collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Digit Tuple Digital Speedpaint 4 Part video series  (Read 644 times)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Digit Tuple Digital Speedpaint 4 Part video series
« on: May 08, 2014, 06:43:25 PM »
Hello again, dahlinks!

I'm sorta back... again... busy Bee has been busy.

I've decided to get into recording many of my Art Jam Livestream sessions, edit the daylights out of them, and post them to Youtube. Why? It's fun, may bring in a little more funds to help me move at the end of the year, and it will give people a chance to see how I create my artwork. I'm also thinking of recording the sessions I do when working on the custom pony for the Big Apple Ponycon custom pony contest... or something. I DUN KNOW. I can't brain too well right now with this headache.

ANYHOO!

I recorded the process while working on an OC pony badge for Andrew Grondin, that he won in an auction through the Traveling Pony Museum, from rough sketch to tighter sketch to tight pencils, skipped the inks because silly me forgot to record myself inking while at Kogaracon 2014, and on to the full digital paints in ArtRage Studio.

Tried making the videos a bit informative, eventually a little funnier from video 2 on ( and from here on out ), also mixing a little bit of vlogging into it, a-cuz, all while you, the viewer watch me, step by step, create a pony art badge.

The final badge just has to be printed, laminated, and attached to a con lanyard.

If you care to check out the four part video series of me working on this badge, from start to finish, check out the links below! If you like them, feel free to give'em a Like, and don't forget to hit the Subscribe button. I'm going to TRY and put out at LEAST 2 more videos before May let's out, maybe even another Driving Vlog. I KIND of want to drive around through the maze of HELL that is the Lake Hopatcong, NJ, area, and make a few needed announcements, for both myself and Big Apple Ponycon, because I love pimping for that con. We'll see! It might even happen tomorrow!

First, the finished badge:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And now, for the videos! Click on the banners to be taken to each video:

~~Bee
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:47:41 PM by Bee-chan »

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Digit Tuple Digital Speedpaint 4 Part video series
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:46:30 AM »
Bee! :tackleglomp:

So nice to see your work again! I've been following you on DA, of course, but I really missed your pony art. I've always loved your unique style, here it was the gorgeous shiny tail and the adorable muzzle and ears that instantly caught my attention! I also love the movement of the pose, I feel I can almost see him raise and turn his head.

Thanks for sharing the videos of your process too, I always enjoy watching video tutorials and recordings of working processes. What programme do you use for digital painting? Your sketching looks almost like traditional. ^^

/ ETA a missing word...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Bee-chan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:37:19 PM »
Bee! :tackleglomp:

So nice to see your work again! I've been following you on DA, of course, but I really missed your pony art. I've always loved your unique style, here it was the gorgeous shiny tail and the adorable muzzle and ears that instantly caught my attention! I also love the movement of the pose, I feel I can almost see him raise and turn his head.

Thanks for sharing the videos of your process too, I always enjoy watching video tutorials and recordings of working processes. What programme do you use for digital painting? Your sketching looks almost like traditional. ^^

/ ETA a missing word...

Hi Griffin!

The program is called ArtRage Studio, by Ambient Design. It actually mimics traditional mediums! I use an older version, so I don't have the ability to do some things that the newest version can. I guess people wanted more text editing options or something.

http://www.artrage.com/

And it's under $50 USD for the full program!

Aaaaaaand I think I make have created a custom tool FINALLY to mimic brush inking! YAY! It's just the Smoothed Inking setting under Ink Pen, with Smoothing turned OFF, so that the line I lay down is EXACTLY how I want it to look, not the too smooth autocorrect look. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Must test it out! Inking time!

Post Merge: May 09, 2014, 08:12:23 PM

Aaaaand nope to that custom ink pen setting. Ditto on doing the same with a watercolor brush as an inking brush in ArtRage. Just not the same, especially since the Wacom pens are so thick, and real inking brushes and pens have thin barrels.

Poo.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:12:23 PM by Bee-chan »

Offline Griffin

• aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 02:13:14 AM »
I'm sorry it didn't work out. Your brush inking style is special! Maybe some things just can't be digitalised... but I hope you'll be able to figure out something close to it sooner or later. :) Though your current digital inks look great to me nonetheless!

And thanks, I think I've heard about ArtRage but I haven't tried it myself so I didn't recognise the programme. I'll have to look into it!

Bee-chan

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 04:17:24 AM »
These aren't digital inks in the piece, though. It's the only part that isn't digital. I turned the pencils into a non-repro blue print piece, printed to card stock, inked the print out with a Prismacolor brush tip marker, scanned and cleaned up the inks, then painted the scanned inks.

Offline Griffin

• aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 09:35:52 AM »
Ah yes, my bad! Should've paid better attention.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 12:17:42 PM »
Oh wow! That is so interesting to watch - I love seeing something come to life from start to finish. He is a handsome pony - I always adore your style, its gorgeous.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Bee-chan

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:42 PM »
Thanks, Hathor!

Hey gals and guys! Any suggestions for new videos? Want to see any tutorials or anything? Any questions?

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:06:17 PM »
Hi Bee!!!  :D  :hug:  I love watching pictures come together like that.  I'll have to look into the program too.  I like the look of it from your videos.  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Bee-chan

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 02:40:55 AM »
Hi Bee!!!  :D  :hug:  I love watching pictures come together like that.  I'll have to look into the program too.  I like the look of it from your videos.  :)

Definetely give it a try, Zenna! It's an great little program, and anything that can imitate traditional mediums while still being digital is awesome.

And thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal