collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic fun Celestial Ponies  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Basic fun Celestial Ponies
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2022, 06:50:04 PM »
I saw your posts on tumblr yesterday, Ladymoondancer, and WOW, what incredibly exciting news!! The plushies are adorable, and the celestials... ahhh! I can't wait to see how the finished ones look, and I'm super curious about what they'll name them!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2022, 07:42:30 PM »
Hope we see them in canada
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2022, 09:34:52 PM »
Just got a chance to sit down and watch the video, I'm so excited! I'm going to pass on the plushies, since that's not really my thing, but I do like the blind box little ponies. Even with the molded hair and brushable tail, which usually looks awkward, I think these are a very nice quality for that size of toy. They remind me of the Hallmark ornaments. And it's really cool to see merch of ponies who don't get much attention, like Starflower! The artwork for the Rescue at Midnight Castle box is really amazing. I hope that is similar to how it looks when it's released to the public. I think $19.99 is very fair for a set of 6 small toys. Spike is so adorable, even if he is bigger than the ponies. XD

Part of me is disappointed that Amazon seems like the only place willing to work with Basic Fun, and part of me is relieved, because it will mean I will be able to order them and not have to stop at 5 different Targets looking for if any of them are carrying them lol.

I am honestly glad Basic Fun is jumping into the blind box craze. Although as a collector it's a little frustrating, and I'm sure parents are annoyed that this is how so many toys are presented these days, I think it will really help Basic Fun make some money so they can grow and expand.

I watched the Care Bears part of the video too, they're pretty cute! Though I won't be collecting them. (Man, they should give us marbled ponies like the marbled Care Bears! Lol. I'd snatch those up.) Loving the Eco-Love Care Bears made with 100% recycled materials!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2022, 12:41:03 AM »
Amazon working with BF also helps it globalise. Target is not so helpful for those of us overseas - in the past it's been a big reason why we didn't get large swathes of product (G3 mostly) so while I hope Target does pick them up for folks in the States, I wouldn't want them to be the lead. Bad enough they're going to get an exclusive blindbox option. I don't really understand the US obsession with store exclusives. It's not like it doesn't/hasn't happened here, but it's much more scaled down and, in G1, the only store exclusives the UK had were things Woolworths imported from the US clearance (ponies like Lemon Treats and Mint Dreams that only came out here because of those imports, not as part of the official Hasbro UK release). So yeah, I am anti store exclusives as a rule.

I also didn't notice the pony name on the box, I was too focused on the other details. I also think the 4 on the side means there'll be a full set, and I would expect the fourth to be in CJ's pose, albeit she might not be, because they have a range of earth poses they could use. I am suspecting they chose poses which they thought the swirls looked best on, seeing as the guy talked about the work and attention to detail.

A higher price point is fine with me if it means they get to exist. :)

Did we ever get prototype names for the Celestials from Hasbro?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2022, 01:29:57 AM »
I'm SO excited for these! I remember when we all wrote BF about making them haha. So good to finally, finally see them! I'm also super curious to see the final product, these already look fantastic!
I seriously hope these will come to Europe, but if they'll be selling on Amazon I'd say there's (hopefully, knock on wood) a decent chance they will. ^^ squeee!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2022, 05:07:50 AM »
The prototype name for the Celestial set was the Fancy Swirl ponies and the names of the ponies were Mistyglow, Pearlshine, Swirlabout, and Starswirl.  (Hasbro sure looooves the name Starswirl!)

However this is pretty obscure knowledge, I only stumbled across it two days ago, lol.  My guess is that Basic Fun didn't know any of this info and only had the backcard image to go off of.  I'm not sure if Hasbro even knows the names anymore;  I think it might be former Hasbro employees who brought the info to Pony Fair?

Anyhoo I don't mind new names, we have at least three Starswirls already and Celestial ponies sounds much grander than Fancy Swirl ponies.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline AnotherTonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2022, 07:42:08 AM »
This is amazing news.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 05:02:49 PM by AnotherTonic »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2022, 07:49:09 AM »
Ah thanks LadyM! I thought I remembered proto names for these floating around, but I wasn't sure if I was mixing them up with the Nestie babies or not. I like the name Mistyglow... but very glad we're not getting Yet Another Starswirl ;)
(Although that's interesting... G1 Starswirl was one of the Colour Swirls. Hmm - maybe leading more credence to the theory that they're what we got instead of the Celestials?  :wonder:)

I like Celestial better than Fancy Swirl too, very pretty, plus it's easier to remember (Fancy Swirl's too close to Colour Swirl). I forget, where did the name "Celestial" come from anyway? Is that a fan nickname that we've unwittingly elevated to official status? :frolic: I remember the name "Fairy Brights" being tossed around back in the day, too.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2022, 08:16:12 AM »
Ooooh I missed that the box has a name on it! So the white one's name is Aurora? :o

I like it. Can't wait to see the others names.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2022, 08:21:49 AM »
When I made my Flutter customs of these 10+ years ago, I used the names Aurora, Nova, Nebula, and Zenith. That was before we found out what their official names would have been a few years later. Not sure whether or not Basic Fun has seen those customs on my FB page and liked the names or if the name choice is a coincidence. Still cool to me, though.

I am so excited for this set and can't wait to buy them!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2022, 10:10:41 AM »
I'm so happy Basic Fun was so welcoming to the person that made the video.  I'm still not in to releasing the original six ponies again even with the different boxes and brushes but I love everything else.

I'm excited that the six pack RAMC set isn't blind boxed and includes Twilight. :)  I'd much rather buy a set like that and know what characters are included.  That being said I know I'll buy a least a few of the blind boxes just to see what ponies I get. 

I know RAMC was the first My Little Pony special and was titled My Little Pony before it was edited for MLP n Friends, but does anyone remember what year it came out? I just checked my VHS and it says 1984.  Did I hear the BF guy say it was 1983?  Not that I'd fault them for being a year off.

I'm so happy to see the Celestial ponies. I hope the white one's name remains Aurora.  I think that's a fitting name for a space themed pony.  I think we'll see the 4th pony too based on the mock up box.

It sounds like Basic Fun was listening to us when we said we wanted the Celestial ponies.  That's really nice that they are aware of the collecting community and what we want to see. :D

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2022, 10:47:49 AM »
Starbrite Sprinkles, I like your names much more :)

I also think Celestial is a fan name, but this is the thing.

When it comes to real issued ponies, I'm very much a stickler for accuracy but these are not real issued ponies. We've seen so many examples of ponies whose names change mid production. There's no reason for these to have any kind of name banded about by Hasbro.

I did think there was something, hence I asked, but I don't like any of those names and am glad if we get different. We might not, though. Aurora might be a place holder name label. It's all up in the air - but I feel like we as a community were a part of the force behind these happening. If they end up with some of our touches in their release, then why not? They're not part of Hasbro's line any more. They're something beyond that and it's weird but cool.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
I know RAMC was the first My Little Pony special and was titled My Little Pony before it was edited for MLP n Friends, but does anyone remember what year it came out? I just checked my VHS and it says 1984.  Did I hear the BF guy say it was 1983?  Not that I'd fault them for being a year off.

I just checked my copy of the original US rental tape and that says 1984, too. I think he just got the year wrong :)

I liked how chatty and welcoming the Basic Fun rep was, too, it's really nice to see that.

Starbrite, it'd be so cool if they used your names!! I'm excited to see what the others are called :)

Re: the 40th ann. collectors - honestly at this point I'm more amused by them than anything  :lol: I have a feeling I'll end up with Cotton Candy at least - got three other decades' worth of CCs (I still need a flatfoot ver!) so at this point, why not?! XD I wonder if there'll be any noticeable differences between them + the previous Basic Fun release, or if it'll just be the different boxes (and brushes?).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:32:04 AM by Carrehz »

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2022, 03:57:51 PM »
I am absolutely getting my hands on the celestial ponies and at least one plush! I'm so excited to see these! The mini's are kind of cool and I'd love to pick those up too. Can't wait!!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2022, 04:07:00 PM »
OMG, that's so cool that she has a whole video!! Thank you for sharing LadyMoondancer!! :heart: :frolic:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal