collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Most Devastating Pony Story  (Read 3313 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Tell Us About Your Most Devastating Pony Story
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
Tell Us About Your Most Devastating Pony Story,

:yikes:
:accomplished:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tell Us About Your Most Devastating Pony Story
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
I guess it's not awfully devastating people have had worse but when I was about 15 I was made to give up my childhood collection because I was 'too old' for them  :mad:

I had some great ponies, I had a variant Princess Royal Blue (I found out she was a variant when I saw the picture on a forum), I had baby Susie and Baby Billie, the sweetie babies (ie Baby Liquorice), the sweet celebrations, bright bouguet and apple delight families, Tex, Salty, a NM Quaterback, Barnacle, and those are just the really good ones I can remember I had at least 60 ponies all in fairly good condition. The only two in poor condition that I can think of were my very first Lemon Drop, and my Cherry Treats both of whom had makeovers.

I miss them ponies, I would have quite a collection if I still had them.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
Well, mine would have to be when I've seen little girls leave ponies in the sandbox! :cry: I've seen them left out in the garden and in the rain too! It's a crying shame the way some kids treat their ponies...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
That would probably my memory of my mother throwing my complete Paradise Estate in the trash during a spring cleaning. I was a teen who was indifferent about it at the time, but looking back on it now as an adult MLP collector, it just kills me.  >_< I still have the video of me opening that thing on Christmas one year and absolutely loosing my mind, lol. It was my favorite toy, and in hindsight, I really wish I had prevented it from being tossed.

In my family, once you were no longer using something, it was considered unnecessary to hold on to and either thrown away or donated. I kind of wish it had been given away alongside my childhood MLP's and appreciated, it just seems like such a waste. My ponies were all passed off to my mother's friend's daughter, but her friend couldn't find room in her daughter's bedroom for the PE, so in the trash it went. Blah.

Someday if I ever have the space myself, my goal is to track it all down again. :) It likely won't be any time soon though.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:51:25 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
Mine would be when my dad gave one of my ponies to my dog for a chew toy. I happened to have three of that pony, but that's not the point. :C

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:53:25 AM »
I had gotten Baby Flicker the drink and wet baby and took her to my friends house. I left her in the backyard and her Rottweiler ate it LOL. I was so horrified, my mom took me the the store to get me another, and got me baby leaper so I was happy again. But i still remember the utter horror of that moment lol

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:55:09 AM »
Mine would be when my dad gave one of my ponies to my dog for a chew toy. I happened to have three of that pony, but that's not the point. :C

My dads cats destroyed my G3 Minty (which was a gift) and my G3 unicorns pfft, it's my fault though for not taking them straight away when I moved out, it's not awfully devastating though because I will be able to get them again at some point G3s aren't exactly hard to come by.

A whole Paradise estate in the bin eeeek, I think that's where my hair salon with TAF Fifi went if I remember correctly but it wasn't my favorite so I don't mourn it's loss so much.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »
I was made to box up my ponies when I was younger because I had too many. So I only kept a few of them about 10 of them....well 10 years late when I searched the attic for them my mom told me she threw them all out cause they looked all gross and like an animal got into them:( I know I had at least 60 or more ponies....and we lived on a farm so we burned our trash:( so 50 plus ponies were burned and I was unaware of it, until I wanted to find them again.

Post Merge: April 25, 2013, 11:52:18 AM

One of them was Perm Shop Fifi and the Perm Shop
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »
I was made to box up my ponies when I was younger because I had too many. So I only kept a few of them about 10 of them....well 10 years late when I searched the attic for them my mom told me she threw them all out cause they looked all gross and like an animal got into them:( I know I had at least 60 or more ponies....and we lived on a farm so we burned our trash:( so 50 plus ponies were burned and I was unaware of it, until I wanted to find them again.

Post Merge: April 25, 2013, 11:52:18 AM

One of them was Perm Shop Fifi and the Perm Shop

:cry: :(  :scared: So sad!

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
When I was younger, being forced to sell my ponies at a garage sale, back in the mid-90s. I don't remember any of my ponies though, except for UK Jazzy :(

My most recent trauma moment is seeing all the G4 Lily Blossoms being used as custom bait for :muffin: Pony, and seeing the comments like "She is a failed version at trying to make :muffin: Pony brushable." NO she is her own pony and should be appreciated for being Lily Blossom :( Use a spare Rainbow Dash or something!!!  :pullhair:
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »
My stories aren't as traumatizing as others but they have some sadness.

My sister and I got our childhood ponies, Whizzer, Tic Tac Toe, Posey, and Remco fakie, from our cousins who were getting "too old" for their collection. My mother allowed us to pick out only 2 ponies each and a few accessories. I remember them having a Dream Castle but there was no way my mom wanted us lugging that home. I long to get a Dream Castle so much! And to think I was so close!

Somewhere through the years Tic Tac Toe has gone missing. I still have Whizzer, Posey and even the sad little Remco fakie but no sign of Tic Tac Toe. This is very distressing to me because she was my favorite.  :cry:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 12:20:51 PM »
I am sure I have a worse story, but...

I woke up to the sound of the dog eating one of my really loved ponies. It was a terrible sound. And the thought of the noise really rinds me of nails on a chalk board. It is forever in my head.

My dog was ok btw. The pony was on top of a shelf, I think the cat had knocked it down. Now every collectible is on a deep shelf where the cat does not jump.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

from1981

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 12:37:33 PM »
Other than discovering that my Italian Bowtie had cancer & had to be given to someone who has time to deal with it more than I at the time, my worst time was when I came home from 7 weeks in the hospital after my youngest daughter & I were hit by the drunk driver &5 weeks later my daughters (who were both minors at the time)came home & not being able to walk I had asked her for my original 1982 Minty , Snuzzle & Cotton Candy & she could not find Minty, he was not in the barrister bookcase upstairs in the bedroom. She did finally find him in the garage in a puddle of water, that was caused by a storm blowing rain, either my trusted fiend of 11 years & mother of 5 had let her grandchildren do this or this guy who works at Taco Mac in Dunwoody had bought children into my house when she went out of town & gave him the key,: they also stole 1500of stuff from myself & my youngest daughter. Of course she had to clorox soak him, & he will never be the way he was before, but he looks better now & is still one of my first Hasbro ponies, not including 1981 MY PRETTY PONY .He is here in the townhouse in the little tikes 2 story barn now , it's big & open & he & I remember the 80s & no recession, I don't care what they say, if there really was a recession in the 80s, it was nothing like this one. :lol: :lookround: :( about this recession, about Minty, I was so glad Paulina found him.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:22:37 PM by from1981 »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 01:33:43 PM »
I had a fairly large pony collection when I was a kid. I had 1-2 ponies from each set, along with the complete set of Raincurl ponies, pearly babies and TAF babies. I even had non-BBE Baby Gusty and Baby AJ that I got from a garage sale as a kid. They were all in wonderful condition because I took really good care of all my toys. Well, in '91 (I was just 9), my mom dropped my brothers and I off at the babysitter and packed some things and left a note telling my dad she was leaving him. He was abusive to all of us, so my mom finally packed us up to leave. The next day she went back to get the rest of our things and found he attempted suicide (carbon monoxide) but before doing that, he had burned a ton of our belongings in a huge bonfire, which included my entire pony collection. I was never able to get replacements because by the time we were in a position to replace some of our lost possessions, stores had stopped selling MLP.

Since I've started collecting again, I've been able to get some of the ponies I had as a child, but most of them (TAF babies, pearly babies, Baby Leaper) are too expensive for me to replace them. I've given up on the pearly babies since they're too expensive and I don't like them quite as much now as I used to, but I'd love to get Baby Dancing Butterflies again someday since she was my childhood favorite. I rarely see her for sale and when I do, she's usually out of my price range.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
This is a very sad thread.  :hug: to everyone.

My story isn't that sad but. . .  When I was four, I got my first pony for Christmas, a SS Windwhistler and I loved her.  She was beautiful.  A few months later, my mom and I went to the mall and I begged to be allowed to the her with me.  I was never allowed to take toys out, so this was a special treat and my mom agreed - and then I left her right outside of JC Penney's.  I was devastated.  :(
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal