Uncommunicative seller, what to do?
« on: April 16, 2023, 02:27:14 PM »
So I love Mercari's Pay in 4 offerings. They enable me to get so much more than I could before. I do not like Zip's merchant fees adding $3 or $4 to the purchases, but I put up with it if I need to use Pay in 4. I like PayPal's even better because it doesn't add extra charges. I tried to purchase something with PayPal's Pay Later because it was listed as an option, but instead it charged me the full amount all at once. I couldn't do that, so I had to request a cancellation and explained why. It probably sounded really weird, as the price of the item wasn't that high and normally it wouldn't have been a problem to drop the whole amount at once, but right now it's not an option. But the seller agreed to the cancellation. They did not, however, actually respond to my messages. I don't know whether they think I'm a complete weirdo and they do not want me to repurchase the item with Zip as I said I'd do or if they figured I just would and that's why they didn't respond. I sent a message to ask if they still wanted to do business and haven't heard back. I don't know whether I should do nothing and keep waiting or go ahead with the repurchase using Zip. It could just be that it's the weekend, but it was the weekend yesterday and they let the cancellation go through while not responding then either.

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
Re: Uncommunicative seller, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 03:59:19 PM »
 Admittedly, I don't know much about Mercari or Zip, but from what I gather here, I would just send the seller a message letting them know that Pay Later went wonky when you made the purchase and that you will be using Zip this time, then go ahead with the purchase. Even if they don't respond to your messages, they probably do read them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 09:43:24 AM »
I have Mercari. I can say from experience that I was a constant messenger about a onesie I ordered once and I didn't get any replies from the seller. But in their review part they gave me "excellent communication". For your question for the community I would say the seller might be busy with work or something else could be the reason they might not have gotten back. Or something came up in their life.  :blink:
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 01:48:04 PM »
Well, I did get a reply, a very nice one, and it looks like it came yesterday! I wish Mercari's notification system was better. No matter how I check, I often find that messages were sent hours before I can even see them!

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 09:03:32 PM »
Well, I did get a reply, a very nice one, and it looks like it came yesterday! I wish Mercari's notification system was better. No matter how I check, I often find that messages were sent hours before I can even see them!
Oh thats new to me. Maybe try re starting your device if possible?  :blush:
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 12:24:29 PM »
I've tried updating, and I think I've tried restarting, but I haven't restarted since updating, so it's worth a try!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal